Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairdressers

Options
  • 12-04-2007 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Has anyone used Sin E to get their highlights done? Or has anyone any recommendations for a good hairdresser in Greystones?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ash760

kudos in the meridian centre...I hate going to the haridressers but I have to say, they have done a great job everytime I've gone in and the staff seem really sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Have a read of this thread before booking anything in Sin E...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054977865

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Yes!, appears to be a close runner with Jackie Skelly fo service provider of the year 2007 Charlesland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

My Mum goes to Kudos once a week and loves them. They do a really good job. I've only ever been to Sin E once. I have to say I was quite pleased and they were nice but from other posts I think I got them on a good day. It was Christmas time and who's not happy at Christmas time. It was also the Christmas before last so Maybe standards dropped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭dreamingoak

ash760 wrote:
    kudos in the meridian centre...I hate going to the haridressers but I have to say, they have done a great job everytime I've gone in and the staff seem really sound.

heres a bit from my blog relating to kudos.

i am starting to take on my summer 'declan look' with the freckles coming in and so i thought, i shall head to the hairdressers to rescue my femininity, which for me is always a risky move, as i invariably come out looking like some sort of lunatic. so i decided to lop it all off, it was getting a bit messy. i found a nicy pic of a wavy short style which would work for me. the 'lady' showed me a pic of a similar but poker straight and chopy style which would not work for me. no. i said. that one. this one she siad, with some nice red streaks. no. i said. no streaks. maybe some red, loveyl with your black hair, blah blah... no! i shrieked. red does NOT SUIT ME i have a COOL SKIN TONE! i want THAT ONE! not straight, not red, not coloured in any way! so she got me a cup of tea and a nice biscuit to calm me down, and set about the carnage. which went quite well. until she said, maybe some velcro rollers, to boost the curl a little? that might be nice, i thought. as the horror of the giant heating helmet thing went on ,i remembered the last time.... i just want to warn u, my hair takes a style very fast, and if u leave me under here too long, ill look like shirly temple. ten mins at most. a siad it quite politely. the magazines always say to stand up for yourself in haidressers. well, half an hour later she whipped the thing off and revived me from the heat stroke. what do you think?! she said. i did warn you. i said. what have you done?! ruby said. i looked like liz taylor in her 70 s. she scowled and brushed it out, and i went home and put a tight scarf on my helmet for a few hours till it calmed down.

now its quite nice. although still not what i asked for.
    why cant they just listen ??

there is one woman in there, melayna, shes scandanavian, who is fantastic, and has never offended my hair. occaisionally i forget to ask for her ,and chaos ensues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 hon79

Hi there
    Had one not so great experience with Kudos but once I complained to the owner Des, I have to say, he did a fantastic job of compensating me. Since then, I have nothing but postivies to say about Kudos, think they offer good value for money and the staff are great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭anniec

would agree try asking for myleena from Denmark she is brilliant however Im not sure she works full time maybe just weekends and she is hard to get an appointment last minute but if you get colour done she will talk to the alternative stylist and ensure you get the correct colour etc

Would recommend sin e for last minute appointment for wash and blow dry however once you get past the excellent customer service on reception you should have no problems! Im being sarcastic by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ADK

I had a terrible time with Kudos last time I was in there getting a semi-permanent and they got loads of dye all over my neck, made a half-hearted attempt to get it off and I noticed how much there was left on when I got back to my seat. I told the girl and she gave me a piece of cotton wool and just left me to it with no offer to rinse it off. I ended up having to dip it in my water glass to rinse off. The owner saw the colour of the water in my glass and asked about it. I told him the story and he sort of laughed and didn't take it very seriously. The girl washing my hair also didn't put any protective clothing on me for my hair dye (just a towel). The manager/Owner (I don't know which) said it to her and she said there were none left!! I was also left waiting for about half an hour for my stylist after being brought to my chair after getting my hair washed, with no explanation and nobody coming near me. I was so fed up at the time. My cousin also had really bad highlights there and complained, they did them again for her and she still wasn't happy. Funnily enough though the haircut I got was alright but I wouldn't go back there again for anything. I tried Aidan Fitzgerald in Blackrock last time (my cousin goes there now too!) and they were so good. A bit far away (and a bit pricier) but worth it I think. If anybody has a good recommendation for Greystones, I'd love to hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭MegFi

great hairdresser in kilcoole, creative touch, really good, also very friendly and helpful, tiny place. great value too. highly recommended. also no problem to park.

Advertisement