Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

legal advice concerning voluntary redundancy

• 12-04-2007 6:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    I work for a company who are relocating and offering voluntary redundancy.
    My dilemma is this, a few months back, the employees were called into a meeting explaining the move etc, and the proposed voluntary redundncies, including an agreement that we could wait for the move, try it out for a few weeks and still take the redundancy option.
    Today, 12/4/07, we all received the following letter in our wage packets.

<snip>

My question is, are they legally entitled to do this, considering we have not been giving a concrete date for the move, and having already paid out redundancies, I feel they are forcing us to make a choice before the move without giving us the chance to try the move as promised and still take redundancy, as they have been surprised by the amount of redundacy requests made, which I think surpassed their expectations.

Would I have grounds for legal action if it became necessary, because I personally would like to try the move before I make my final decision, like we were told we could.

Comments

Without trying to overstep any mark, no-one on boards.ie is allowed to give legal advice. Your best bet might be to try some locations which give out free legal advice, such as FLAC, or just to pay for a solicitor directly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Please read the charter.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement