Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal playing in Croker on Sunday!

• 12-04-2007 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

Anybody heading to Croker on Sunday to see Donegal -v- Kildare in League Semi final??

Only shame is that there are no tickets on sale for Hill 16 :confused:

We should win no bother!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

We should win but bitter experience tells us not to be counting the chickens. Remember what happened when we played Kildare in the qualifiers in 2001. We totally blew it.
    I can't make it on Sunday as I will be at a wedding on Saturday in Ballyliffin and won't be in any fit state to contemplate a drive to Dublin the next day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

smashey wrote:
    I can't make it on Sunday as I will be at a wedding on Saturday in Ballyliffin and won't be in any fit state to contemplate a drive to Dublin the next day.
    Take the pledge then. :D

Fair weather supporters pffft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭MikeTheMan

muffler wrote:
    Take the pledge then. :D

Fair weather supporters pffft

LOL!!! There are buses going from Letterkenny and Donegal Town I heard. Hangover is no excuse, get out there and support the lads!

I pledge allegiance to Heineken and hangover permitting, Donegal. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Hope to see loads of Donegal folk up for the final next weekend (as I advised here before the Portobello is no longer a "Donegal" bar, Cassidys on Camden Street is the main place now for Donegal people) looks like a long weekend on the high stool and hopefuly a Donegal victory!!!!!!!
    BTW the game is at 4pm on Sunday.

• Advertisement

Yeah, good win last Sunday alright....was in the Lower Hogan, no idea why Hill 16 tickets are not available... Anyway, I think we should overcome Mayo - they were no great shakes against Galway..... really hope to see as much green and yellow in Croker as possible on Sunday and help the Tir Chonaill men bring back some much needed silverware to the North West!!
    Yeah- i think there will be a lot of lushing done in the Dublin bars this weekend!! :D

COME ON THE BOYS!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Siamsa

at croker? We are driving to Croke park for the first time,usually bus it but with 2 young kids 7 & 5 we don't think it would be advisable to bring them on the bus with all the colourful language and pee stops etc.. ;) so does anyone know where is the easiest place to find to park thats not too far from croker?

HI Siamsa,

I would advise you to check out the following link http://www.crokepark.ie/files/croke_park_map.pdf

This lists all the parking available close to Croke Park as well as the bus routes.

A lot of the roads around Croke Park on Sunday will be out of bounds, so on-street parking near the stadium will be limited. Your best bet would be to park in one of the carparks in the city centre and then walk out Dorset Street to the stadium itself, if the weather is good. You could either halt a taxi, it wont cost you that much.

Enjoy the match too and hope this helps. UP CONVOY!! :-)
    Cheers,
    MTM

Where's Convoy? :D

Thanks for that MTM, Wouldn't it be great now if they win it?? I'd be so delighted for the team they have worked so hard to get this far it'd be nice to come home with something! All hold our breath now for news of Kevin cassidys ban and Brendan Devenney and the other injured lads it would be a good start to have the whole team available. COME ON DONEGAL:D :D
    PS now now Muffler we can't all be from the twin towns!!:p

• Advertisement

Siamsa wrote:
    PS now now Muffler we can't all be from the twin towns!!:p
    Christ, not another stalker :D

muffler wrote:
    Christ, not another stalker :D
    Every step you take, every move you make.......:D

Siamsa wrote:
    Every step you take, every move you make.......:D
    Must get the police so :D

Just got my tickets for Sunday. Woooooohoooooooo.

smashey wrote:
    Just got my tickets for Sunday. Woooooohoooooooo.
    Hope you're not going

muffler wrote:
    Hope you're not going

No. I'm going to watch it on TV and whenever I see the empty seats i'll be thinking to myself that some poor eejit could have those seats if only they had tickets. The tickets I will be brandishing. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

was at the game last sunday....was surpised at the lack of crowd considering the people (esp. donegal folk) that were on the streets outside. All in all they played well, and mayo were lucky against galway.
    it bodes well on sunday. But i'll be in london this weekend so no croker for me.

Make sure you park legally as the clampers have a field day when matches are on in Croke Park involving teams from down the country!
    Any numbers of how many are travelling down? Waiting for my tickets to come down from Cill Chartha tomorrow with a mate, hoping for a win as it is so long since we ran onto Croke Park after winning something, Dun Na nGall ABU.

Convoy? Is that the term for the row of vehicles travelling down here over the weekend;) ?

Aye Carrickman, there is a convoy of supporters departing from Convoy on Sunday morning!! :-P

It was unfortunate that we gave away that penalty last Sunday, otheriwse we would have been 5 points clear at the final whistle. But all in all, was a grand display so it was. I think we should have no problem now on Sunday against Mayo, they were no great shakes against Galway, plus we already beat them in the League this year too. As Kevin Cassidy said, we need some Silverware back in the North West, even if it is an eggcup.... ha ha....classic!!

Tir Chonaill abu!

M

Well Done to Donegal on winning the NFL League yesterday in Croker!!

Lets hope we can keep the momentum going for the 1st round Championship match against Armagh on 27 May!

• Advertisement

^^ here here

What a day and what a night still recovering!! Well done Donegal!

Carrickman wrote:
    What a day and what a night still recovering!! Well done Donegal!

LOL - was in bits meself too....!! I'd say half the county was in the same boat! :D

Video Here taken from Cusack Stand of the cup presentation coverage a bit shackey but you can hear the speech, I diden't take this by the way too busy dancing and hugging!!

I just want to add my congrats to the Donegal team they did us proud and gave my two wee boys a day to remember, I have to say I shed a tear I was so happy lets hope we will all be there again in Sept to bring Sam home!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

out of interest, i went to look at the odds for sam this year, and must say i was surprised to hear they are still only 5th favourites at 10/1. Mayo were a better price than them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Well done Donegal. Great to see ye doing so well. Good to have something to celebrate. Perhaps team could do a spot of mentoring for the rest of us soon?

Advertisement