Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone out there with photos of their collections?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

I've got a 6 button arcade cabinet at my parents house (no room in my house for it at the moment, and I don't think my girlfriend wants it here anyway!) and I've got the following (Jamma board) games for it:

Spider-Man, Superman, Snow Bros, Puzz Loop, Double Dragon (well when I bought it it was broken, which I wasn't told, you can't really trust ebay sellers, so it should really be called Single Dragon, cos you can only pay with player 1 cos player 2 keep walking into the corner by himself!!) Vendetta, Street Smart and Street Fighter 2.

In my house I've got the following;

Super Gun (if you don't know what it is, then look here http://www.ravengames.co.uk/super.htm)

Two modifed Dreamcast Arcade Sticks.

Neo Geo MVS slot (which allows you to play Neo Geo cartidges on the Super Gun)

5 Neo Geo games (Metal Slug, Blazing Star, King of Fighters 99, Shock Trooper, Sonic Wings 3).

I'm actually selling everything I've mentioned in this post.

Here's the pics of the stuff I've got at my house:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭DickyC

Nice collections lads, especially loved Retr0gamer's wire tangle picture. Brought back memories of when I had the space to have one. Most of my stuff is living in suitcases at the moment, waiting for the big lotto win to add a gaming wing to the house. Keep up the good work.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

ZOMBIE THREAD!!!! headshots only!

ZOMBIE THREAD!!!! headshots only!

No disrespect to yourself but I was complementing the posters who bothered to photograph their setups. This subject was brought up earlier today on another thread, I think Retrogamer mentioned he had some of his collection up so I fancied a look.
    Have you any photographs of your own collection on the site? I find it intresting looking at different setups, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

There's a longer/more recent one somewhere, would be a good few pages back now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Dark Savior and ghostchant thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
    I stuck a few pictures up to get the ball rolling.:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Not much of a collection yet so its more a few photos of my office than anything!

IMG_5973b.jpg

IMG_5974.jpg

IMG_5975.jpg

IMG_5977.jpg

IMG_5978.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

pretty nice dude

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Nice and neat, I like it. :)

its gas but some of those console when i got them where absolute filth, you wouldnt believe the dirt that came off them. its amazing what taking them apart and giving them a good clean can do for them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I love the picture of the Serenity on the wall, remember the valley browncoats!
    I'd love to get some art like that on my gamesroom wall, and take down my beloved though nerd symptomatic Escher prints!

That only cost me 20 quid delivered 8 A3 pictures, i stuck it in some clip frames i got and put it up on the wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lowplayer

french blog collection:
    http://consolenmousse.blogspot.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

*removed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,266 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Wow! Great collection! Any way I can get you to part with PDS? ;)

Ironically enough, by saying 'Rarely talk about what crap i have due to attention reasons', and from seeing what's in your collection, you've made me think I know who you are... :D

*removed.

Master of the Universe

Ah man, I'd love an MSX.

Name was changed due to confusion with other roses,attention remark due to security/paranoid reasons,pics will be pulled soon,sorry.

Master of the Universe

Name was changed due to confusion with other roses,attention remark due to security/paranoid reasons,pics will be pulled soon,sorry.

Here's the interesting thing though - if someone were to break into your house, they'd completely bypass your retro collection as they'd think it's all just old junk. So you can rest easy in the knowledge that the vast majority of theives are too stupid to know what this stuff is worth :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Ok lots of pics seeing as my room is reasonably tidy

First off the consoles:

IMG_0126.jpg

Fat PS2, Slim PS2, Gamecubes, Dreamcast, Saturn and Pikachu!

IMG_0127.jpg

SNES, Xbox, Genesis, PS1's, Model 1 Megadrive

IMG_0128.jpg

Master system 2 and a couble of Megadrive model 2's

Games:

IMG_0129.jpg

Dreamcast, PS1 and PS2

IMG_0130.jpg

Megadrive, Gamecube and Forza 3

IMG_0131.jpg

Wii, Xbox, SNES, PSP, 1080 Snowboarding on the N64 an N-GAGE Game and some memory card and other bits.

IMG_0132.jpg

PS3, N64, loose Megadrive and Master system (behind the N64) carts, Saturn (There's christmas nights hidden between soul bubbles and band hero in a cd case), DS and a few GBA games.

IMG_0133.jpg
    IMG_0134.jpg

360 Games.

Boxes:

IMG_0135.jpg

There's a megadrive box hidden behind the Genesis box at the end! Also missing a boxed gameboy as well.

The setup:

IMG_0137.jpg

I felt the modern consoles looked better there with the tv and all. Gameboy carts on the right.

And Pokémon (and other random bits) corner:

IMG_0136.jpg

There's a space channel 5 car there. Also have a shinobi one somewhere and the collection of crazy taxi cars.

So that's the majority of my stuff. I have a big box full of more games and my handhelds are nicely hidden but readily accessible. I'm fairly happy with it as most of it was built up from "in the wild" purchases rather than ebay. I've only bought things from ebay about 10 times I think (based on my feedback :P) Still missing some of the essential games and consoles but it'll do for now!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

One day my stuff will be tidy enough to photograph - that day is not today.

Atavan - your tidiness is genuinely impressive! My house / room basically just has games wherever they'll fit :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,887 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I didn't realise home many games I had until I visited the attic and realised I've 4 crates full of them. Not much retro stuff unfortunately.

