Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US visa question

Options
  • 12-04-2007 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

i hope to move to the states in a few years.

i have an aunt who married an american lad and is now living over there.my aunt now has american citizenship.would this help me get a visa to live there?

thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I don't think it makes any difference really.

It's much easier if you could get a job over there and have the company apply for a H-1B visa on your behalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It is a long and expensive process if you have to do everything yourself. Check out the US Embassy site for Ireland and look at the different types of visas that you can get.
    I have a green card as I'm married to an American lass for 3 years this year, that allows me to work, travel and same benefits as a citizen but I'm not allowed vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

ruu man,quick question for you.when you went over on a fiance visa how long was it before you could work?

will the fiance visa allow me to work or whats the story?

sorry for butting in on the thread btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Not too sure, I went over after I was married so it might be different. I think galwaydude (on boards) went over on the fiance visa.
    Now for me, I just went over and into the social security office and got my SSN and I was away. The greencard proper came in the post a few weeks after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

aha i couldnt remember if you were on a fiance visa or not.might drop gd a pm.

thanks anyway :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement