Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hotplate for cooking crepes

• 12-04-2007 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

anyone know a place in dublin that sells the big round hotplates that are used for cooking crepes?

they use them everywhere abroad but ive only ever seen one in ireland and that was in a nice restaurant.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I'm not sure - but I use a good heavy based (cast iron) saucepan to do mine. Works very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭seanieclarke

just came across this thread now.

where did you buy this pan? or would you have a link to it online?

i think the pans they use in france are available here but have never seen one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Try here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭seanieclarke

Hill Billy wrote:
    Try here.

thanks a lot for that!

i didnt think they were that dear though.any cheaper ones or any irish links?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

OP,

I use a crepe pan to make pancakes. I came to the conclusion a long time ago that I just wouldn't use it often enough to buy one piece of equipment to do so...

However, some raclette sets are designed to make crepes on top of the grill as well...I've never tried with mine for the simple reason that I have the pan...but raclettes are generally 50-60E or so. I'd recommend the pan though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

just came across this thread now.

where did you buy this pan? or would you have a link to it online?

i think the pans they use in france are available here but have never seen one

Sorry I just read your reply now. Not sure - it is a cast iron pan my mother received for her wedding (over 40 years ago!). Looks like le cruset, feels as heavy too! But I think it is an Irish make. I'll have a look next time I'm over.

Advertisement