Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

So you reckon you can clean your car pretty well?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

excellent is there anyone in dublin can do that type of work, my poor s class has that type of "brought thru a car wash to many times" look about it. And what does clay bar do?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

darragh smartcarcare.ie email him, only guy in ireland i know of that does detailing as opposed to valeting

will cost tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

tdc wrote:

Same guy!

Also the same guy in this, most ridiculous of detailing jobs (on an Astra):

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=4145

Rumour has it that the owner spent £3,500 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

They did some job on that car. Fair play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Fuppin' hell!
    If only I could afford to spend a fraction of the time he spends on my own car. Ridiculous amount of work to do on a boy racer's Astra though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Thats just insane! I didn't even know people had jobs like this. Some job by him though, fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

milltown wrote:
    Fuppin' hell!
    If only I could afford to spend a fraction of the time he spends on my own car. Ridiculous amount of work to do on a boy racer's Astra though.
    It's a ridiculous amount of work to do on any car destined to be driven. Particularly a Bugatti, it flies in the face of the car's whole reason for existing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Cyrus wrote:
    darragh smartcarcare.ie email him, only guy in ireland i know of that does detailing as opposed to valeting

will cost tho

I bought the same products (Glare) he use's on his cars, I'm going to spend Saturday washing, polishing and waxing. :)

Then get really pissed off as it starts to rain and I get stuck behing a lorry on the M50 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

AntiVirus wrote:
    I bought the same products (Glare) he use's on his cars, I'm going to spend Saturday washing, polishing and waxing. :)

Then get really pissed off as it starts to rain and I get stuck behing a lorry on the M50 :mad:

Oh yeah that really pisses me off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

Wow that is intensive detailing! Sounds like Paul has OCD :D

Hmm...kinda makes me want to clean my car!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

DeBeere wrote:
    Wow that is intensive detailing! Sounds like Paul has OCD :D

Hmm...kinda makes me want to clean my car!

You're missing the point. He cleans other people's cars, so it should make you want to clean mine :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

AntiVirus wrote:

He uses many different products on his customers cars as he did mine with Menzerna and something else (forgotten the name of it). Those products polish out flaws, Glare fills in or at least the spider polish one does. Trust you know how best to apply it.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭sneakyST

Its actually not that hard to detail. I use clay on mine

sneakyST wrote:
    Its actually not that hard to detail. I use clay on mine
    That's a sweeping statement if ever I heard it. Anyone can detail, but to do it properly and get great results is another story altogether. Clay cleans quite well, nothing more. Will do nothing to enhance the colour or high gloss of paint. As for swirl marks that is another story and I know my limitations.

TomMc wrote:
    That's a sweeping statement if ever I heard it. Anyone can detail, but to do it properly and get great results is another story altogether. Clay cleans quite well, nothing more. Will do nothing to enhance the colour or high gloss of paint. As for swirl marks that is another story and I know my limitations.

Well TomMc - I wash my car by hand (avoids getting swirls), clay it, use paint renovator to get the any swirls out, polish, wax, ScratchX for any scratches - buff these- take the wheels off to clean them and IN MY OPINION its not difficult. It just takes time

P.s clay takes contaminants off the car that you cant see so "quite well" is an understatement

Edit - I was in no way trying to put down the work on that Veyron -its a fantastic job- merely pointing out us mortals can have great results too.

TomMc wrote:
    Trust you know how best to apply it.

I'll just follow the instructions. :)

http://www.superiorcarcare.net/auto-detailing-guide.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

AntiVirus wrote:

Cheers! Going to try these myself.

...now I hope the weather doesn't change!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

sneakyST wrote:
    Well TomMc - I wash my car by hand (avoids getting swirls), clay it, use paint renovator to get the any swirls out, polish, wax, ScratchX for any scratches - buff these- take the wheels off to clean them and IN MY OPINION its not difficult. It just takes time

P.s clay takes contaminants off the car that you cant see so "quite well" is an understatement

Edit - I was in no way trying to put down the work on that Veyron -its a fantastic job- merely pointing out us mortals can have great results too.

Sneaky, when you take it to the next level, you'll toss the Meguiar's stuff and paint renovator and get yourself a Porter-Cable polisher.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

£5K Sterling for the job on that Veyron..

I use Zymol products myself - far superior to the likes of AutoGlym with great results IMO. Not too expensive either although not readily available in shops around here :(

Need to pick some Zymol clay and lubricant up - any ideas?

• Advertisement

sneakyST wrote:

I don't induce swirls myself either but when you buy a black car nearly new that someone else has put through the swirl-o-matic, thats another story. Swirl city.

I do not underestimate the ability of clay bars, they are good, just not the best option. Clay only shaves the head off contaminants, it does not remove the lower half, trapped and bonded in the pores. Fallout washes like Finish Kare's below or Auto Int's ABC system is the proper (professional) way to decontaminate.

http://www.fk1usa.com/decontamination.htm

http://www.fk1usa.com/Decontamination/Decontamination%20Brochure.pdf (Have a good read)

http://autoint.com/autostore/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=212

Ernie Ball wrote:
    Sneaky, when you take it to the next level, you'll toss the Meguiar's stuff and paint renovator and get yourself a Porter-Cable polisher.

I think if i tried to take it to the next level the wife would divorce me;)

AntiVirus wrote:
    Anti-Virus, Did not mean that to sound like the way I think you may have taken it up.

Glare is applied differently to most other products. The instructions on the bottle only give a very general description. It is a completely different chemical to whats in normal polishes and waxes so the preparation and application needs to be very exacting. I won't go into details here - you can pm me if you want to hear the inside track.

Don't worry TomMc, I didn't take it the wrong way. :)

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

ciarsd wrote:
    £5K Sterling for the job on that Veyron..

I use Zymol products myself - far superior to the likes of AutoGlym with great results IMO. Not too expensive either although not readily available in shops around here :(

Need to pick some Zymol clay and lubricant up - any ideas?

http://www.johnswax.co.uk

Advertisement