Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics

Options
  • 12-04-2007 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Do you think id get away with just studying mechanics, heat, nuclear - including option, and all the mandatory experiments? Anyone else planning to take a risk like this - electricity is a fu ken nightmare tried studying it today - its too easy to confuse different things.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Deadevil129

Depends on what you're looking for. If you want an A1 then no, you can't gamble like that. On the other hand if you'ld be thrilled skinny with a C3 you can afford to leave a couple of things out; As in if you hate electricity, than drop it entirely and put all your work into the other sections. You didn't say you'ld be studying either light or sound, both of those sections kinda go hand in hand and they're usually not too tricky to get your head around. In fact I found them an awful lot more agreeable than the atomic physics and option. If I were you I'd be more inclined to drop the atomic physics and option and take up light and sound instead, there's much more in them hence, you're much more likely to get a solid question on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

There is no way you can get away with dropping the atomic physics and particle physics options. These usually each have a question on the paper(i.e two questions). And considering that the photoelectric effect can also come up you might eb losing two and a half questions. But that doesn't mean it is advisable to drop electricity altogether. Where exactly are you having problems?Although most people avoid that section in the exam it can be quite easy. e.g if electrostatics come up. If I were you instead of dropping altogether make it more compact i.e coloumbs law, electric field intensity, and then the formulae for resistors in parralel and in series. If that comes up you will be laughing!!!

Advertisement