Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone here doin music technology as part of music practical

Options
  • 12-04-2007 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Anyone doin music technology, i am and i wanna know how others are finding it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Yeah I'm doing it. Finding it grand, I'll be hoping for pretty good marks in that. Hope it brings up the overall grade.

The only part of the practical I'm worried about is the aural rhythm test. I find it impossible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

I heard its a piece of piss, though I wouldn't know since I'm not doing it. Doing 6 songs is a way more convenient option for me - brings up the overall grade significantly.
    Also, don't I know you from somewhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I heard you just input music into Finale on a PC....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

JC 2K3 wrote:
    I heard you just input music into Finale on a PC....
    I heard you have a few pieces to input. You then need to make changes to what you've done. Also, you need to annotate everything you're doing. Is everyone using Finale NotePad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭bright

ethernet wrote:
    I heard you have a few pieces to input. You then need to make changes to what you've done. Also, you need to annotate everything you're doing. Is everyone using Finale NotePad?

sebelius 3.0 is the way to go. 4 is a bit surplus to requirement as is finale in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

Notepad all the way! You either have to put in one four-part song or two two-part songs. And then you perform 3 edits to the song of your choice (or the song of your no-choice if you went with 4 parts). You pick your own edits which can include adding tempo and dynamic markings, changing the key or just adding ornamentation. Overall, it's fairly soft. I don't know why more people aren't doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Jack Lynch wrote:
    I don't know why more people aren't doing it.
    Not being told and not being allowed! None of the girls in my class are allowed do it -- they were told it would be a waste of their talent.

It seems you can conduct a small group for your practical also. Were you told about that?

Advertisement