Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best ddr2 for E6420 or E6600+DFI 965-s DARK

Options
  • 12-04-2007 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

im new to intel and looking for help,

ok i am thinking of getting a:
    E6420 or E6600 im not shure on which since there will be hardly no price bettwen them does anyone know if the now "6420" are good overclockers like better then the e6600 and whats the multi on the 6420.

ok im most probly gona go for a dfi 965-s and i was wondering what would the best ram ,i will be overclocking and i dont wana run the ram on divider, what would be the best overclockable ram.is there much of a diffrence with pc6400 and pc 8000.

my max budget for the ram is around 250euros.

i was looking at these:
    Crucial DDR2 BallistiX PC8000
    Crucial DDR2 BallistiX PC6400
    2Gb G.Skill DDR2 PC2-6400
    2Gb G.Skill DDR2 PC2-8000 HZ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

http://www.memory-configurator.com/products/description/2Gb_G_Skill_

Check your price on the PC2-6400 its on offer at €118.00 plus vat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

i wana get some good ram is that u linked me anygood ??

is there anywhere in uk/ireland where i can get the Crucial DDR2 BallistiX PC6400 10 annaversairy additon.

no1 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I feel awkward every time I see this thread. Someone give him some advice or delete his thread so I don't feel so bad... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

awhir wrote:
    i wana get some good ram is that u linked me anygood ??

Its very good and great value i just used it in a build.

2Gb G.Skill DDR2 PC2-6400 CL5 Dual Channel...
    you are here: G.Skill Computer Memory DDR2 2Gb G.Skill DDR2 PC2-6400 CL5 Dual Channel kit (2x1Gb) NQ Series

Ex. Vat €118.00
    Inc. Vat €142.78

2Gb DDR2 800MHz PC2-6400 memory kit from G.Skill. This is G.Skills mainstream 800MHz offering - with cool looking red alu heatspreaders. Rated CL5 (5-5-5-15), and covered by a lifetime warranty. 1.8-2.0V, 240 pins, non-ECC.

Item Number: 10704
    Mfr. PN: F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ
    Shipment Weight: 0.15 kgs (0.33 lbs)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Cassiel

The Crucial Anniversary RAM is PC5300, but you know what it can do :)
    The OCZ stuff is being priced very well. Checkout Overclockers.co.uk and their this week only offers also.
    I have the Crucial Anni's. If you're waiting until the intel price cut to buy stuff, I'll certainly entertain an offer on them.

Man, with the AMD pricecuts this week, if your board was a skt AM2 you wouldn't have to move at all.

awhir wrote:
    is there anywhere in uk/ireland where i can get the Crucial DDR2 BallistiX PC6400 10 annaversairy additon.

Cassiel wrote:
    The Crucial Anniversary RAM is PC5300, but you know what it can do :)
    The OCZ stuff is being priced very well. Checkout Overclockers.co.uk and their this week only offers also.
    I have the Crucial Anni's. If you're waiting until the intel price cut to buy stuff, I'll certainly entertain an offer on them.

Man, with the AMD pricecuts this week, if your board was a skt AM2 you wouldn't have to move at all.

what speed will they go upto you can also get 6400 annys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Cassiel

Nope, Crucial Anniversary's were a limited run of pc5300 with a Blue heatspreader as opposed to the Ballistix which are yellow. If someone is trying to flog PC6400 Crucial Anni's then beware, there is definitely something murky going on.
    I am just using them at the stock freq. of 667 and 3-3-3-8 1T timings.
    Have benched them at the same timings as the Corsair Dominators, PC8500 DDR2-1066 5-5-5-15. All within the spec'd voltage 2.0 - 2.2v.

Good resource here: OcUK Crucial Anni's thread

In fairness you should get near enough the same performance from Pc5300 Ballistix. PC8500 ram is cheaper now than what the Anni's cost last year (when PC8500 cost a LOT), so your search for the holy grail may be misguided :)
    awhir wrote:
    what speed will they go upto you can also get 6400 annys.

ya i think im just gona go for the Crucial DDR2 BallistiX PC6400 as they seem to oc well :D.

anyone know if the Crucial BallistiX tracers PC6400 are just extra leds ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

there very expensive.

Advertisement