Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My New Revo 3.3

Options
  • 12-04-2007 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭

Well I took delivery of my new Revo 3.3 a few days ago. Bought it from TowerHobbies. Slow delivery, but it worked out at $550 delivered. No duty here either :D
    Went through the break-in procedure yesterday, and it was so easy. 5 tanks through at various throttle levels, then a check up and opened it up a bit on tank 6. No messing with the needles, everything was just right from the factory. Only problem, was with the wiring to the easy start motor. Seemingly it's a weak spot, with many reported occurrences. It was an easy fix though, just soldered on a new plug. Fair play to Tower and Traxxas, both have said they will send out a new wiring loom, and Tower are also sending a new ez-start motor.

I've added a few mods, put on a Tekno-Rc rear wing mount kit with a HPI Hellfire wing and fitted a Spektrum DX3.0. The Spektrum works perfectly with the optidrive and reversing set-up.

My brother got his T-Maxx 3.3 the same day, so it was good craic breaking them both in.

Hope to have some pics up soon....

Cheers
    Ciaran

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

Did the Spektrum DX3.0 come with two recievers....
    Hopefully you should not get any lock outs or interference with it...
    well maybe some if used beside the microwave....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Yeah, I got two recievers Sly. I really like the spektrum. There is no glitching or gittering at all. And it's very easy to set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

I hope you enjoy it cmar. Get some pics up of it if you can.
    Im having trouble with my 2.5 revo atm. I think i need to reset the needles back to factory settings and hopefully that will solve them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

Ya, once you bind the the RX to TX your done setting it up.
    I reckon we will see alot more 2.4ghz in the future. Easy to pick one up cheap in the states and bring it over...

I got the Spektrum from the States. $250 delivered.

I'll get some pics of the Revo up soon. One thing I did change was to put in the stiffer springs (supplied). The stock ones are way to soft! Now it sits fairly level under acceleration or braking.

• Advertisement

revovf9.jpg
    My New Revo

revotmaxx1qp7.jpg
    Parked up with my brothers new T-Maxx

revotmaxx2pb6.jpg

Advertisement