Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Passat - comfortline vs non-comfortline

Options
  • 12-04-2007 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me the difference between a comfortline and a Passat that is not a comfortline - one lad was telling me that there's different kinda material in the seats, and something about chrome around the windows. Looking to buy a '02 Passat and driving comfort is top of my list so would it be adviseable to go for a comfortline, or is there really any difference? Sounds more like some kinda marketing ploy to me.

And how would I know the difference between a comfortline and a non-comfortline if some chancer was trying to sell me something that he says was comfortline?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Google Passat Comfortline for the full spec. I just did but I'll not repeat it all here.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Can anyone tell me the difference between a comfortline and a Passat that is not a comfortline - one lad was telling me that there's different kinda material in the seats, and something about chrome around the windows. Looking to buy a '02 Passat and driving comfort is top of my list so would it be adviseable to go for a comfortline, or is there really any difference? Sounds more like some kinda marketing ploy to me.

And how would I know the difference between a comfortline and a non-comfortline if some chancer was trying to sell me something that he says was comfortline?

Non Comfortline is called the Baseline model which is the basic trim model in the Passat range. Very basic indeed. It has electric front windows, electric mirrors, remote central locking and a cd player.

Comfortline is the next trim model up. It is easily recognised by the chrome surroundings on the exterior of the door frames and windows. It also has electric rear windows, velour seats, front & rear seat arm rest and fake wood inserts in the dash board.

There is also the rare Highline model which adds chrome inserts in the front and rear bumpers and leather seats.

The Comfortline cost about €1,500 more than the Baseline when the Passat was new but second hand they are fetching very little more these days. Go for the Comfortline as it is better equipped and alot easier to sell on afterwards. Try and go for a 2003 model onwards as this had climatronic air conditioning as standard.

Also be aware that there are alot of UK imports around, they have different trim levels to Irish models and the spec on them can be confusing. They come in S, SE and Sport trim which usually are better equipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

bazz26 wrote:
    The Comfortline cost about €1,500 more than the Baseline when the Passat was new but second hand they are fetching very little more these days.
    Most of the Comfortlines I see are grey imports. They are usually suspiciously reasonably priced. I'd never buy a UK import in Ireland. If I was to buy an import I would go over myself. All you're paying for when you buy them here is the haircut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭defenstration

I see a "Trendline" advertised on carzone now as well. Anyone have any idea how that compares to a Highline or Comfortline?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭martin1016

I know of trendline on the older Passats 96 on, sports seats, dark fabric, carbon look inetrior trim, just a bit sportier really. Not sure what happened on the 01+ models

• Advertisement

ballooba wrote:
    Most of the Comfortlines I see are grey imports. They are usually suspiciously reasonably priced. I'd never buy a UK import in Ireland. If I was to buy an import I would go over myself. All you're paying for when you buy them here is the haircut.

The UK Passat didn't come in Comfortline spec. The closest UK spec would have been the SE model. UK models didn't get that horrible fake wood on the dash either.

I see a "Trendline" advertised on carzone now as well. Anyone have any idea how that compares to a Highline or Comfortline?

The Trendline is fairly rare in Ireland. It sits in between the Comfortline and Highline models. The Trendline didn't have the Comfortline's velour seats and it had a silver finish in the dashboard instead of the Comfortline's fake wood effect.

The Trendline was dropped in around 2004.

Advertisement