Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Beatles on ITunes?

Options
  • 12-04-2007 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/article1642777.ece

"Music industry experts predict that Beatles tracks would immediately climb to the top of the download charts and remain a dominant force for years."

Is it just me, or is this the biggest load of hokum you've ever read...Surely to jesus with the fact that the Fabs have *never* been on iTunes etc before and that people - if they wanted to listen to, say, Revolver on their mp3 player - had to rip the original disc (without any DRM, natch!) there can't be THAT many people out there who really want the beatles on their portable player but don't...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I'd imagine you would be surprised how many would download just because it was there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'm ashamed to say that I once bought an MP3 of a tune even though I had the CD at home (wouldn't be home til the next day and couldn't be arsed hunting it down and ripping it) and really wanted to listen to it that day :o

I assume that if enough people do this even once, there probably is a market for it.

Advertisement