Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone out there with photos of their collections?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

damn double post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,266 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Wow! Nice setup man. I particularly love your Dredd and Death figures! :)

o1s1n wrote: »
    Wow! Nice setup man. I particularly love your Dredd and Death figures! :)
    yeah , got them for something mad like 2 quid each in Navan a few years back
    Have to keep them on the top shelf though as my daughters a bit scared of the Judge death one.looking at those photos though I really need to clean up a bit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Have to say that is one swell setup there.....:D

I must get rid of the kids so I can setup my systems correctly.....

Is that my old C64 I see there ?????:p, have to say I like the way the Atari ST is taking pride of place under the TV, Its one under-rated system if you ask me.....

PS Thanks for the disks!!!!!!!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Is that a 3DO FZ-1 I see there? Loving the cute stack of PS1's!

Alas my home office is too small to be a man cave so my stuff is just in boxes and tubs. When I have something decent to show I'll take a few snaps. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

That's a great set up, wish i could do something similar but i'm renting right now!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

:pac: Jungle Fighter Tomy Tronics.. costs a fortune on ebay, still havent got that one.

Have to say that is one swell setup there.....:D

I must get rid of the kids so I can setup my systems correctly.....

Is that my old C64 I see there ?????:p, have to say I like the way the Atari ST is taking pride of place under the TV, Its one under-rated system if you ask me.....

PS Thanks for the disks!!!!!!!!;)
    heya that is the the c64 in question indeed
    I've a 2 1/2 year old that is starting to like playing around with controllers and that so I may have to ban her from that room!
    oh yeah check your PM over on adverts re the disks
    :)

keithgeo wrote: »
    :pac: Jungle Fighter Tomy Tronics.. costs a fortune on ebay, still havent got that one.
    I paid a fiver for it in Birmingham a few years back at a collectors fair.
    I've seen them go for 100+ Sterling on ebay so I lucked out there..

• Advertisement

thought id upload a few photos of my "office" as ive bought a fair few bits since i last posted pics here. :pac:

13.jpg

22.jpg

32.jpg

41.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭DickyC

very nice collection, keep up the good work:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Nice setup Keith, very neat too. Quite the opposite of mine atm. :pac:

Master of the Universe

Wow, nice and clean :)

Is that my old Narc bezel? I was trying to remember who I gave that to :D

It looks really well there anyway. Great to see it out being appreciated and not wrapped in cardboard and bubble wrap.

yep the space invaders one in the middle too, i scrubbed them clean and filled in the black bits on narc where the paint was missing.

Master of the Universe

How you've managed to fit so much stuff into that space, so neatly, I don't know.

Every time I look at those pictures I see something new. Only after spotting the Trinitron now!

Is that the original stand for that tv? I've been on the lookout for one of them but am a bit afraid to put it on one that's not designed for it. Could just imagine the arms snapping some day, the tv falling, imploding and destroying everything stored under it.

• Advertisement

Great photos, always nice to see someone's collection. I like the tiled poster you have, it's given me an idea for a super, super widescreen style Darius Burst frame. What's that tiny bottle of stuff on your desk?

Dan brown books however doth not belong in a retro (or any) collection! :P

I'll take some snaps of my collection someday. State of it at the moment though is embarrassing!

Is that the original stand for that tv?

Yeh i think its the original anyways, it came with the TV when i bought it, it seems to fit perfect on it anways and locks into the holes under the tv so id say its the original.
    Pyongyang wrote: »
    Great photos, always nice to see someone's collection. I like the tiled poster you have, it's given me an idea for a super, super widescreen style Darius Burst frame. What's that tiny bottle of stuff on your desk?

Dan brown books however doth not belong in a retro (or any) collection! :P

I'll take some snaps of my collection someday. State of it at the moment though is embarrassing!

The bottle is just glue. I need to get rid of those books, just no where else for them at the minute! That poster only cost me 16 euro in total! the pics themselves are a3 and where 14 including delivery off ebay, then i got clip frammes off a friend of mine who works in a stationary company and put them in myself. the hardest part was lining them up in the wall! there are a few holes hidden by those frammes!

keithgeo wrote: »
    I need to get rid of those books, just no where else for them at the minute!

Being a Brit I like to celebrate November 5, Bonfire Night. I'm currently accepting donations to aid the building of the largest bonfire in North County Dublin. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

In order to make room for more stuff, just get rid of all those boxes!
    Looks great though, well done.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    In order to make room for more stuff, just get rid of all those boxes!
    Looks great though, well done.

I'm thinking of doing the same with my boxes and putting them in the attic. Problem is at this time of year they'll be in bits come March.

• Advertisement

ah i like having the boxes out, i dont like the idea of collecting them just to put them in the attic

Master of the Universe

It's a tough call. Some boxes really are lovely and I do think they look great along the top of shelving face out like that.

Plus in a lot of cases it's that high up space that's not really within easy reach.

I suppose an easy compromise would be to stack them flat instead? Wouldn't look quite as nice, but at least you'd still see the side art/graphics and have some extra space.

It's a tough call. Some boxes really are lovely and I do think they look great along the top of shelving face out like that.

Plus in a lot of cases it's that high up space that's not really within easy reach.

I suppose an easy compromise would be to stack them flat instead? Wouldn't look quite as nice, but at least you'd still see the side art/graphics and have some extra space.

to be honest those boxes on the shelves arent empty, they all have the consoles inside them too.. my backup consoles!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You misunderstand me completely!

I say

BURN THE BOXES!!!!

Mwahahaha!

Was cleaning some new nes games earlier and decided to sort out my nes collection into some kind of order, i seen someone posted all their ds collection layed out last week so took these while i was doing it. I know some people prefer collecting megadrive games because the boxes are plastic, but i dont think a collection of megadrive games look as good as boxed nes games..

IMG_9496.jpg

IMG_9497.jpg

IMG_9498.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mr Vengeance

Great to see such a comprehensive boxed NES collection - a lot of people who collect NES don't care for the original packaging a lot of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Impressive...most impressive. Obi wan has taught you....ah feck it

Looks great, but it does make you realise how much some euro/US box art sucks, compared to their Nipponese cousins.

Lovely collection there. Great to see them all together. I was actually inspired by those snaps to start a new project this weekend. To finally create a proper man cave! :cool:

My old set up looked like a bomb site. I've made a video diary of sorts of my progress from start to finish. Been working on it literally the entire day today. It's times like this you realise the sheer volume of boxes, packets and papers you've actually acquired!

I'm about a third of the way through, hopefully I'll have it finished during the week. Then I'll post the before and after videos. :)

Ok, here's a video I posted to YouTube with before/after of my man cave 'makeover'. I'll take some individual collective shots another time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Awesome Video buddy,
    Like the David attenborough of the Games world :)

Nice video Pyong, the room looks MILES better than before. Cab looks lovely m8 congrats. Look forward to the NAC videos. :)

Thanks for the nice comments lads. I did waffle on a bit, got carried away with the cab details! Indeed, the room was in bits before. We've only been in the gaf a year though since we moved to Ireland from the Cayman Islands and it's just really been a dumping ground for stuff.

Great to finally have a proper, sorted room. Very rewarding experience once completed, regardless of having a cab in there, just to have a livable, functional room is great. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Thanks for the nice comments lads. I did waffle on a bit, got carried away with the cab details! Indeed, the room was in bits before. We've only been in the gaf a year though since we moved to Ireland from the Cayman Islands and it's just really been a dumping ground for stuff.

Great to finally have a proper, sorted room. Very rewarding experience once completed, regardless of having a cab in there, just to have a livable, functional room is great. :)

Yeah, good job man.

As a matter of interest hows the geometry on the monitor?

As someone who's had a few issues with monitor geometry I'm always interested to see how other peoples monitors are :)

Thanks SteveSI. :)

The geometry is actually spot on. Well, from my novice p.o.v. it is. Your man said to me it has one pixel of convergence in the bottom right of the screen. I can't even see anything to be honest. He said something about a wavy thing at the top might be there but honestly, I see nothing out of the ordinary.

He told me it's one of the better MS9's he's sold. Plus the best part is I see absolutely zero screen burn on it either. Which was my main concern with getting it. Picture is lovely and crisp.

