Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone out there with photos of their collections?

12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

OwaynOTT wrote: »

It is also incredibly biased towards Nintendo stuff but lately I've been suffering from a bout of collection creep.

Wheres the NES love!!?!? The king of the nintendo consoles! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

keithgeo wrote: »
    Wheres the NES love!!?!? The king of the nintendo consoles! ;)

Well one did pop up on adverts with kirby and a load of class games and someone got in just before me!
    Only 50 quid n all.

Oh wait, it was you wasn't it :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Lovely stuff owaynott, i'm envious of the neatness. :pac:

Dale, how did you come by that WWI converter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Dale, how did you come by that WWI converter?
    Saw it on an auction house in Limerick :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

need to finish the other wall (which currently has my sms/md games ) but heres how my mancave is laid out, (I need to clean it up a bit and pack away some of the cans of contact cleaner and the like!)
    I've a meg/sms/snes/ps2 and a pc hooked up to a decent size trinitron in another room, so the portable is grand for in here , most of the computers/consoles are hooked up to it )
    641cc83d.jpg

744ac594.jpg
    (bit blurry sorry)
    a2ad0d27.jpg

sweetjesus.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    TheHorror.jpg

80456372.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ahh, the spagettification of console cabling, very very common in these parts....

(rubs beard sagely...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Decided to dig out 2 boxes of games, these are mostly PC Engine but also Saturn, Dreamcast and PS1 titles.

90% SHMUPS, the rest are a mix of Bomberman, Puyo Puyo, Densha De Go! and 'misc' titles. Nearly all games are SC-OCD and RC-OCD too, bar the PAL games and the odd TG16 game.

A box of games:
    0zv3f.jpg

Some 'choice' games I like from this box:
    qvga6.jpg

In this photo, ruined by the flash is Shooting Double (Raycrisis and Rayforce double pack) for PS1.
    LOST THE PIC! ARGH!

Another box of games:
    K5aQ3.jpg

More games:
    UY1gm.jpg

In this photo, ruined by the flash is R-Type Complete and Image Fight for PC Engine:
    WbBZJ.jpg

...and finally.......some games:
    ECQgM.jpg

Still got more boxes of SHMUPS to photograph and other special editions, sealed games etc. I'll do it another day. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Don't recognise most of what's in those pics but some collection of shmups you have man. Very nice indeed. Special note must go to that white laptop of yours, it's almost famous on these forums. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I'm going to go out and just take a wild guess Pyongyang, but do you love you some shump action?

Seriously though, impressive, very impressive collection. Noticed R-Type delta there, one of my first shump loves and still one of my favourites

• Advertisement

Cheers Jacqueline Bouvierton and Greek Mother! The PC Engine ones are my faves I think. Love that console! :)

Yeah I'm eyeing one up myself for the new year. The CD's are no problem because I already have all my ones "backed up"

Hows the pc engine from a collecting point of view, in terms of the cards? expensive?

Not greatly expensive for Hu's. Well, assuming you're alright with RPG's you won't be able to read, tedious strategy games and dating simulators. :D

In honesty though, loose cards are grand. Usually between €3 and €10 depending on title and condition for a loose card. I've about half a business card holder book full of loose cards. Good for storage those books.

That said, loose cards can be expensive too. Anywhere from €10 up to the 70-100 mark or more, depending on the title and condition of the loose card.

Boxed games, card or CD vary (without SC or RC's in them). Again, anywhere from €10 up to €300. Same rules apply for CIB games with SC-OCD and RC-OCD.

Then of course there is Sapphire. Bag an 'original', NOT a 'legal boot' (yes it does exist) and you'r looking at €300-€500 for that... assuming you can actually find a copy and then assuming once you found it you can persuade the person(s) to part with it.

And finally, the game SteveSI has 2 copies of....

Darius Alpha.

That cheeky young pup will set you back a cool €600-€1000+ depending on condition and when and/or where you buy it.

:eek:

If you love SHMUPS though, for me anyway, the PC Engine is where the action is at. Close second is the Saturn. :)

Thanks for all the info. Wont be getting hugely into it but I think i need one. Focus a bit more on my JAP saturn collection aswell. Fighters and shumps for the saturn I think

And how did he manage to get 2 copies, I assume there were livers sold?

No idea Jacqueline. Only 800 (known) copies exist in the entire world. Well, at the time they did, who knows how many have been destroyed though?

It is a really hard title to get as it was never released. It was a competition prize given away to entrants who sent in two spine cards and receipts from two other games. I think it was Super Darius and Super Darius II, correct me if I'm wrong.

You basically bought both games then mailed off the particulars and were entered in to a prize draw where copies were given as prizes.

Essentially Darius Alpha is a boss rush game so it's not all that great (well, it's Darius so in my eyes it's amazing but to everyone else it's just 'not great'), however due to the difficulty in getting a copy in the first place and a limited number in the wild, it is stratospherically expensive.

I too would like to know how Ulysses got his two copies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Pyongyang wrote: »
    No idea Jacqueline.

33epm3p.jpg

EnterNow wrote: »
    33epm3p.jpg

rene-higuita-hair.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Pyongyang wrote: »
    No idea Jacqueline. Only 800 (known) copies exist in the entire world. Well, at the time they did, who knows how many have been destroyed though?

It is a really hard title to get as it was never released. It was a competition prize given away to entrants who sent in two spine cards and receipts from two other games. I think it was Super Darius and Super Darius II, correct me if I'm wrong.

You basically bought both games then mailed off the particulars and were entered in to a prize draw where copies were given as prizes.

Essentially Darius Alpha is a boss rush game so it's not all that great (well, it's Darius so in my eyes it's amazing but to everyone else it's just 'not great'), however due to the difficulty in getting a copy in the first place and a limited number in the wild, it is stratospherically expensive.

I too would like to know how Ulysses got his two copies!

No cool story to it really. I paid cold hard cash for my first copy in Super Potato in 2008(95000 yen I think) and I paid a bit more for my second copy in 2010 from a private individual in New York(super mint condition with original packaging it was posted in etc).

It's also up for debate how many were ever shipped. Some people say it could be 600 to 1000 copies.

To be honest the game is not that great. Like most of these ultra rare games its expensive because its rare, not because its good.

And these rare/expensive games, the don't get stored in a drawer either. They gets the Steve SI special treatment all the way :D

Ah i was hopeing for some awesome find in a charity shop or something haha

Like most rare games though, they are ****

Like My Death and Return of Superman, ****!

• Advertisement

Steve SI wrote: »
    To be honest the game is not that great. Like most of these ultra rare games its expensive because its rare, not because its good.

Ahhhh I dunno, although I do wear Darius blinkers! Although it is true, it's not that great because it's not really a game as such. It's just a boss rush of another Darius Game.

Again I may be on the wrong path here but I think my copy of Darius R is a boss rush of the same game, I forget. I'll have to thumb through the Darius wiki to remember.

You're right though, the exact figure is not known, it's rumoured to be 800, but as Ulysses said, it's between 600-1000 copies and it's not known how many have survived.

Fair play to you Ulysses, I dream of owning that game just to complete my Darius collection some day. :(

In fact there are two copies for sale on eBay now for a cheeky €1000 each if you're keen? :)

Advertisement