Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer work in Galway

Options
  • 12-04-2007 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi,
    I am nearly 15 and was wondering if anyone out there has or knows anyone who has any part time work going for the summer, I play rugby and a bit of gaelic and I am doing an ecdl test soon. I have no work experience but I am more than willing to learn. I am very mature and easy to work with. A reference is available on request. Pay and hours aren't very important to me I am flexible in the hours in which I work.

Thanks

Darragh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

best thing to do mate is to find an elders friend. i think your probobly too young to get hired anywhere genuine. so the best thing is to find like an uncles friend/dads 3rd cousin or something like that to hire you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

legendaire wrote:
    Hi,
    Pay and hours aren't very important to me I am flexible in the hours in which I work.

I'll give you 1 euro an hour to go around galway taking picture's of the wierdo's of galway to post up on the Galway weirdo thread! A camera is not included and u need to be doing 23 hours a day. no breaks, no complaining!
    :p

Just to actually help you out here, id say ur best bet is to go labouring for the summer. Its tough tho, pay isnt bad if your 14-15 either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

well I've been working since I was 12 so what I'd suggest is avoid work until your 17 because you'll regret wasting your summers and then when you do apply on your CV leave out that you play any sports because alot of managers figure you'll need time off say your interested in watching it or somethin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

What Wompa said. Ive been working since I was 12 too. Not that I regret it, but i'd have preferred to be doing nothing, messin around Salthill when I was younger. Now that i'm 21 with cars and other stuff I *have* to work for the summer

Advertisement