Is it just me though or is the sound output from these things rather quiet? I'm looking at getting new speakers for it. I have the thing cranked right up and it's deftly quiet.

Thanks SteveSI. :)

The geometry is actually spot on. Well, from my novice p.o.v. it is. Your man said to me it has one pixel of convergence in the bottom right of the screen. I can't even see anything to be honest. He said something about a wavy thing at the top might be there but honestly, I see nothing out of the ordinary.

He told me it's one of the better MS9's he's sold. Plus the best part is I see absolutely zero screen burn on it either. Which was my main concern with getting it. Picture is lovely and crisp.

Is it just me though or is the sound output from these things rather quiet? I'm looking at getting new speakers for it. I have the thing cranked right up and it's deftly quiet.

Turn the volume up on the pcb/mvs if possible as well and see how it is.

You have the same MVS board as me.
    In case you didnt know the volume is on the front left side:

mv1fz.jpg

Also, check the speakers and see if they are cheapy ones.
    I had to replace my speakers with proper arcade ones and that made a massive difference.

YAY! Works like a charm now. Nice and loud!

Do PCB's have volume controls on them too?

The few I've seen in person yes.

I think most PCB's have volume controls on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

All my jamma boards do

Thanks lads, I was there thinking surely it can't be this quiet! The speakers are great, very loud actually!

Just sat and creditfed Blazing Star. That last boss is easier than the mothership on Stage 6. Great fun but my hands are in bits now! :D

It's only my shooting games I've taken photos of here. There's a good few missing too but I'll photograph them later.

Notable entries MIA include my Taito G-Net PCB, Neo Geo and some XBOX 360 & XBLA bits as well as some PC Engine, Saturn and Dreamcast, merchandise etc etc.

Here is about 75% of what I have. I hope you find some of these games trigger a few happy memories. :)

The goods:

BucC6.jpg
    OVthT.jpg
    QCVjo.jpg
    XmxLe.jpg
    7b1YI.jpg
    UJTr2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

D'you like SHUMPs at all, Pyong?

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    D'you like SHUMPs at all, Pyong?

It's not my full collection. :o

Plus I don't have an Ibara PCB and 'that other PCB I'm after' yet. It's an addictive niche to collect but a rewarding and enjoyable one I think. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Right I finally organised my stuff and heaved the sony tv into the room, its so heavy and impractically unholdable.

I've just been collecting stuff now for about a year or maybe 13 months, so haven't got as impressive a collection as some others on here or as wide a scope.

It is also incredibly biased towards Nintendo stuff but lately I've been suffering from a bout of collection creep.

IMG_0856.jpg

Only got the tv recently and very happy with. Dont have a load of consoles scattered all over the floor now.

Here is a close up of the consoles boxes and some other bits.

IMG_0852.jpg

My boxed handheld nintendo games, which I love. So nice and square.

IMG_0857.jpg

N64 games

IMG_0861.jpg

SNES stuff

IMG_0860.jpg

More of them

IMG_0859.jpg

unboxed ones

IMG_0871.jpg

and the last of them

IMG_0869.jpg

oh sorry and these

IMG_0862.jpg

Here's the megadrive stuff, not as much :p

IMG_0864.jpg

some handhelds

IMG_0863.jpg

The whole lot of the boxed stuff

IMG_0853.jpg

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Wow!

So many pretty boxes!

I currently have Earthbound envy :o

So many boxed games! A fine collection, very envious of Earthbound but at the same time disappointed the Saturn is left in it's box. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

So many boxed games! A fine collection, very envious of Earthbound but at the same time disappointed the Saturn is left in it's box. :(

No games for it at all. Waiting to get it modded and going go for some JP NTSC games and go full 60hz on it.

I'm disappointed as well to be honest. Didn't notice I don't have any neo geo pocket games yet either though did you. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

I'm only new to this game so go easy :pac:
    Thought I'd throw up the old PC games I had (missing some Command & Conquers :( )
    IMG_3507.jpg

IMG_3508.jpg

IMG_3509.jpg

IMG_3510.jpg

And for the laugh... a World War I AC to DC converter......:confused:
    IMG_3511.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

So much pretty things!

• Advertisement
Advertisement