Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The toll bridge?

Options
  • 12-04-2007 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Is there a speed camera just after the toll bridge heading towards the N7 direction???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Yes.

Were you nabbed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

Sh1t i think i was, i was late heading down to kildare lasnight and it was like a flash happend just as i approached passing the turn off heading down towards the N7! Ah ****e i guess il just have to wait and see now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

Its there just south of the toll bridge just at the end of the bridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Sarah** wrote:
    Sh1t i think i was, i was late heading down to kildare lasnight and it was like a flash happend just as i approached passing the turn off heading down towards the N7! Ah ****e i guess il just have to wait and see now!!

Hmmm.

Are you confusing the N7 with the N4 ?

The N4 is the first exit after the toll booth as you head South, and the speed camera is located just before that. The N7 is the exit for the Red Cow Roundabout, and there isn't one there.

At least I don't think there is :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Wonder if it's recording?They all don't.You might be lucky........

Sorry for the confusion! I was passing the first exit after the toll bridge heading south when i got a flash, maybe it was car lights heading up the exit but im pretty sure it was a camera.....Darn it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Moanin wrote:
    Wonder if it's recording?They all don't.You might be lucky........
    Hopefully it was working and she learns a lesson: not to be speeding.

Eh cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Sarah** wrote:
    Is there a speed camera just after the toll bridge heading towards the N7 direction???

Yup afraid so :(

• Advertisement

Sorry but i can quite confidently say that everyone breaks the speed limit at least once, some are just more lucky then others and dont get caught! So Srameen im sure you have broken it at least once so keep your judging to yourself thanks! I was just asking is there a camera there or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,985 ✭✭✭✭Stark

She might have only be speeding in the most pedantic of sense. The speed limit on the motorway is 120kph but it's 50kph in the area around the toll bridge. If you pick up speed too quickly after leaving the toll bridge, you could get nabbed, which is quite unfair imo. It would be like putting a speed camera on a sliproad joining the motorway in order to catch everyone who builds up merge speed too quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Sarah** wrote:
    Eh cheers!
    Ye're very welcome. Is the lesson learned?:p

No I think it is unfair when the limit is 120 on the motorway but in the run up to it its 50?! I mean come on, when your approaching the motorway there is merging traffic coming from your left so you gain speed entering the right lane to allow there entrance. So why is there a camera there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Golferx

Sarah** wrote:
    No I think it is unfair when the limit is 120 on the motorway but in the run up to it its 50?! I mean come on, when your approaching the motorway there is merging traffic coming from your left so you gain speed entering the right lane to allow there entrance. So why is there a camera there?

Don't mind that idiot. There's always some pompous git ready to laugh at others' misfortunes. To get caught by one of those things is unlucky, not dangerous.

Sound like you were caught allright. Har luck.

You can take some comfort that you were not driving at a dangerous speed. What you did was pass a revenue generator, so you can be glad that you contributed to our wonderful, pothole free, second-to-none roads..

Hey, wait a minute :confused:

Sh1t, but at leats i know for future reference there is one there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Stimpyone

The speed limit there is 60 and the speed camera lines are hidden in the yellow junction box just before the N4 slip road which I think is not covered by the camera ( the slip road that is ). I've been too chicken to test that theory though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

Stark wrote:
    She might have only be speeding in the most pedantic of sense. The speed limit on the motorway is 120kph but it's 50kph in the area around the toll bridge. If you pick up speed too quickly after leaving the toll bridge, you could get nabbed, which is quite unfair imo. It would be like putting a speed camera on a sliproad joining the motorway in order to catch everyone who builds up merge speed too quickly.

Sorry .. she was flashed in a 60kph zone, which is a temp speed limit due to the on going road works on the motorway. The temp speed limit has been in place for months now, and the authorities even had the grace to stick a big electric sign up for the last few weeks warning that static cameras were operational from the 2nd April to enforce the 60kph limit.

the limit is obviously in place as the road surface is very uneaven, no shoulders on either side, bad road markings and the presence of work men and machinery.

I can't see how anyone could be annoyed at getting caught at that camera. I acknowledge the OP wasn't looking for sympathy just making sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,985 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The only effect those cameras will have on me is to push me onto the backroads around Lucan/Clonsilla.
    whippet wrote:

Hmm, I thought they had cameras pointed at the 50kph section near the toll booth now as well. I'm just going on second hand evidence as I haven't been on that section of the M50 in ages.

• Advertisement

whippet wrote:

I can't see how anyone could be annoyed at getting caught at that camera. I acknowledge the OP wasn't looking for sympathy just making sure.

nope not looking for ympathy was merely asking was there a camera there! And yes i saw the 60 signs but didnt know there was a camera there. now i do and for future reference i know there is a camera there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

From the picture above it looks like you can fly up the exit road and not get caught speeding? I don't see any white lines on the exit road.

Lucky me, thats the exit road I take but then again I never break the speed limit. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Golferx

There is a completely legitimate way to avoid any any penalties from such speed cameras.

I have it and I ain't telling!

Pleasseeeee stop referring to them as speed cameras,

They are called Revenue Collection Boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Golferx wrote:
    There is a completely legitimate way to avoid any any penalties from such speed cameras.

I have it and I ain't telling!

I know I know,

Buy a Stealth car....or buy KITT and Turbo Boost the cameras..or go so fast that the camera can't get you....

Do I get a prize?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Thank Jebus for that pic showing the white lines on the motorway and not the slip road. I was sure I got flashed last Monday week when I was going up the Lucan slip road. And for the self righteous out there, I was doing about 65 - 70 kph which I thought was legit on this portion of the road (and as I usually avoid the M50 at all costs, I wasn't waare they had introduced the REVENUE COLLECTION BOX / GARDAI PROVING THEY ARE ENFORCING THE ROAD TRAFFIC ACTS. When I stopped at the lights at the top of the off ramp, the camera was flashing away like a paparazzi who just caught Bertie in bed with Enda Kenny.

Hopefully, the thing was empty and was just being used to scare people into slowing down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭ismynametoolong

This camera is most deffo a revenue Box ! I was sitting in traffic north bound the other night and watching that camera it was like a disco light it was flashing so many times .All the cars caught were simply travelling with the flow of traffic and certainly did not deserve to be trapped . This camera has nothing to do with road safety and all to do with revenue collection !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

A Garda source tells me that that Gatso can take 800 photos and they expect to be changing the roll at least once a week initially...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭ismynametoolong

And this wait until speed cameras are privatised !!!

Advertisement