Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy an opty 185

Options
  • 12-04-2007 5:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

I really want to upgrade from a 3700+ to an Opteron 185 but cant seem to find one for sale anywhere except from eBay which is decent value (but shipping from the USA adds a lot) and from komplett which is around 330 euro - im fairly sure they should be cheaper then 330 but cant find em anywhere.

anyone know where i might find em?
    or better yet anyone able to sell me a second hand OEM one for around the 250 euro price mark?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Hercule wrote:
    I really want to upgrade from a 3700+ to an Opteron 185 but cant seem to find one for sale anywhere except from eBay which is decent value (but shipping from the USA adds a lot) and from komplett which is around 330 euro - im fairly sure they should be cheaper then 330 but cant find em anywhere.

anyone know where i might find em?
    or better yet anyone able to sell me a second hand OEM one for around the 250 euro price mark?

The best place to buy one, would be www.scan.co.uk. Though why you want a 185 over a 165 or 170 is beyond me, As its double the price or the 170. Which can easilly run at 3ghz on air. I have one myself, a 170. And it is more then content to run at 3.2ghz but gets a bit to hot. So 3ghz is where i like to keep it from day to day.

On the other hand, why not just save up some money and buy a c2d e6300/e4300, 965mobo and some ram( ddr2 ). You can keep the rest of your components.

*Edit* just incase you insist of the opty, here is the link:

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Products.ASP?CatID=11&FilterCategories=252&Thumbnails=yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Agree totally with Anti

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

go for a 165 or x2.

you could go c2d for prittty cheap also.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

Well my current processor runs at around 2400-2500 (single core) with a zalmann cooler so id wanted a significant upgrade - i intended getting an FX-60 but they are often more expensive and harder to find then the opteron 185

keep in mind that i have a Socket 939 motherboard so a c2d is going to require a whole new motherboard (maybe a new build :p ive already spent enough on the various components :p) price range for me is 250-300 so im thinking an opteron is my best bet for the raw power and lastability

anywhere else i might find em the prices from scan and komplett (approx the same) are the best from (non-ebay) shops yet

Advertisement