Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long before you can dye your hair again?

• 12-04-2007 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Got my hair done last week. I wanted it all the one colour but she only gave me highlights and I don't really like it.
    How long should I wait before going over it again?

Edit: Oh yeah forgot to add it's a permanent colour.

I was thinking about maybe getting a dye in the shops and going over it with that but I've never used one before and I'm afraid I might make a balls of it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

was it permanent or semi permanent that she used?

i dunno how good it is for your hair, but i have put a semi permanent colour over a permanent colour before, about 3 days after getting the permanent colour in - and it didn't fall out or anything!
    I wouldn't recomment using another permanent colour though (if thats what you have in now) - stick with a semi permanent

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Why didn't you tell the hairdresser that she did the wrong thing, and get her to fix it? I think they're kind of obliged to do that for free. At least, mine was free when that happened to me.

You should generally leave it for about 6 weeks, but I doubt doing it sooner would cause much lasting damage if you only did it once. Be careful with store-bought dyes, they rarely turn out the colour they're supposed to be, and if you have highlights now, you'll still end up with different colour streaks in your hair after you dye it. You'd really need to get it professionally done to successfully cover it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i dyed my hair three times in under twelve hours with all permanent dyes..my hair wasnt happy:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

I agree with faith - its best to tell the hairdresser after all why pay for what you didnt want? Its happened to me before and I got them to fix it on the day. I wanted caramel highlights and got yellow streaks so I wasnt paying for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭artnotort

i wouldnt do it if i was you.
    i get my roots done a lot as my hair is almost white it's so blonde and my roots show very easily.
    the hairdressers tell me 6 weeks at least before i go near it again and i have to use a lot of products to keep it in good condition.
    i tried once to do my roots myself and the hair had like a purpley blue tint, it was a mess.

basically, get a hairdresser to fix it dont do it yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 NirdleBug

I was talked into getting highlights, she didn't want to dye my whole head. I liked it at first because it was nice and bright but after a couple of days it doesn't look that different to the way it was before.

I'll just wait a few weeks and go get it done again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Alice_x_x

How long do you have to wait, after having highlights, before you can dye your hair (at home). I have blonde highlights on light brown hair, put in about a year ago. If i dye my hair dark brown, will my highlights go wrong. Very confused ... :confused: :eek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

anyone know how to get semi permanent dye out of your hair? what i mean is there a quicker way than growing it out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

You can get shampoo's to help wash the colour out. "Clinic" is one of them, it's in a green/blue bottle and you should be able to get it in any supermarket. Head and shoulders is good too.
    There's also a kerastase (sp?) shampoo for oily hair you'd be able to get at your hairdressers. It's not *supposed* to wash the colour out, and it's not sold for that, but it does.
    Hope that helps a bit :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭little miss

I would seriously go back to your hairdresser as has been recommended by others. This happened to me, and I was too shy to complain but was really disappointed and felt crap about my hair after paying to get it done and then it looking no different. Then, second time it happened, I complained and got it fixed for free. Just said it wasn't what I wanted, that it didn't look any different and I got the colour done properly. It was so worth it! And it made me happy. I would not colour it myself if I were you - could be a disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 princess k

hiya,similar thing happened to me...it was a saturday,on monday i rang to speak to manager. told him what i had asked for and what i actually got. he said he saw me in salon and that i didnt look happy. he offered me a refund and to fix my hair. i declined the second,told him i didnt feel it would be done properly. i got a refund and a couple of days later went elsewhere and had it done how i wanted....if you dont like complaining face to face,like me....then ring and complain....i bet you paid a good whack to get it done,so you are entitled to have it done the way you wanted......best of luck with it.:)

Advertisement