Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cat's away

Options
  • 12-04-2007 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭

hi folks
    had a thread here some time ago about my cat and new born baby girl, well 10 months on and its been nothing but fun of the good kind.

The cat approached the baby when she is sitting on her play mat and rolls onto her back for her belly to be rubbed only for my daughter to grab a fist full of hair to which the cat doesnt mind weird!

Also the cat is kinda motherly to her and always around wehn she is playing on her mat and rubs up against her and show no hostilities towards the baby. I think i'm lucky

Anywho the problem I now turn to you for is the fact that we have sold our house but wont be moving into anywhere new for a good while so we are staying at my in-laws,I don't mind, but the wifes mother is insisting on the cat not coming for a few reasons which I can understand.

Now i'm not, no way, get outta here, letting the cat run outside(she was raised only indoors)so the only option is a cattery as we want her to come with us later. the problem as you can imagine is the cost is there anything else out there different or cheaper than the €8 a night cattery we use while we are on hols. PS none of either of our families love cats so as you can guess thats another option out the the way.

can anyone help

gerry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

I wish I could...She sounds lovely. I hope you find someone who could mind her. How long will you be at your in laws?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Jotter

I had same prob when moving with 2 cats, have pmd you the cattery we used in case you have to put them in one!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

where are you based

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

Irish-Lass wrote:
    where are you based
    tallaght

Advertisement