Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The toll bridge?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

along the same lines, how long does it take to get nailed by the summons after your caught? nearly sure i got caught 3weeks ago, passed a school bus who was in the hard shoulder for ages, still waited til there was nothing approaching other side of road. passed the bus as it was irritating me o be behind it as he would neither pull in or pull out. when i passed him low and behold a lady of the law was STANDING on the side of the road with a speed camera....grrrrrrrrrrr!!!the school bus driving in the hard shoulder for so far had perfectly sheilded her :( was defiently a set up!!! :) oh well!!! live and learn!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

gucci wrote:
    along the same lines, how long does it take to get nailed by the summons after your caught? nearly sure i got caught 3weeks ago, passed a school bus who was in the hard shoulder for ages, still waited til there was nothing approaching other side of road. passed the bus as it was irritating me o be behind it as he would neither pull in or pull out. when i passed him low and behold a lady of the law was STANDING on the side of the road with a speed camera....grrrrrrrrrrr!!!the school bus driving in the hard shoulder for so far had perfectly sheilded her :( was defiently a set up!!! :) oh well!!! live and learn!!

If it was a garda with a handheld unit, im nearly sure you have to be pulled over by them to be fined. Secondly, you dont get a summons, you get a fine. Not paying the fine results in a summons.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,985 ✭✭✭✭Stark

She was probably hit and killed by the bus anyway ;)

It should be interesting to see what the next snapshot of numbers of drivers with penalty points looks like. Maybe I'll get a "doesn't drive on the M50" discount on my insurance next year :p

Stark wrote:
    She was probably hit and killed by the bus anyway ;)

perhaps....hopefully!!!
    was a hand-held unit, not the hair dryer type though, does a speed camera HAVE to be mounted on a tri-pod or in a car?? i was figuring that about having to be pulled over but seen as she was standing on the road i dont think she would have much chance flagging me down waving her hat in my rear view mirroe.

Well I was driving down the Blanchardstown bypass towards the roundabout before and there were two gardaí standing on one of the bridges over the carriageway. One was holding a handheld unit that was flashing, the other had a radar gun and was jotting down notes in a notebook. So I assume they were just handing out fines/points in the post like a mobile van would do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MAYPOP

This camera is most deffo a revenue Box ! I was sitting in traffic north bound the other night and watching that camera it was like a disco light it was flashing so many times .All the cars caught were simply travelling with the flow of traffic and certainly did not deserve to be trapped . This camera has nothing to do with road safety and all to do with revenue collection !!!

It has everything to do with the safety of the construction workers on the M50 upgrade. It isn't that hard to stick to 60 or under for a few miles :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,766 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i had a good laugh this morning.

Was driving at about 58 in the 60 zone, in the left lane.the person behind me was right up the arse of my car. there was a gap to the right, so the accelerated into it to overtake me - right at the road markings......FLASH! what made it great was the fact the cars ahead in the right hand lane were doing 60 themselves, so they weren' really gaining anything!

Purrrr

Yeah it's nice to see gob****es get nabbed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Tauren wrote:
    i had a good laugh this morning.

Was driving at about 58 in the 60 zone, in the left lane.the person behind me was right up the arse of my car. there was a gap to the right, so the accelerated into it to overtake me - right at the road markings......FLASH! what made it great was the fact the cars ahead in the right hand lane were doing 60 themselves, so they weren' really gaining anything!
    Love it!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Golferx wrote:
    There is a completely legitimate way to avoid any any penalties from such speed cameras.

I have it and I ain't telling!
    Yeah, we know already Genius, stay under the limit!

• Advertisement

Stark wrote:
    Well I was driving down the Blanchardstown bypass towards the roundabout before and there were two gardaí standing on one of the bridges over the carriageway. One was holding a handheld unit that was flashing, the other had a radar gun and was jotting down notes in a notebook. So I assume they were just handing out fines/points in the post like a mobile van would do.
    to be honest i couldnt say if the implement she was holding flashed or not it was so late when i seen her,im praying in a way that because i was passing out the bus that is somehow sheilded me. should have done the bus for doing that half arsed driving "almost" in the hard shoulder....at 55mph, come on dude drive in the regular lane, not like my old school bus driver,he wouldnt mind holding up 20miles of traffic

Advertisement