Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ryanair refunds?

Options
  • 12-04-2007 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

right,

booked a fight to milan few hours ago for next wed departure, now it looks like i cant go, something popped up. can i get a refund and how?

cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

ryanair dont do refunds afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

you would be best to put that ticket up for sale on adverts.ie

Ryanair are terrible for changing or cancelling. From the consumers pov.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

All depends on the reason you can't go - do you have travel insurance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Get travel insurance, go to the doctor and get a sick note. Only way out I reckon. Or else use your lack off refund option as an excuse to ditch whatever came up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

subway wrote:
    ryanair dont do refunds afaik

Correct tickets are non refundable but changeable, you can change the date of travel though but probably not worth it with the fees involved and can get expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

To quote good old Mr O'Leary: "What part of No Refund do you not understand? You are not getting a refund so f*ck off."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

In Ryanair's defence - my brother had flights booked a couple of years ago when our father passed away - and they were only cheap flights so he was just going to let them go, but he checked it out with them and he got a refund no problem. I think he may have had to produce a copy of the death cert, but I know he was shocked it was so easy. But I think that's only in the event of a death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

FX Meister wrote:
    Get travel insurance, go to the doctor and get a sick note. Only way out I reckon.
    There isn't a hope in hell that this will work. Insurance companies aren't dumb. Check the small print on Getcover.ie policy for example, and you'll see that they will only cover cancellation costs in case of 'serious illness or injury' and they will require 'written medical confirmation and clinical reports from medical service provider' to support your claim. The costs of the doc and the paperwork will probably exceed the cost of the flight.

Advertisement