Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs vs. Sevilla

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Lemon wrote:

You say Spurs have seen centre backs yet they hadn't cover Wednesday night. King should not of been on the pitch. Why wasn't Chimbonda moved to CB or Zokora? I'm still waiting for an answer on this.

Did you or did you not watch the game? You said you did...:rolleyes:

Chimbonda played at LB, Tainio moved to RB. King and Dawson formed the CB partnership. If Chimbonda played at CB, who would you have play at LB?

Why would we leave King out (when he could play) so that we could play two midfielders in a back 4?

Why are you obsessed with Tottenham? Your own side are playing their cup final today, yet you're more interested in commenting on another team...seems odd, but might explain why there's thousands of empty seats at Old Trafford today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Did you or did you not watch the game? You said you did...:rolleyes:

Chimbonda played at LB, Tainio moved to RB. King and Dawson formed the CB partnership. If Chimbonda played at CB, who would you have play at LB?

Why would we leave King out (when he could play) so that we could play two midfielders in a back 4?

Why are you obsessed with Tottenham? Your own side are playing their cup final today, yet you're more interested in commenting on another team...seems odd, but might explain why there's thousands of empty seats at Old Trafford today.

I did watch the game as I have said.

There are a number of options. For example, play Murphy in CM and move Zokora back. Or move a winger back and play Ghaly in midfield.

Why would ye leave King out? Because he clearly wasn't up to the game.

I'm not obsessed with Spurs one bit. I made a comment on the game (like I do on many games) and you started your usual nitpicking. As I've pointed out above, the nitpicking you do when I comment on anything.

I'm sitting here with a laptop watching the game. Why am I not over there? If I had the money to be over there I would be.

As for the empty stands, why is it you continually think Spurs are so great because they can fill theres? You continually mention it as if you want someone to give you and them a large pat on the back.

They're from London. A huge city. Blackburn is a small, low income town. I suppose the place should be lambasted for that should it?

Funny actually how you were all to happy to comment on the Blackburn thread when they were doing badly but have stopped now. May I ask where your obsession with me and Blackburn comes from?

Lemon wrote:

I'm not obsessed with Spurs one bit. I made a comment on the game (like I do on many games) and you started your usual nitpicking.

I asked you one question. If you don't like being asked questions, then maybe public message boards aren't really your thing.

I asked you one question. If you don't like being asked questions, then maybe public message boards aren't really your thing.

Yes, and I answered the question and your nitpicking started..... as it does continually.

I love the way I pointed out a number of things above that you have chosen to ignore. Says it all really.

Lemon wrote:
    Yes, and I answered the question and your nitpicking started..... as it does continually.

You asked a number of questions in your post my friend, if you don't want answers don't ask questions. It really is that simple. That's how debate works.

You asked a number of questions in your post my friend, if you don't want answers don't ask questions. It really is that simple. That's how debate works.

And you know you've won a debate when you ask questions that the other party can't answer and chooses to ignore, simple as.

Lemlon wrote:
    And you know you've won a debate when you ask questions that the other party can't answer and chooses to ignore, simple as.

Self praise is no praise.

Anyway Lemon, I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. I answer your questions and I'm nitpicking, don't answer them and I "lose the debate"

I wish you'd make up your mind what you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Babybing wrote:
    What do you expect us to be doing?

i would expect them to be higher than 8th in the prem :rolleyes: . I feel they have the resources to be pushing for champions league spots. fair enough you did it last year, but this year ye've gone backwards.

you're defense is notorious for letting in sloppy goals too... fair enough you have a lot of injuries in defense but the first two goals in the UEFA 1/4 should have been much better defended, nor should the 1st wigan goal have been as easy.

they also lack composure at times. the likes of Robinson hoofing the ball long up to small men like Lennon, Defoe and Keane. i mean... what the hell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

i would expect them to be higher than 8th in the prem :rolleyes: . I feel they have the resources to be pushing for champions league spots. fair enough you did it last year, but this year ye've gone backwards.

Well we will wait and see where we are at the end of the season. Personally I would be disapointed with 7th and very disapointed with 8th but fifth or sixth would be acceptable.

You say resources but the problem is we have been a bog standard mediocre side for 16 years. Last year was the first year we did anything. You cant just turn things around. Clubs like Arsenal and Liverpool have just as good resources but have being successful and winning things for years. It is hard for a team like us who have been average for so long to compete with that.

you're defense is notorious for letting in sloppy goals too... fair enough you have a lot of injuries in defense but the first two goals in the UEFA 1/4 should have been much better defended, nor should the 1st wigan goal have been as easy.

Defensively we are poor because we rely too much on King. When he is out the quality just is not there. I am not blaming injuries I am saying we should be better able to cope with Kings absence. We desperately need a quality CB during summer. Somewhat ironic because imo we dont have the resources to cope with Ledley's injury.

It takes time to turn a whole club around. And I think we have been competititive in the cups this year we were just beaten by better quality teams.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Whens Lemlins and therecklessones' wedding? I hope all us boardies have are invited.

Self praise is no praise.

Anyway Lemon, I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. I answer your questions and I'm nitpicking, don't answer them and I "lose the debate"

I wish you'd make up your mind what you want.

Haha, no nitpicking is when you constantly question anything I say. Answering my questions is not picking.

I've asked you questions above. You can't answer them so you choose to ignore them. Therefore you lose the debate because I've answered any question you had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Whens Lemlins and therecklessones' wedding? I hope all us boardies have are invited.

I think a pre nup would be advisable, It may be just my immagination but I sense a little friction between them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

The Muppet wrote:
    I think a pre nup would be advisable, It may be just my immagination but I sense a little friction between them.

But there already arguing like a married couple so i thought they would want to get it officially done with.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Spurs will always be a nearly club.

They had the chance last year to move forward but they ****ed it up

But there already arguing like a married couple so i thought they would want to get it officially done with.

Marry Lemon? I'd get less time for murdering him...

• Advertisement

Lemon wrote:
    Haha, no nitpicking is when you constantly question anything I say. Answering my questions is not picking.

You have the horn for me.

Not sure exactly what questions you think I've ignored Lemon, so I'll endeavour to answer as many as I can. Don't throw your usual "nitpicking" mickey fit...
    Lemon wrote:
    And forgive me for not being up to date with every one of Spurs players. I don't support the team so I don't exactly see why I should be, can you tell me why I should be?

Because you choose to criticise squad selection. I'd expect somebody who follows that course to have some rudimentary knowledge of the topic at hand, you clearly do not.
    Lemon wrote:
    There are a number of options. For example, play Murphy in CM and move Zokora back. Or move a winger back and play Ghaly in midfield.

Play Danny Murphy? Would that be the same Danny Murphy who returned from a number of months absence through injury in a reserve team game two days before we played Seville at home? Wouldn't that be similar to playing King who had also just returned from injury?

Play a winger in the back 4? So you'd line up with one fit CB, a less than 100% RB and two midfielders in defence? More risky than playing King IMO. Just because we conceded two poor goals does not mean that the choice of King was the cause...one midfielder (Malbranque) on the back post scored the OG, and another (Zokora) allowed Kanoute to play the one two then left him a free run into the box for goal number 2.
    Lemon wrote:
    As for the empty stands, why is it you continually think Spurs are so great because they can fill theres?

I don't, I think Blackburn are two-bob because they fail to shift their allocation for their cup final.
    Lemon wrote:
    They're from London. A huge city. Blackburn is a small, low income town. I suppose the place should be lambasted for that should it?

Not at all. Yesterday was your biggest game of the season and you still couldn't sell out your allocation. Funnily enough I don't recall small crowds the year you bought won the PL.
    Lemon wrote:
    May I ask where your obsession with me and Blackburn comes from?

You may ask any question you like, doesn't mean the premise of the question is valid. I'm not obsessed with Blackburn.

Hope that's gone some way towards sating your appetite old chum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Funnily enough I don't recall small crowds the year you bought won the PL.

Thats just petty. When is the last time Spurs won anything of note!?

jank wrote:
    Thats just petty. When is the last time Spurs won anything of note!?

The truth hurts.

I don't know whether you'd count the League Cup as "anything of note", but I'm sure Lemon will mention 2001.

I'd say 1991, when we beat your shower on the way to the FA Cup.

Anyway jank, have you not got an Arsenal European QF thread to post in? Oh yeah...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Before any spurs arsenal or Blackburn fans get banned and have nothing to post about for the remainder of the season.......oh wait.

kdjac

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement