Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda Accord & Depreciation

Options
  • 12-04-2007 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All,
    New poster so I hope I'm not duplicating. I'm close to purchasing a Honda Accord and am looking at a '04 2.2l Diesel Exec. It looks like I can do well with a UK purchase, subject to useful comments and advice in other threads.

I reckon I can do it for approx €25000 all in. My last niggling concern is the fact that it looks like a new Accord is due next year. What's the general feeling on the effect this release will have on pricing here if I wanted to to change in 2/3 years?

Mileage on the car will be 50,000mls and I'll put 24,000 on a year.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Regardless of anything Honda's hold their value really really well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Well i am also purchasing a Honda Accord 04 model. I am going for the 2.0i Petrol as i do not do a huge amount of miles. As far as i can see the Accord holds its value quite well. They have one of the best Diesel engines in the market as stated by many recognised car reviewers and their 2.0i and 2.4i petrol VTEC engines are amazing in my opinion. The 2.0i pumping out 152BHP and the 2.4i going up to 187BHP. The Diesel model gives a super amount of power, running in at about 138 BHP and its performance and fuel consumption is super. I would not worry too much about the value of the car when Honda release a new version. If people were to always wait for new models to hit the market, then no one would buy a car. The Accord is really comfortable to drive and feels very sturdy on the road. A good buy mate. But for 25000 I think you can do better that 50000 miles.

This year we are seeing a new:

Merc C180 – C200 etc
    Mondeo
    Honda Accord
    BMW

Just to name a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Reaf

logik wrote:
    But for 25000 I think you can do better that 50000 miles.

Thanks for input so far. Logik...re: the above what mileage do you reckon I should be getting for €25000? By my reckoning that figure gets me something for approx £11,500stg.

Or even, should I take the miles and drop the money!?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

because the engine is above 1900cc the VRT is gonna be 30%

Reaf wrote:
    Thanks for input so far. Logik...re: the above what mileage do you reckon I should be getting for €25000? By my reckoning that figure gets me something for approx £11,500stg.

Or even, should I take the miles and drop the money!?

No problem mate,

Well i have been looking for you and found these:

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=636212

and

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=535322

and finally (Higher price but low mileage)

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=654130

These are all south Ireland cars so no VRT etc. Can i ask why you are going for an import?

EDIT: Oh and i should have said, going by the prices above, i supose 25000 for 50000 miles is not that bad actually. Still alot of hassel to import though.

• Advertisement

logik wrote:

These are all south Ireland cars so no VRT etc. Can i ask why you are going for an import?

EDIT: Oh and i should have said, going by the prices above, i supose 25000 for 50000 miles is not that bad actually. Still alot of hassel to import though.

I agree with you...I'm not completely thrilled about the prospect of import hassle. My preference would be to buy here but I've been looking for ages and my budget just hasn't stretched...until today!

Your first example has only gone up on Carzone today and the third one I reckon yesterday. (BTW...thanks for looking...).Both look interesting. The middle one would be a cert but for one thing....

....I reckon a spoiler spoils the Accord...

Reaf wrote:
    I agree with you...I'm not completely thrilled about the prospect of import hassle. My preference would be to buy here but I've been looking for ages and my budget just hasn't stretched...until today!

Your first example has only gone up on Carzone today and the third one I reckon yesterday. (BTW...thanks for looking...).Both look interesting. The middle one would be a cert but for one thing....

....I reckon a spoiler spoils the Accord...

Haha looks like we agree, i don't like the spolier on the Accord either. Good luck with the buying, let me know what you get in the end, as i would be interested :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

Rule of thumb is that when a new model comes out, the old models depreciate by an extra year in that year. i.e. say you have an 03 and the new model comes out this year. Next year your 03 will be worth approx what and 01 is at the moment rather than what an 02 is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

jonny24ie wrote:
    Regardless of anything Honda's hold their value really really well!!

The ones in logiks post from carzone seem to have all lost nearly 20 grand in 3 years - does this count as holding their value well ?

Seven Worlds will Collide

The ones in logiks post from carzone seem to have all lost nearly 20 grand in 3 years - does this count as holding their value well ?

Well look at other high end cars, many will be alot cheaper than 20000-25000 for the same year.

• Advertisement

Thanks all for your input.

Now I just got to fix my new last niggling doubt about whether a Audi A4 Avant might also do the trick...!

Too much choice methinks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

logik wrote:
    Well i am also purchasing a Honda Accord 04 model. I am going for the 2.0i Petrol as i do not do a huge amount of miles. As far as i can see the Accord holds its value quite well. They have one of the best Diesel engines in the market as stated by many recognised car reviewers and their 2.0i and 2.4i petrol VTEC engines are amazing in my opinion. The 2.0i pumping out 152BHP and the 2.4i going up to 187BHP. The Diesel model gives a super amount of power, running in at about 138 BHP and its performance and fuel consumption is super. I would not worry too much about the value of the car when Honda release a new version. If people were to always wait for new models to hit the market, then no one would buy a car. The Accord is really comfortable to drive and feels very sturdy on the road. A good buy mate. But for 25000 I think you can do better that 50000 miles.

This year we are seeing a new:

Merc C180 – C200 etc
    Mondeo
    Honda Accord
    BMW

Just to name a few.

i drove the accord auto again today it really is a sweet motor
    was driving along at 50mph and the car was doing under 2,000 revs..
    it sure is a joy to drive. the onboard computer was saying that i was getting 7.5L/100km about 37mpg..

the 5 speed auto seems to add to the fuel economy. i was driving an exec model demo.

he wants €11,000 for the 07 demo with 6,000 km on it or €9500 for a new stype auto.. (along with my avensis luna 06)

which do you think is the better buy?

Advertisement