Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evolution Soccer Tournament

Options
  • 12-04-2007 9:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

PHB said I could let you all know about this, so thanks to him.

There is a Pro Evolution Sovver Tournament on in Tolka Park (the home of Shelbourne Football Club), Drumcondra, Dublin 3, next Thursday 19th April 2007.

I'm not running this, some other guys are, but I said I'd just see if there's any interest here.

Details

Think you are the King of Pro Evolution Soccer? Think you`re better than the best?
    Heres your chance to prove yourself!!

Come along to the 2nd Pro Evo Tournament night, which will take place in the main supporters bar of Tolka Park, this coming Thursday the 19th of April from 8pm!

Participation in the tournament will cost 10 euros each, and there will be cash prizes for those finishing in 1st, 2nd and 3rd place! The competition starts at 8pm sharp, and will last several hours, but all participants are asked and encouraged to get down before 8, as they will be required to register and pay before they can play. Registration will be available from 7pm.

All money raised on the night go towards a very good cause - the SSDG, which will then be used in a very visable and practical way to the benefit of Shelbourne Football Club, and all fans who visit Tolka Park.

In order for the event to run smoothly, we will need as many TV`s, PS2`s, controllers, and PES6 games there as possible. So if anybody can possibly bring along any or all of these items, just for the night, please do! It will be very much appreciated by everyone!!
    In fact, i urge all those who plan to come down to at least try to bring along their own controller!

Everyone is welcome to attend, however as the venue has a bar, under 18`s must be accompanied by a responsible adult and will not be served alcohol under any circumstances. These two rules will be strictly enforced on the night, and the management reserves the right to refuse admission.
    Anybody in breach of these rules, or found causing any trouble at all during the night will be ejected.

I hope to see many of you there, and remember, participation in this event is not exclusively open to Shels fans, so invite any Pro Evo loving friends you may have too! You dont have to play to enjoy yourself either, so if you cant join in the games, come down and join in the atmosphere, enjoy a drink at the bar and a chat, show your support and lets make the night as much fun as possible for all!!

Many thanks in advance to all who will make it down!!

In order for this event to be a success, a small number of rules are needed to keep things fair and balanced. Im sure you all can understand and appreciate why.

RULES:

No edited or Master League teams will be permitted. As a result, no memory cards will be allowed. Use of memory cards and edited teams constitutes cheating, and anybody found to be cheating will be disqualified from the competition.

Pausing: Repeated unnecessary pausing will not be permitted. However, if the pauses are legit (ie. to change a player, kicker etc) that will be allowed. Formation changes must be made either BEFORE the game starts, or at HALF TIME only, and must be quick. WE will have people supervising the games, and if anybody has any problems, they can say it to those supervisors, who are permitted to decide what action is appropriate given the circumstances. Repeated unnecessary pausing is counted as cheating, and as previously mentioned, cheating is ultimately punishable by disqualification from the tounament. But that would apply only in extreme cases with regards to pausing.

Settings!
    Video Mode: All Playstation consoles will be set to 60Hz, and all games will be played at that speed.

Form: All players should choose to have all their team on red arrows, the best form. That way everyone can play to the best of their ability, and can have no complaints or excuses.

Weather: Clear. For the same reasons.

Referee: Johann Weikath

Stadium & Ball settings: All matches will take place in the Riazor stadium this time (due to some nice Shels related memories!), and the adidas +teamgeist matchball will be used.

Registering to play in the tournament constitutes acceptance of these rules.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 webbian

how many people wud uz be expecting?? there are 4 of us interested

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Gee, I think I'll go to this, but I'm wary I'm much ****ter than I used to be :)
    This is me pre-empting my possible loss, and glorifying my possible victory even more :P

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Ballymun Bohs

I might yet make an appearance at this along with a friend,even though it is helping a football club which i despise,the chance of playing some face to face competitive PES might be just too much to resist :D

Hey Sorry, how do I get there?
    I get the LUAS out there, where do I get off?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Theres tons of buses from O'Connell St up to Drumcondra road - should only take 10mins or so.

• Advertisement

Yeh, just to be honest, I've never been there.
    Ok, so it's not the on LUAS line,

3 (O'Connell Street)
    11,11A, 11B (O'Connell Street)
    16, 16A (O'Connell Street)
    41, 41A, 41B, 41C (Eden Quay)

will apparently get me there, have to ask the Driver where Kennedy's pub is, should be fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Yeh, its just after the canal bridge i think, shouldn't be too hard to miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

PHB wrote:
    Hey Sorry, how do I get there?
    I get the LUAS out there, where do I get off?

Typical bloody man utd fan!!!!!!!

:eek:

kdjac

This United fan got his ass kicked, went out in the group stages.
    So out of practice against humans its unreal.

Gona be tough to get back to my old standerd by 3rd June

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Im guessing you were sober.

May be a reason :D

kdjac

• Advertisement

I actually had a few, shockingly enough, felt quite tipsy. Bloody exams getting in the way of drinking!

I just have to learn how to defend again. My attack is the same as it always has been, one chance one goal, but my defense is shocking.

Advertisement