I'm a bit OCD at times about my games :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I didn't realise home many games I had until I visited the attic and realised I've 4 crates full of them. Not much retro stuff unfortunately.

Did ya not say before you've got all the MD Konami games? I'd love to see a photo of that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Some lovely things being posted here, I think most have seen my stuff already, no point in boring all again.
    It is nice and tidy now though. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,887 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

batari wrote: »
    Did ya not say before you've got all the MD Konami games? I'd love to see a photo of that.

Most of them but 2 don't work since they were straight off the assembly line and not tested. Castlevania doesn't work but I have another copy of that and Lethal Enforcers doesn't work. I got the games around 1994 so I don't have some games that were out of print around that time like Sunset Riders, Turtles etc. Also some one stole my ISS Deluxe :( So it's not actually complete and with how bad my friends were with boxes when I lent them out I's say some are cartidge only at this stage. I've got a decent PS1 collection and a N64 collection which has almost every game I consider worth playing on it, only 3 missing. My PS2 and GC collections are great but they're not exactly retro. So yeah for a retro gamer I've not exactly got much :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Some of my stuff

pc_1.jpg
    pc_2.jpg
    pc_3.jpg
    gamegear_1.jpg

Nice, very nice.
    I often wish I had bought the ID boxed set from a couple of years ago.
    I remember seeing it in GS and wanting it but something shiny distracted me :(
    Damn my chimeric magpie genes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I had Shogo too! Loved that game!

What's Killing Moon? The cover art looks very LA Noire and thus peaked my interest.

• Advertisement

Pyongyang wrote: »
    I had Shogo too! Loved that game!

What's Killing Moon? The cover art looks very LA Noire and thus peaked my interest.

It's up here to buy :)http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/tex_murphy_under_a_killing_moon

That looks sort-of LA Noire-ish! I MUST have it! Thanks for the link.

Pyongyang wrote: »
    That looks sort-of LA Noire-ish! I MUST have it! Thanks for the link.

I've never actually played it - it's my sisters copy that I have. I sorta inherited stuff like that and Broken Sword 2 from her. It'd be rotting in a dump long ago if I didn't take it :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Started putting my collection in order there, first up, portables!

nfr4b5.jpg

Nothing super rare, but nice to finally have it all in one place. Alas, my parents were always the sort to get confused when I held onto them. However, the bag on the left contains most of the manuals since I wasn't willing to let them go. I also recall now that my mother donated my GBC and Pokemon Red to a young cousin - must check to see if he's finished with 'em! Also missing is Beatmania Wonderswan minus the decks that I couldn't be arsed tracking down.

Some great random pieces of crap in there: had another go of Alone in the Dark GBC - beyond bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

@ SirLemonHead

Achievement Unlocked:
    Had space to store that amount of large pc game boxes in great condition for nearly 20years.

Right, so did a bit of organising and took some pics while doing it. You'll notice that as time moves on, and I get more sense / money, the quality of games tends to improve :pac:

Megadrive (yeah, I have a boxed Flickie's Island, I know you're jealous):

2ibdmpl.jpg

PS1 (highlights include the entire Spyro trilogy):

28bxv87.jpg

Xbox (too many budget boxes here, but I dig my Panzer Dragoon!):

2lkv2at.jpg

Gamecube:

2yl1ct0.jpg

PS2 (actually surprised how many PS2 games I have!):

2sbsfi9.jpg

More PS2:

154g192.jpg

And since it's technically retroish now, DS:

2881tgy.jpg

More boudoir gaming photography, lacked that soft focus though!
    Duvet is a bit Meh as well!

Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    More boudoir gaming photography, lacked that soft focus though!
    Duvet is a bit Meh as well!

I find the secret is red velvet and vasaline on the lens.

My bed is incomplete until my Catherine pillow cover arrives.

• Advertisement

Some very nice games there Mr. Ultimate!

Even if ciderman is unaroused by your duvet and lack of soft focus :P

Just for Ciderdude:

16k2ej7.jpg

I'm out of Vaseline now.

Dude! NSFW tags!

Specsavers advert.

Updated Pokémon collection:

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

Still missing a lot of titles but I'll get there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Sunlight is doing harmful things to my collection so it has been boxed up and put into storage until I can organise a dedicated space for it. Here's a few pics I took last night.

Final Fantasy Collection:
    FinalFantasyCollection.jpg

Next is Tomb Raider (note I will not entertain comments with the words "aged" and "badly" in reply to this :) )
    TombRaiderCollection.jpg

Playstation One:
    PlaystationOneCollection.jpg

And finally two statues I have:
    VideoGameStatues-LaraEzio.jpg

My SNES & Genesis collection is too small to talk about so that's all for now folks.

• Advertisement

@johnny_ultimate What's that Gundam DS game? And the cheeky looking PS2 games that have suspiciously SHMUP-esque cover art?

I love that Wonderswan Crystal, nearly bought one recently but had to say no!

The only shmup there in that collection is the glorious Gradius V, amust for all PS2 owners.

The only shmup there in that collection is the glorious Gradius V, amust for all PS2 owners.

Yup saw that, have been scouring a copy for a good price but it can wait just a tiny bit longer...just!

I did pick up another SHMUP today in my 'Great Extortionate Postage To Ireland Avoidance Scheme 2011'. However you can all wait for that one. It's a bit of a beaut, so long as it arrives with all the bits the seller claims it has.

I'll leave you guessing... :D

Master of the Universe

You seem to have skimmed over Musha Aleste...

He said PS2 :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement