Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Madrid Coach

• 12-04-2007 4:45pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Link

Dont know much about him.

Does this mean Jose will be sticking around?

He could do a swap with Inter but I'd rather keep Roberto who I reckon would only leave for the Chelsea job.

Edit: I like the bit about Rafa at the end

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

kearnsr wrote:
    Link

Dont know much about him.

Does this mean Jose will be sticking around?

He could do a swap with Inter but I'd rather keep Roberto who I reckon would only leave for the Chelsea job.

Edit: I like the bit about Rafa at the end

nah Moaninho will still more than likely leave in the summer. I'd imagine Chelsea would hire someone like Frank Rijkaard who has proven they can win things while playing attractive football. I think the reason Ambramovich is only considering getting rid of Mourinho is because his style of football too ugly to fit in with his ambitions to have Chelsea become the largest club in the world, and limits Chelsea's marketing power.

Inter would be a bit nuts to let go of Mancini, but then again rationality isn't very strong in football. It's probably mourinho's most likely destination (although i wouldn't rule out the possibility that Schuster is Madrids back up plan if they fail to land Mourinho).

dunno anything about Schusters style of management myself, but i hear he's quite an outspoken character. can anyone ever see a manager with a strong personality fitting in at Madrid? i don't think so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Schuster is a fine coach.
    I've always thought he was a shrewd manager and his teams play good football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

well with Capello gone then Chelsea may just take him. Deschamps wont get bumped out of his job at Juve anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Inter dont want to get rid of Mancini but it seems he is stalling in signing a new contract.

Who knows how it will go. Only the summer will tell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

The way it's going, I wonder where Mourinho will go, if he leaves.

Real Madrid are taken.
    Milan are set
    Inter Milan want to keep Mancini
    United are set
    Barca?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

I remember him mentioning Bayern Munich before as a club he much admired.

I could see him giving that a go for 2/3 years should the current coach ever get the sack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

PHB wrote:
    Inter Milan want to keep Mancini
    They'd happily let Mancini go to get Mourinho. Rightfully so in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

PHB wrote:
    The way it's going, I wonder where Mourinho will go, if he leaves.

Barca?

Nah, Barca hate him.

I'd imagine he would bide his time, waiting for the best position.

He might take the England job once McLearn gets the bullet! Jesus, that would be savage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Ah sure give him the Irish JOb:p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

They'd happily let Mancini go to get Mourinho. Rightfully so in my opinion.
    I dunno I think Mancini will be a great manager (not that he isnt all ready) in the long term.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Signs pointing to Mourinho staying at Chelsea now. He has already been quoted as saying he want to get Crespo back for next season etc. so unless this is some intricate cover up, I reckon he won't be going anywhere.

besty wrote:
    Signs pointing to Mourinho staying at Chelsea now. He has already been quoted as saying he want to get Crespo back for next season etc. so unless this is some intricate cover up, I reckon he won't be going anywhere.

I think Inter have Crapso for another year then his contract with Chelsea is over in which case he intends to go home. He is a class player and inter need him with the lack of quality we have upfront.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Anam

kearnsr wrote:
    I think Inter have Crapso for another year then his contract with Chelsea is over in which case he intends to go home. He is a class player and inter need him with the lack of quality we have upfront.
    Pretty sure they can take him back if they want.And with Drogba and Kalou missing due to the African cup of nations,he's a great option.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

There is a serious chance that Carlo could be given the boot my milan this summer if he doesn't win the CL.

If he goes It will mean the man coming in does a slot of cleaning up.

Could see Seedorf, Cafu, Serginho, Inzaghi and ambrosini going out the door behind him...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

From goal.com

Schuster:

Mourinho Is Favourite For Madrid Job Bernd Schuster has said that José Mourinho is set to take over at Real Madrid after denying reports that he had signed a pre-contract agreement to move in the summer.
    Schuster: Mourinho Is Favourite For Madrid Job

With Mourinho rumoured to be leaving Chelsea in the summer, Schuster added more fuel to the fire by revelaing that he believes the Portuguese is the strong favourite.

"He (Mourinho) will win the final battle for the job of coach at Real Madrid for next season and there is a strong chance that he will do it," Schuster stated.

The Getafe trainer was reported to have agreed to become los Merengues' coach on July 1 by a German Sports Agency, DPA, but he dismissed the story out of hand.

"Everything is still the same," he continued. "Of course I do not have a pre-contract with Real Madrid, that is obvious.

"I do not understand how a sports agency in Germany can know more than we do here.

"I just cannot explain it. As to me having signed some kind of contract, the people here would be the first to know and not some agency in Germany. It is complete rubbish."

Reports in Spain suggested that Schuster had been advising Madrid on the players that he would like them to target and that Cristiano Ronaldo was top of the list.

When asked at the press conference on Friday morning about the news that the forward had signed a new deal with Manchester United, Schuster was not interested.

"I do not have any opinion on that because it does not concern me at all," he explained.

Mourinho's agent, Jorge Mendes, was reported in Spanish sports daily AS to have informed Madrid that the coach would be prepared to take the reins in the summer at the Bernabéu.

Advertisement