Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motor insurance and sexual discrimination

Options
  • 12-04-2007 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

Has there been a thread about this before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,766 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

no.

none on fog lights either.

or speeding.

Anyway - us men are al boy racing idiot drivers...we deserve to be screwed over by the insurance companies - guilty til proven otherwise, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

That reminds me I need to get a new ECU mapping for my engine so that I can get a few more hp out of it so that I can go even faster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Has there been a thread about this before?

What is "sexual discrimination" Ted, is it the same thing as gender discrimination, or is it where insurance companies discriminate against you if you have sex or what is it Ted?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

This has been posted here before, but anyway

Insurance Renewal

• Registered Users Posts: 45,766 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

ninty9er wrote:
    This has been posted here before, but anyway

Insurance Renewal
    :D:D:D

QUALITY!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,985 ✭✭✭✭Stark

$303 a month for a 24 year old driver who I assume has a full licence??? Wow, and I thought we were being screwed in Ireland. He's got a point about "statistical significance" bull**** though. I mean 90% of criminals are bread users after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

Darragh29 wrote:
    What is "sexual discrimination" Ted, is it the same thing as gender discrimination, or is it where insurance companies discriminate against you if you have sex or what is it Ted?

Is this supposed to be funny?

Sexual discrimination is the legal term, 'gender discrimination' is the PC bullsh*t version.

Clown.

Aaaaanyway let's pretend that didn't happen - there was a draft EU directive on the matter back in 03 I think. The gist of it was that it was while it could be agreed that to charge a person more because they happened to be born a male (irrespective of their driving ability) was not acceptable, the impact of introducing unisex motor premiums would have a negative effect....the premiums for women would rise, premiums for men would fall....therefore more young males on road and more accidents....

Has there been any progress with this policy though, does anyone know?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

goodnight

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement