Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me identify these young trees!

Options
  • 12-04-2007 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

Hi I have a bunch of trees and looking to find out what each are?

Images at:
    http://www.esnips.com/web/Trees

Think the white blossom are either apple or cherry, others could include birch?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Yeah, 11 looks like silver birch. mine are just coming out this week, leaves, that is...

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

ohhh lets have a go

14 looks like apple blossom
    13 also looks like a fruit blossom (poss. apple again)
    11 looks like silver birch
    9 another fruit blossom

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

is no 1 a Cherry tree?

and just to throw it out there, is 7 a red thorn tree??? even though there is such a strong fruit tree thing going on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I'm not too aure, but they are all very pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Hi

Thanks for that, I was considering getting rid of them in a lot for €50, would that be fair?

Redman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

yeah it's very fair and possibly a great deal for someone, if you know exactly what they were/their history you could charge more, some of the apples could be planted from pips or could be crab apples not really productive.
    It's a pity you are getting rid of them, I'd love a big enough garden to have some fruit trees, they are tough going though lots of spraying etc.

I only got them last year as part of a deal and wanted to keep just one or two once I could identify them.

If anyone here so far is interested let me know, otherwise I'll put an ad up on Adverts.ie

They can be taken this weekend.

Redman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

You can't grow apple trees from a pip. They are normally grafted onto a root stock of a separate plant...

Cheers again everyone, put an ad up in adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 28,588 ✭✭✭✭looksee

1 and 5 prunus/cherry
    2, 10, 11 birch, probably different varieties
    7 hawthorn
    13 and 14 probably apple
    4 is annoying me, is it an acer, it looks a bit familiar.

ok, so you've lost interest at this stage op, but its a challenge... Wish i had room for them.

• Advertisement

thanks looksee, they have now gone to a good home with space!

Advertisement