Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying Tyres online

Options
  • 12-04-2007 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

Where's the best place to buy tyres online?

I've found a website called www.eiretyres.com

Anyone use them? And is it a pain to get fitters to put them on?

Also is there a big saving by going down this route, as i'm looking at getting

205 / 55 / R16 x 4?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

MR DAZ wrote:

205 / 55 / R16 x 4?

I have used the 4 times in the past with no problems at all,there is a list of tyre fitters with prices on that site also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Local shops will usually try and beat their prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

MR DAZ wrote:

205 / 55 / R16 x 4?

I was looking for 2 Toyo tyres and found it difficult to get them locally. So I ordered the 2 tyres from eiretyres.com on the 4th April as they were available and cheaper. They say delivery takes 3 - 5 working days which is fine as I ordered them on a Saturday. I got an e-mail on the 7th April giving me an expected delivery date of 10th April. I'm still waiting for them to arrive though.

P.S. They give you a list of fitters on their website. But shop around first as the saving you make online could be offset by the additional fitting charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I agree with trying to get a local tyre place to try to match the price you can get online. You will have much more comeback, and by the time you factor in fitting and balancing on top of online costs, you might not be saving much anyway. I would even be happy paying say €20 per tyre more on total cost. Also, the fitter may want you to take the old tyres away with you if you didn't buy from them?

Anyone know if tyres are much cheaper up north? Worth a day trip to Newry? Recommend anywhere?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

thanks for the info lads!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

esel wrote:
    I agree with trying to get a local tyre place to try to match the price you can get online. You will have much more comeback, and by the time you factor in fitting and balancing on top of online costs, you might not be saving much anyway. I would even be happy paying say €20 per tyre more on total cost. Also, the fitter may want you to take the old tyres away with you if you didn't buy from them?

Anyone know if tyres are much cheaper up north? Worth a day trip to Newry? Recommend anywhere?

I always buy from Mc Quaid tyres in Monaghan town. Way cheaper than Dublin and is a huge operation so is pretty much guaranteed to have what you want. Well worth a trip

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

The toyo's are very difficult alright to get locally.

I use eiretyres and got my toyos within 10 days

Rang a couple of fitters on their website and found someone local to work for €15/tyre fitting/balance & disposal of old tyre

205/55/16 is a fairly standard size tyre so there should be plenty choice available to you

I got Toyo T1-R's 205/55/16 from eiretyres and they were on special at about €84 each at the time

Advertisement