Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upgrading on eircom broadband

Options
  • 12-04-2007 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

right im on a 1mb connection n i filled out there little form thing for upgrading i wanted to get 2mb need a lil faster connection but anyway they said 5 working days n its been 2weeks now whats the story there like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

What did they say when you rang them up to ask why it was late?

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

i wasnt the one talkin to em on the phone sumthing like there working on it shud have it ina few days why is it takin so long in the 1st place though to upgrade a line

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭dan99989

They may have enacted the increase already. I may be wrong here, but doesn't one need to power cycle (plug out for 30 secs) the modem so a change in speed can take effect?

Once you've done that, then just log into the modem and check what speed are connected at...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

if your line is not good enough, it may not go faster.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

mr.noobie wrote:
    right im on a 1mb connection n i filled out there little form thing for upgrading i wanted to get 2mb need a lil faster connection but anyway they said 5 working days n its been 2weeks now whats the story there like?

What is the point in asking us? Eircom are the only ones who can help you on this:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement