Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Based Ghost Hunting group!

Options
  • 12-04-2007 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hi,

I've been into ghost hunting for some years and have done many investigations with various groups and have recently set up my own group with three other girls (2 psychic).

There's a load of interest in the paranormal around Galway but nobody really gets involved. Now I know we are a catholic country and psychics and ghost hunting is considered to be forbidden by catholics (I myself am Catholic but non practicing). So spiritualism and anything really to do with ghosts is usually not done, Exept for the Psychic fair at the Rasisson every year, but that's about it.

Anyway, our group plan lots of investigations around the country and over to the UK. Would anyone be interested in tagging along sometime? Some of them include Charleville Castle in Offaly and Leap Castle in Offlay

Our next big one is over to Edinburgh to the Edinburgh Blair Street Vaults, very very active location.. dont know if anyone's interested?

Our temporary site (while we make a website) is myspace.com/psychicsenses

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

Any good catch so far?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭singloud

I know catholicism is against psychics etc but I find these thing interesting. Any chance of tagging along but not taking part, just observing and so forth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭sensitive_soul

Well, our next trip is to Edinburgh, if you want to join us? June 16th??

Yes Duras, on our last investigation, somebody got an image of a girl in a doorway, I enhanced it on photoshop and she could be seen much clearer, nobody knows who it is, or...what[ it is. A medium who saw it said she picked up 2 entities from it.

Have a look for yourself

entityenhancedcopy.jpg

singloud wrote:
    I know catholicism is against psychics etc but I find these thing interesting. Any chance of tagging along but not taking part, just observing and so forth.

Well if you come along, you can indeed participate, we do saences and experiments and such so each night has alot to do, you never feel the hours fly by, you start investigating and before you know it, the sun is rising.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Well, our next trip is to Edinburgh, if you want to join us? June 16th??

Yes Duras, on our last investigation, somebody got an image of a girl in a doorway, I enhanced it on photoshop and she could be seen much clearer, nobody knows who it is, or...what[ it is. A medium who saw it said she picked up 2 entities from it.

Have a look for yourself

entityenhancedcopy.jpg

ZOMG! It's some woodgrain and shadow... I'll call the vatican immediately!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭singloud

I'm a sucker for ghosts and stuff, sadly I'm not moving to Ireland until July so that's out, seances all seem a bit bogus to me, sorry but ghosts fascinate me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

ZOMG! It's some woodgrain and shadow... I'll call the vatican immediately!

My thoughts exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

The abandoned house out the Coast road near Oranmore would be good if you're interested in ghosts and the paranormal.

There have been cases of poltergeist there for ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Can I bring beer?

The abandoned house out the Coast road near Oranmore would be good if you're interested in ghosts and the paranormal.

There have been cases of poltergeist there for ages!

My friend mentioned something about that before, apparently teenagers like to challenge each other into going there... I think the land is owned by the people across the road-so I hear..... I might go check it out tmrw, where exactly is it and what does it look like???

• Advertisement

My friend mentioned something about that before, apparently teenagers like to challenge each other into going there... I think the land is owned by the people across the road-so I hear..... I might go check it out tmrw, where exactly is it and what does it look like???

As you drive to Oranmore via the Coast Road, on your right keep your eyes peeled for the one house that is boarded up and overgrown. It's the only rundown house on the road. Can't miss it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

As you drive to Oranmore via the Coast Road, on your right keep your eyes peeled for the one house that is boarded up and overgrown. It's the only rundown house on the road. Can't miss it.

Is that the house with the 2 Gas pumps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 HuniFuni

I'd be interested! Sounds cool. My bf doesn't believe in ghosts/paranormal etc. He's still interested in coming for the experience. Would that be okay OP?

What bout the Bayview house on the corner across from the Eye Cinema?

What bout the Bayview house on the corner across from the Eye Cinema?

Thats occupied now aint it? The one at the Roundabout? If thats the one then yes there are people living there, I heard it was "supposedly" haunted but that it was just word of mouth by bored people.

Steyr wrote:
    Thats occupied now aint it? The one at the Roundabout? If thats the one then yes there are people living there, I heard it was "supposedly" haunted but that it was just word of mouth by bored people.

Yeah, its a B'n'B now.. i've never actually seen anyone staying there though. But their dog did bark like crazy at me once.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'd love to go hunting ghosts, I have a recipe for a roast ghost with leprechaun salad and it's nigh on impossible to find ghost in any of the supermarkets.

What happens at these ghost hunting things anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Ya the house across from the Eye Cinema was built on a famine grave and is thought to be haunted ...gives me the hebegeebees anytime I walk past it ...

There is nothing in that house its all hear say.

Just to let you know...

There's an upcoming investigation at Charleville Castle in Tullamore if anyone is interested! Its going to be in May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭feelio

Hi ss, very impressive photo there.When did you capture this little girl?Are you doing any other invesigations before you go to Edinurgh?

Feelio

Just to let you know...

There's an upcoming investigation at Charleville Castle in Tullamore if anyone is interested! Its going to be in May.

Hi Ss, when do you plan to have this investigation?I would like to join the investigaion as I have done one before in Plas Teg in Wales.I am a busy person workwise & It would be interesting to do this investigation.What equipment do you use other than camera's, video camera's?Would many people attend the investigation?

Regards

Feelio;)

Hi Ss, any update with the Charville Castle Investigation in May?

Feelio

I've just to get on to the trustee on Monday, they've had their hands full cause there's a big masque ball (glimmerball) happening there tonight.

feelio wrote:
    What equipment do you use other than camera's, video camera's?Would many people attend the investigation?

Well, the scientic approach depends on scientific investigators that come with us. Phantom P.I from the UK will be doing this one with us they usually have things like Thermal Imaging Cams, Motion sensors, E.M.F Meters, laser thermometers. We use....our Medium, our own senses......digital camera's, manual 35mm camera's, pendulums, dowsing rods, Mirror Scrying, Glass tipping. Sarah and myself are buying fully loaded kits soon, so we will have our own scientific equipment (and having some training on the useage.)

When we arrange it, we hope this time to get everyone together at around 5pm so we can be more flexible.

Did anyone see the feature about us in Galway First last week on page 15??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Can I come too?

It's full now, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Did anyone see the feature about us in Galway First last week on page 15??
    Was it entitled "Biggest load of bollocks '07" ?

• Advertisement

Steyr wrote:

There's a couple of scared builders that would disagree with you. They had to bring someone specially in to exorcise the place. God knows what they did, but the house ain't attacking people no more.

Advertisement