Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kurt Vonnegut Dies

Options
  • 12-04-2007 6:23pm

Writer Kurt Vonnegut, most famoous for his novels "Slaughterhouse-Five" and "Cat's Cradle" passed away this morning.
    Here's a link to the full story.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

So it goes.

I really only starting reading Vonnegut recently. A fresh copy of Sirens of Titan sits on my desk waiting for me to finish my current book.

Awh no. I wonder if Kilgore Trout is dead too?

I loved his books; particularly loved Slaugherhouse Five, found TimeQuake fascinating, and had almost finished Player Piano before I had to return it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

So many inspirational and witty quotes, probably my favourite though:
    I want to stay as close as I can to the edge.
    Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of things you can't see from the center.
    --Kurt Vonnegut, RIP.

Also he did not die this morning, he died yesterday - Wednesday 11th.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

saw this on al jazeera just after I'd finished dinner... gutted

one of the best writers ali...of recent years

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

What a pity. RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I love Slaughterhouse 5. RIP.
    Another person who I would have liked to have met.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Ah RIP Kurt Vonnegut. Loved his work. Bluebeard was my favourite (I think) despite beng very very different from his other books.

Advertisement