Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tyres in Cork

• 12-04-2007 11:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Anyone know a good reliable and cheap place that I can get 4 new tyres in or around Cork city?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Rathcormac tyres, they know their stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭exactiv

I've always gone to Tyre World on Tramore Road (just off the link). The guy who owns it is sound out. Cheap enough too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭techie

Any on the Ricky Galvin outlets around the city would be good.

I've always found them to be expensive. They were quoting €20 more per tyre the last time I got the car re-shod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭techie

exactiv wrote:
    I've always found them to be expensive. They were quoting €20 more per tyre the last time I got the car re-shod.

Never found that, I got 4 tyres there recently for the same price Dessies were quoting me for them but Galvins were closer to me :)

• Advertisement

Must've been the week I called ;) Or else I bought some dodgey shit off of the lad on the Tramore road :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

always used the Ricky Galvins at the end of Forge Hill.. never any problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

bigkev49 wrote:
    Rathcormac tyres, they know their stuff.

I wouldn't say they know their stuff (I have had war with them in the past over abortive attempts at fixing car and tractor tyres), but the prices are very right for good quality tyres. They were far cheaper than Dessies when I put new boots on my car at the start of they year.

Corbetts near the Mercy hospital are good to deal with too, and the Lassa tyres they favour are pretty OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I've used Treadwell from time to time and I find them quite reasonable. Hanover times aren't too bad either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

maidhc wrote:
    I wouldn't say they know their stuff (I have had war with them in the past over abortive attempts at fixing car and tractor tyres), but the prices are very right for good quality tyres. They were far cheaper than Dessies when I put new boots on my car at the start of they year.

Corbetts near the Mercy hospital are good to deal with too, and the Lassa tyres they favour are pretty OK.

Dunno maidhc, in the last six months Ive got tyres for my own yoke, an altezza, a skyline and a 2400 gallon connor vacuum tank!! all without a hitch and cheaper than any other place i rang.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

bigkev49 wrote:
    Dunno maidhc, in the last six months Ive got tyres for my own yoke, an altezza, a skyline and a 2400 gallon connor vacuum tank!! all without a hitch and cheaper than any other place i rang.

:) Bloody big tanker.

My problems related to 3 attempts to repair a tyre for a New Holland tractor. On one occasion a worker rolled the wet tube across the yard and shoved it into the tyre without cleaning the stones off. I didn't say anything at the time but needless to say it lasted 5 minutes in the field! There was another saga relating to making a JCB tyre airtight. On another occasion I got 4 firestones that made the most unbelievable road noise, as if they were oval shaped. They were replaced without much hassle though.

Still, I deal with them all the time, and the prices are good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

there's a new place in midleton, KGW tyres, in the business park by the flyover at the cork side of the town.

KGW Tyres and Auto Services
    Unit 4A, Europa Business Park
    Midleton.
    021-4630635
    087-9894179

should be able to sort you out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

there's a new place in midleton, KGW tyres, in the business park by the flyover at the cork side of the town.

KGW Tyres and Auto Services
    Unit 4A, Europa Business Park
    Midleton.
    021-4630635
    087-9894179

should be able to sort you out.
    They're certainly the cheapest I've been quoted so far, and the handiest. I assume you've used them with no problems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

yeah. got sorted with a set of pirellis for new alloys, new clutch, brakes done, a couple of services at this stage. no problems at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CuoreSportivo

Must say I dealt with KGW in the past and found them great, spent a small fortune with them over a couple of years. But I noticed that when they started putting their advertising signs up all around Midleton their prices started going up, and they put your car on the diagnostic machine for everything. The last straw came when I was charged €150 to have an ignition coil replaced. Funny thing is that the same thing happened to a buddy of mine shortly after and got it done for €135 at a main dealer. Strange times when the Main dealers are better value than your local Mechanic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 llcoob

There is a new place behind Lidl in Churchfield never dealt with them but their advertising says cheapest tyres on the northside, but thats prob comparing themselves to Dessies Tyres who are probably the dearest........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

This thread is 3 years old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CuoreSportivo

Humble apologies, I was unaware that there was a statute of limitations on conversations. Perhaps you can tell me the exact cut off time for posting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

3 years is well past the cut-off. Read the Charter.

Start a new thread if you want.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement