Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to install a HKC window slimline sensor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭tangoman

altor wrote: »
    Descent warranty 3 year plus, descent resolution. Always best to look at a demo unit before buying, most sellers will always have a unit set up.

The cameras are connected to the DVR and you can view them over the internet if connected to your home network.

You can get system for €600 but I would rather spend the extra to get a system that is good quality plus with a warranty of 3 years plus.

my friend is in China and saud he could bring me back cameras and a recorder if knew what type.

What is best dvr what to look out for.

What to look out for in cameras is it the amount of leds the better quality and higher resolution.I see some have a pir with them is this important

What best wired or wireless

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

tangoman wrote: »
    my friend is in China and saud he could bring me back cameras and a recorder if knew what type.

What is best dvr what to look out for.

What to look out for in cameras is it the amount of leds the better quality and higher resolution.I see some have a pir with them is this important

What best wired or wireless

At lease by buying it in Ireland you would have some comeback with the warranty.

A few things to be aware of buying a DVR in China would be the language setup must be in English, unless you speak Chinese :D make sure there is a hard drive included, Digital watermarking of images if your going to need it as evidence, DVD/RW drive, Video compression, Recording rate.

The cameras should have an IP rating, 500 TVL or higher, Lux level, IR range, lens size.

Realistically there is alot to be looking out for. I still think your best option would be to visit a few suppliers and check a few demos of camera and DVR they have in stock, it will save you money in the long run.

Wired is always best unless your willing to spend on high spec cameras.

At lease by buying it in Ireland you would have some comeback with the warranty.

A few things to be aware of buying a DVR in China would be the language setup must be in English, unless you speak Chinese :D make sure there is a hard drive included, Digital watermarking of images if your going to need it as evidence, DVD/RW drive, Video compression, Recording rate.

The cameras should have an IP rating, 500 TVL or higher, Lux level, IR range, lens size.

Realistically there is alot to be looking out for. I still think your best option would be to visit a few suppliers and check a few demos of camera and DVR they have in stock, it will save you money in the long run.

Wired is always best unless your willing to spend on high spec cameras.

what is TVL what is VGA what is IP

What size hard drive and memory card

Where can i go and see the cameras you are recommending

what is TVL what is VGA what is IP

What size hard drive and memory card

Where can i go and see the cameras you are recommending

TVL is a specification that refers to the horizontal resolution which is the number of vertical lines visible in a certain area of a monochrome picture. The number of vertical lines is counted horizontally. The higher the better the quality.

The first number of the IP defines the level of protection against penetration of solid objects into the housing. The second number of the IP defines the level of protection against penetration of liquids into the housing.

500G or more will be enough. I get the cameras in ISD in Cork.

Hello Altor

You helped me few years ago to wire my alarm and you also helped my Son few months ago.
    I have now fitted a porch and sunroom.
    I have two windows with sensors and extra front door.How can I connect from the original contact on front door to the two windows with sensors and the contact on new door.I think the original friont door is wired single end of line as the diagram you originally sent me.

In the sonroom at rear I have three velox windows in roof and was going to put a sensor on them each.I have a spare on panel and was going to use to spare wires on original back door contact for these.
    I also have four windows two have just top openings 60m wide and the other two are 5x5 ftwith side and top openings what should I put on these and can I wire them all in to the original back window that still there which is 4ft x3,6 with side and top openings anbd sensor on each

Thanks Albert

• Advertisement

Hello Altor

You helped me few years ago to wire my alarm and you also helped my Son few months ago.
    I have now fitted a porch and sunroom.
    I have two windows with sensors and extra front door.How can I connect from the original contact on front door to the two windows with sensors and the contact on new door.I think the original friont door is wired single end of line as the diagram you originally sent me.

In the sonroom at rear I have three velox windows in roof and was going to put a sensor on them each.I have a spare on panel and was going to use to spare wires on original back door contact for these.
    I also have four windows two have just top openings 60m wide and the other two are 5x5 ftwith side and top openings what should I put on these and can I wire them all in to the original back window that still there which is 4ft x3,6 with side and top openings anbd sensor on each

Thanks Albert

The Inside door is usually the entry point wired for the alarm system. So if door is still the entry point then leave it as it is.
    Contacts are used on Velux. They can be wired in series with the zone you want to use. Just note the more you have on this zone the harder it is to find faults. Also a max of 10 devices per zone is recommended.

Why I was putting sensors on velox was because it is a one storey building and easy for them to get on to roof but I will go by what you say.There are three velox so how do I wire them in series does the last one have the two 4k7 resistors.

What about the 4 windows in sunroom how shpould I wire them first two are 2ft wide x 5ft high with just a top opening the next two are 5ft wide x 4ft high with side and top openings what should I put on these all sensors on each or what thanks.

On the front porch should I not put anything on the window or new door which is a security door and just leave the contact on the original inside door.I was thinking of wiring the three in series but what ever you say is best.

Why I was putting sensors on velox was because it is a one storey building and easy for them to get on to roof but I will go by what you say.There are three velox so how do I wire them in series does the last one have the two 4k7 resistors.

What about the 4 windows in sunroom how shpould I wire them first two are 2ft wide x 5ft high with just a top opening the next two are 5ft wide x 4ft high with side and top openings what should I put on these all sensors on each or what thanks.

On the front porch should I not put anything on the window or new door which is a security door and just leave the contact on the original inside door.I was thinking of wiring the three in series but what ever you say is best.

I think you misunderstood what I said. I said install contacts on the velux.
    I have attached a diagram of the wiring.

Can you post a few pictures of the windows to show where the sensors should go?

dont understand sorry is a contact and a sensor different,do you mean contact without a sensor all my windows are wired as you told me single end line and enclose the diagram you sent me for these.Also on this diagram us dual end line for two sensors if you were wiring more than two say three or four in series would they all be wired as the first one in diagram and then the last one as second with the resistors.

I am enclosing also the windows/doors sunroom and porch thanks again
    Albert

how do I add photos to text here

• Advertisement

do you have e mail i can mail photos to you

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

how do I add photos to text here
    Click manage attachments to upload your photo here or click the pic icon above if you wish to insert a picture that is hosted elsewhere.

do you have e mail i can mail photos to you

No problem, sent you a P.M.

No problem, sent you a P.M.

Hi

Did you get my mail and diagrams I sent you

Thanks

Albert

Hi

Thanks

Albert

Hi Albert, I was off the last couple of days so will make you up a new diagram tonight when I get a chance.

Kind regards,

Altor.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Hi

Thanks

Albert
    Tangoman
    Can you please post the pictures on the thread, this is a forum that others use for help, if everyone just emailed bits of information the forum would be less helpful, so we encourage questions and answers posted.

Thanks

Stoner wrote: »
    Tangoman
    Can you please post the pictures on the thread, this is a forum that others use for help, if everyone just emailed bits of information the forum would be less helpful, so we encourage questions and answers posted.

Thanks

ok here are the diagrams i made up of three contacts in series but dont think its right`THREE CONTACTS IN SERIES.JPG

Hi Albert, I was off the last couple of days so will make you up a new diagram tonight when I get a chance.

Kind regards,

Altor.

Hi

Thanks but I dont understand could you send me diagrams of how to wire them the three contacts dual end of line and the windows

Thanks

Albert

Kind regards,

Altor.

Thanks but I dont understand could you send me diagrams of how to wire them the three contacts dual end of line and the windows
    What have I done wrong with these diagrams can you send me right ones

Kind regards,

Altor.

Hello Jason,

I was sick for last four weeks so could not finish my alarm please can you send me diagram to wire them in series do I run the blue wire in series or the red or black.I have sensor contact sensor contact sensor dual end of line would appreciate your help,
    Thank you
    Albert

• Advertisement

Hello Jason,

I was sick for last four weeks so could not finish my alarm please can you send me diagram to wire them in series do I run the blue wire in series or the red or black.I have sensor contact sensor contact sensor dual end of line would appreciate your help,
    Thank you
    Albert

Hi Albert,

I will put it up in 2 minutes.

Here you go.

Here you go.

thanks for that and how do I wire the other ones reed sensor,contact,reed sensor contact reed sensor in series dual end of line

Here you go.

Here you go.

Thank you I think I understand after the first sensor the blue goes to the last contact or sensor and the black is broken through terminals 5 and 6 on sensor and through the contacts back to the last sensor or contact and then through resistors is this correct thanks again I been so long trying to do this

Thank you I think I understand after the first sensor the blue goes to the last contact or sensor and the black is broken through terminals 5 and 6 on sensor and through the contacts back to the last sensor or contact and then through resistors is this correct thanks again I been so long trying to do this

That is correct. It needs to be wired in series to create a circuit to see the sensor opening.

That is correct. It needs to be wired in series to create a circuit to see the sensor opening.

thanks will try to do that and the blue goes from the first to the last one yes

thanks will try to do that and the blue goes from the first to the last one yes

Yes, any problems let me know :)

Yes, any problems let me know :)

your very goods thanks will do it tomorrow and let you know

• Advertisement

Here you go.

how do I get the the blue wire from sensor 1 to the last sensor I can use one of the spare terminals on the contacts to join them but how do I do it at sensors shall I just tape them together thanks

Advertisement