Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tapas Bar ?

Options
  • 12-04-2007 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭

Guys,

Can anyone recommend a good Tapas Bar in the city center (North or South, doesn't really matter) ?

I had a look at the various "Dublin Eateries" guides online, but it looks like theres a quite a few springing up around the place, and I'd appreciate if someone with some first-hand knowledge could recommend one.

I'm just looking for a place with good food, good beer, and a good atmosphere.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Salamanca on Andrew's St in Dublin 2 has top notch tapas type food. Its a sit down restaurant and can get quite hard to get a table. Nice wine, I think just a few bottled beers.

Also very good is the Market Bar (also Dublin 2, off Georges St). I prefer the food in Salamanca, but better beer in the Market bar, and arguably better atmosphere.

Neither are what you would call Tapas bars in the spanish sense, one is a restaurant that serves tapas and the other is a pub that serves tapas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Havana Restaurant off Camden Street (I think it's on Grantham Street - more or less opposite the Bleeding Horse pub) is nice. It's got 2 levels and is quite small so can feel a bit cramped at the weekends, but the food has been delicious any time I've eaten there. Fairly decent selection of wine and beer too.

I haven't been to Salamanca myself, but my housemate has been quite a few times and says it's lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I was in the Market bar just last night for the first time.

It's a nice enough place... but the stench of fish is very over powering... It made me feel ill anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

The Port House in Sth William St is nice... a bit pricey though but the staff are real friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Havana on George's street is decent enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Thanks all for the replies....much appreciated.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

boneless wrote:
    The Port House in Sth William St is nice... a bit pricey though but the staff are real friendly.

Seconded. Lovely place, food is gorgeous, try the Fino!!!

Advertisement