Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayweather/De La Hoya - Channels?

• 12-04-2007 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

Does anybody know what other TV Channels except for Sky Sports that this fight will be on? ESPN by any chance?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭Big Ears

It's on HBO PPV in the United States and it's being shown in Germany aswell , I think by RTL but I can't be sure about that .

If you're looking for other 'channels' give us a pm and I can point you in the right direction .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Also if anyone knows, will the fight be on Sky Box Office, or just Sky Sports.
    I had myself convinced the fight was on the 15th of April, booked Monday just gone off from work and everything got a few cans sat up till 2am, only then did I think of rechecking the date, p1ssed me off no end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭henryb

Its live on sky sports 1 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

henryb wrote:
    Its live on sky sports 1 ;)

Are you sure? Dont know whether to be delighted or slightly worried by that. Its great we dont have to pay but has interest in boxing slipped so much that a fight of this magnitude doesnt even make PPV when Wrestlemania does?

I pity the yanks though who have to pay $50 for these fights though:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

If i was you i'd go down the shop and buy myself a big bundle of kop on.
    This is going to be the highest grossing fight of all time-do you think us irish are so privileged that we'll get it for free? its ppv :o

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

cowzerp wrote:

No problem cowzerp and while I'm down there I'll get you a big bundle of Humilty!

cowzerp wrote:
    This is going to be the highest grossing fight of all time-do you think us irish are so privileged that we'll get it for free? its ppv :o

DeLaHoya's comeback against Mayorga was massive and it was free. Sky didnt even bother showing Mayweather-Juda. The only fight that has been on BO for years is the Hatton fights and that is becuase of British interest. Sky show all the big US HBO PPV fights for free! So us Irish have clearly been privaledged in the past;)

I know this is a huge fight but I have not yet one person talk about it. My mate who has a passing interest in boxing and watches the Hatton fights would have no idea this fight is on.

cowzerp wrote:

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,0-1011462,00.html

cowzerp wrote:

It's definetly not ppv(guarenteed) and if it does somehow magically end up being that , i'll request my user name be changed to 'I am an idiot' .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

its live on sky sports at 2am,check out the preview shows in the run up,they look pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Guys, any definite on this fight as regards PPV or just normal Sky sports.
    I'm hearing it's PPV and just because you have the sports channels does not mean you automaticaly se the fight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Its definitely on Sky Sports at 2 am.Its been on newstalk and on a couple of boxing sites.Cant f'n wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

If im wrong i apologise, but i'd rather get the fight free and look stupid so im happy it is on sky-everyone is talking about coming to mine as i was planning on paying the ppv,maybe i should charge an entrance fee-this is boxing at its best-cant wait..FREE!!!! :o

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

walshb wrote:
    Guys, any definite on this fight as regards PPV or just normal Sky sports.
    I'm hearing it's PPV and just because you have the sports channels does not mean you automaticaly se the fight

You're probably hearing it's ppv cause it is in the States(like all noteworthy fights) , however it is definitely as raven136 said on Sky Sports at 2am .

Advertisement