Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me take out the trash

• 12-04-2007 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Literally :(

Im living with some house mates in waterford during college , everything was going fine until two of us left the house for a week before the easter break . We came back this morning to find more rubbish that any human can imagine gathering in over two weeks in all the bins .
    We have three bins , one for food and stuff like that , one for recyclables and the other for general rubbish . As far as we can see there is stuff in the bins that are not meant to be there , there is loads of take away food just molding away in all the bins ,plastic bags etc.. Basically the rubbish that is meant to be sortted for the rubbish bins are not sortted . They way the bins are now the rubbish men wont take the bins as is .
    We tried sorting the bins out , but because of the heat over the last week or two the stench is unbearable and we would be coverd in gunk if we try to go any further .

I was just wondering if anyone here in Boards knows any phone numbers of anyone to just take the bins away . We are going to make the lads who messd the bins up pay for the rubbish to be taken away , we just need to find someone to take them away because we have no other choice .
    We have no way of taking away the bins ourselvs and like i have said we try'd to sort it our selfs but thats also a no go.

So please , if anyone out there knows of anyone i can contact to get these bins cleaned out i would be really greatfull
    thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I don't know of anywhere that will clean bins as in the end the bins are yours to take care of and ensure they are clean.

Why not get the gob****es who filled them with crap to clean them instead of paying for them to be taken away?

Might teach them a lesson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SPOONITE

Yeah i understand the bins are for us to look after , and im fair pissed at the lads for messing the bins up . But since we have try'd to clean the bins out one of them has allready gotten sick , which means that will be going in the bins and make things worse againn for us to clean it .
    As is we dont have time to go a whole day cleaning the bins due to college work and work itself . In the end the lads are going to learn a lesson anyway because they are going to be paying for the bins to be taken away and emptied aswell as paying for the bin pickups for the next few weeks ( yeah we are going to make them pay for the bins because of stupidity ) .

I really hate doing this , i would prefer to have just had everything sorted for recycleing rather than paying for it to be dumped but i think this is the only way to fix this problem because i dont want to wait until after the college exams when we have time to get the bins sorted out because it would be worse againn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I actually saw a guy with a car and a trailer who does that. I have no name or anything but look in the classifieds of the local papers.
    Least you know they exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

same guy cleans bins each week on my street, next time hes up ill get his number for ya if thats any help but why not just get some boiling water and disinfectant(sp?) it aint that tough like.

(edit)
    after re-reading your post he wont take away the rubbish he just cleans the bins after they have been emptied, also
    each bag you take to the dump now costs a 7.50 bintag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SPOONITE

i was looking last night for a number for someone to take the rubbish away , couldnt find a thing . I know there are people who do it iv seen then , but when i dont need them i see them everywhere , when i do need them they are no where to be seen . Typical :)
    there has to be someone in the waterford area that can help me , there are loads of flies gathering around the bins now ( its bound to happenn around the bins, but there are swarms of em ) .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭Hifive

Some of the guys who will take the rubbish away for you aren't the most civic minded and will just dump it anywhere.
    So instead of just moving the problem on try this..
    I had to deal with this problem twice, when two separate sets of tenants left a property I own and rent out, and left the bins in a terrible mess exactly like yours.
    The first time I did it the hard way and separated it by hand. Not fun, I nearly threw up.
    The second time I got a roll of wheelie bin liners in Tesco and just tipped the bins into the bags (double up the bags for strength)
    It was then just a matter of bringing them to the dump in Kilbarry @€;7.50 each. A job for the perpetrators I think.

Advertisement