Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TomTom Plus

• 12-04-2007 3:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭

I just connect to my TomTom one to my mobile phone using bluetooth. I was just messing around to see what the different tomtom functions are like. I have a few questions if anyone can answer I would be grateful.

I clicked on the traffic info but I didnt really know what was going on- does this work in Ireland?

How much does it cost from say an eircom phone when the tomtom connects to it?

And is there anyway of ending the bluetooth session without having to turn off the tomtom or the phone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭cobijones

Bit of a bump! - I was just wondering if anyone can tell the advantages or functions when you connect your TomTom to your mobile phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

I was looking at the TomTom website the other day and I'm pretty sure that the traffic function does not work in Ireland. I dont know if you bcan do anything else with your phone.

Thanks for the reply - thats the impression I got aswell. Do you know the cost involved in making the connection to your phone?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

you can use TomTom Buddies , with this you can send your location or the location of say a speed trap directly to their unit .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭MickH503

cobijones wrote:
    Thanks for the reply - thats the impression I got aswell. Do you know the cost involved in making the connection to your phone?
    To check the weather, it only costs about 2 cents on Meteor. Try holding down the red/hangup button on your phone for a few seconds to break the GPRS connection - that works on my 6233 anyway.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info lads, I suppose it will be good when the traffic info is availbale. Might try out the weather feature.

Advertisement