Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speciaized Sirrus model

Options
  • 12-04-2007 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Anybody have a Specialized Sirrus bike, thinking of buying one, the wheels seem to be an issue them, especially the back one (have to get respoked) this is going by reviews on the net. Don't want to pay 600 lids for a ropey bike, any info appreciated. I will be just using it for going in and out of work.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

Well if you think the wheels will be an issue maybe the bike shop may let you swap them for maybe a nice set of mavics you may just have to pay the diffrence but well worth it i just got a pair of Mavic Aksium's only €148.00 cycle superstore website. Food for thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

I have a Specialized Sirrus Elite 2005. Only problem was the seatpost disintegrated (one of those with built-in suspension).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Money Shot

I've had a couple of Specialized Sirrus bikes over the years at both ends of the foodchain, and they are great commuting bikes. I wouldn't worry too much about the wheels, but if you are worried, talk to the guys in the shop and any decent bike shop shouldn't have an issue with you swapping them out for something similar of paying the difference.

They are good value bikes for the money too, spec wise, but the market in flat bar road bikes is pretty competitive at the moment with most of the big guns having a bike aimed at a similar market. Ridgeback, trek, Giant, cannondale etc all have decent flat barred road bikes. Might be worth checking out some some of the other competitors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Blowback

Have Sirus since 2002 grand bike no problems.excellent for commuting would not worry about the wheels for your intended use.
    Would get another but do not need two as it is standing me well.Clocked up many miles before wheels went.

Advertisement