Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saint Patricks transfers and general rumours thread

• 12-04-2007 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

St Patrick’s Athletic FC is delighted to announce a new sponsorship agreement with Paddy Power, Ireland’s biggest bookmaker. This three year deal will see the Paddy Power logo appear on the famous shirts worn by St Patrick’s Athletic to the end of the 2009 season

http://www.stpatsfc.com/news.php?id=1503

Excellent for the club and as we get the biggest deal ever in league of ireland (2nd time we did that), not liking the jersey tho :(

http://www.stpatsfc.com/images/large/paddypower.jpg

Also signed Paul Murphy off Man City today.

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

god that disgusting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Jersey looks rank, but thats the least important aspect of the deal me thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

KdjaCL wrote:
    http://www.stpatsfc.com/news.php?id=1503

Excellent for the club and as we get the biggest deal ever in league of ireland (2nd time we did that)
    kdjac
    How much? The article doesn't say...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

I think Im going to get sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

450k for the 3 years.

Im ordered both home and aways without the logo better get them before Umbro start making these.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

What is it with betting firms and logos, they are all horrendous. You just have to look at all the ones on English club jersies at the minute, they look like sick jokes. Theres teams plauing with big multicoloured discs on their chests.

http://www.chatsoccer.eu/images/barrybrendan.jpg

Like all jersies you get used to them, odd they got the 2 keepers to model the outfield jersey :confused:

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

KdjaCL wrote:
    http://www.chatsoccer.eu/images/barrybrendan.jpg

Like all jersies you get used to them, odd they got the 2 keepers to model the outfield jersey :confused:

kdjac

I am just amazed they could find anyone willing to wear that yoke.

I am just amazed they could find anyone willing to wear that yoke.

I bet it sells well :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

KdjaCL wrote:
    I bet it sells well :D
    Jaysis.

• Advertisement

QUOTE=seansouth]Jaysis.[/QUOTE]

sorry :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Sunderland are gonna be sponosored by Boyle Sports as well - http://www.rte.ie/sport/2007/0412/sunderland.html

Posting that here cause it's kinda related.
    Sunderland's Irish connections continue to grow as the club announced Irish bookmakers Boyle Sports as their new shirt sponsors.

Boylesports have agreed a four-year, performance-related partnership with the Black Cats which could eventually amount to an eight-figure sum for the Coca-Cola Championship leaders.

The company, which will also provide betting facilities at the Stadium of Light, replaces motor dealers Reg Vardy after eight years.

Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn said: 'We are absolutely thrilled to be joining forces with Boylesports bookmakers to drive the club forward in the next four years, which we think will be exciting times.

'It is fantastic that Boylesports have taken this leap of faith to support us and made a commitment to invest in our future as we continue our efforts to re-ignite the club.'

Sunderland went top of the table with a 2-1 win at Southampton on Monday and are now hot favourites to return to the top flight at the first attempt.

zabbo wrote:
    Sunderland are gonna be sponosored by Boyle Sports as well - http://www.rte.ie/sport/2007/0412/sunderland.html

Posting that here cause it's kinda related.

LOL how?

Altho good move for Boyles to try break into the UK market but tbh "unless they start accepting large bets thats never going to happen" and they wont break PPs stranglehold on ireland.

Tbh i think Boyles got the better deal there assuming Sundireland go up.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Going from the best jersey in the league(which I bought) to the worst......

Still at least the deal is very good for Pats .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Both are Irish Bookies sponsoring Irish teams =), Boyles is based in Dundalk ;)

They'll be providing betting facilities at the Stadium of Light, and the amount of exposure Sunderland are getting in Ireland can only help with brand recognition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

zabbo wrote:

They'll be providing betting facilities at the Stadium of Light, and the amount of exposure Sunderland are getting in Ireland can only help with brand recognition.

Have you ever tried getting more than a tenner on with Boyles? When you say "betting facilities", I can only imagine. :D

zabbo wrote:
    Sunderland are based in England.

Yeah, but they're still an Irish club. Bit like Celtic you see.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

seansouth wrote:
    Yeah, but they're still an Irish club. Bit like Celtic you see.

Its slowly beginning to go like that :mad:

Sunderland are the second national team now you know :rolleyes:

Kingp35 wrote:
    Its slowly beginning to go like that :mad:
    :confused:

Slowly?

As soon as Saint Niall and the Superheroes TM took over there the plastic paddies jumped on the bandwagon.

The addition of Roy Keane made it a hundred times worse.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

seansouth wrote:
    :confused:

Slowly?

As soon as Saint Niall and the Superheroes TM took over there the plastic paddies jumped on the bandwagon.

The addition of Roy Keane made it a hundred times worse.

Check out the Championship Run-in thread seansouth. I have been having a right rant about Sundireland in that thread.

Kingp35 wrote:
    Check out the Championship Run-in thread seansouth. I have been having a right rant about Sundireland in that thread.
    lol

I'm not getting involved in that trainwreck. :)

Well done though!

Pitch is being relaid to accomadate our flowing braziliant footballl :D

And temp seating has been ordered with a view to having UEFA games in richmond the inchicore end will be dug out and a temp stand put in till planning permission is granted for the mega stadium and academy.

kdjac

Sure why build a temporary stand? The police and FAI will arrive and insist it is closed, forcing away fans to stand 4 deep on flat ground. :rolleyes:

Bateman wrote:
    Sure why build a temporary stand? The police and FAI will arrive and insist it is closed, forcing away fans to stand 4 deep on flat ground. :rolleyes:

Yup im just glad im nearly 6 foot a lot of people couldnt see **** last night, if they had any sense thye would just give the away team with problematic fans the Shed, bohs had over 1500 last night would have all fit in there and been easy to control.

The FAI hate you ,the plans they had for you last night bordered on Guantanemo bay style policing.

Afaik it will be the same for Rovers next. Shame both sets of retard fans had to start being ****ing retarded.

kdjac

It's a pity Pat's have changed their policy. Used to enjoy going there because you could bring a young 'un and get a seat, unlike Drogheda.
    Having a 10-yr-old stand for two hours in one spot is no joke.

It was and it wasn't a shame. The rows vindicated everyone who criticised the setup in the first place. :)

I agreed that something had to be done but allowing the FAI to take control of it kinda made it retarded. I wouldnt shed a tear if some italian style policing was brought into play for both sets of fans last night.

I didnt bring the kids to the game last night as i knew that it would be too packed, wont bring them to the Rovers game either but thats for a different reason.

kdjac

New stand goes in during the break will have 1800 seats it will have a perm base but temp seating until the overall planning is approved.

Making the the ground 3000 all seater for UEFA game.

After the Bohs fiasco last nights crowd arrangements will stand for the Rovers game and any other high security games ie Bohs and ehh Rovers. Worked well last night with plenty of space between fans.

kdjac

• Advertisement

Heard a very strong rumour last night that both Jason Byrne and the beautiful Bobby Ryan are heading for Inchicore in July.

If you lot get Jayo, then you will definitely win the league.

Bobby Ryan is a bit baffling though.

seansouth wrote:
    Heard a very strong rumour last night that both Jason Byrne and the beautiful Bobby Ryan are heading for Inchicore in July.

If you lot get Jayo, then you will definitely win the league.

Bobby Ryan is a bit baffling though.

Heard that other day seemingly wolves take 100k for him. Would he be arsed tho, going away and only staying for 6 months. Barrets injury ruling out Zayed so imagine we gonna get a big striker who can score and hold the ball been found lacking when we forced to hoof it. Dont like Ryan, cant see him in the wingback role at all.

Also some polish lad seemingly signing..hmmmmm.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

KdjaCL wrote:
    Heard that other day seemingly wolves take 100k for him. Would he be arsed tho, going away and only staying for 6 months. Barrets injury ruling out Zayed so imagine we gonna get a big striker who can score and hold the ball been found lacking when we forced to hoof it. Dont like Ryan, cant see him in the wingback role at all.

Also some polish lad seemingly signing..hmmmmm.

kdjac

lol barret was injured long before ya came on here saying zayed was signed and delivered for july because drogs couldnt pay his wages or was it just total bullsh!t, surely if they couldnt pay his wages then ya still cant now:confused:

Advertisement