Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to install a HKC window slimline sensor

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

tangoman wrote: »
    how do I get the the blue wire from sensor 1 to the last sensor I can use one of the spare terminals on the contacts to join them but how do I do it at sensors shall I just tape them together thanks

You can do. But best practice is to solder and tape those joins.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭tangoman

KoolKid wrote: »
    You can do. But best practice is to solder and tape those joins.

ok i have a small soldering gun I will solder and tape them at the sensors and at the contacts use a spare terminal yes

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That shouldn't give you any problems.

KoolKid wrote: »
    That shouldn't give you any problems.

i just drew this before I start is it correct thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

i just drew this before I start is it correct thanks

Looks good.

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    Looks good.

ok thanks will wire today let you know how I get on

Looks good.

I have wired sensors and contacts as the diagram I posted P1020501 what do I do now is there any way I can check to make sure everything is ok

I am now going to wire the three contacts on the velox windows non end line is this diagram the right way to wire them thanks Albert

I have wired sensors and contacts as the diagram I posted P1020501 what do I do now is there any way I can check to make sure everything is ok

I am now going to wire the three contacts on the velox windows non end line is this diagram the right way to wire them thanks Albert

If you have engineer access you can walk test that zone to be sure everything is ok.
    If not set the alarm and activate each device.
    Your non eol diagram looks good.

are both diagrams correct yes have engineer access how do i do walk test

have engineer access how do i do walk test
    In engineer
    Service Menu
    Walk Test
    Walk Test Zones

• Advertisement

ok

Make sure the zone hardware is set up correctly in respect to the two zones. 2 resistors, Dual end of line. No resistors, Non end of line.

Another option to walk test the system in the user menu is 0#3. Then put in your user code when finished.

Make sure the zone hardware is set up correctly in respect to the two zones. 2 resistors, Dual end of line. No resistors, Non end of line.

Another option to walk test the system in the user menu is 0#3. Then put in your user code when finished.

ok will try today and let you know
    Do I have to put cover back on panel first
    What is the function of the blue wire
    What is difference between single and double end of line and why is it better to wire this way than standard wiring just curious thanks

ok will try today and let you know
    Do I have to put cover back on panel first
    What is the function of the blue wire
    What is difference between single and double end of line and why is it better to wire this way than standard wiring just curious thanks

The lids should be on sensors to test.
    If you testing in engineer mode then you dont need the lid on the control panel. If your testing in the user walk test then you do.
    The blue wire is completing the circuit.
    If you had a pinch or break on the cable and did not have the resistor in the last device then the system might not even know it has happened.
    Double protects both alarm and tamper.
    Single is just fitting one resistor across the alarm circuit.

The lids should be on sensors to test.
    If you testing in engineer mode then you dont need the lid on the control panel. If your testing in the user walk test then you do.
    The blue wire is completing the circuit.
    If you had a pinch or break on the cable and did not have the resistor in the last device then the system might not even know it has happened.
    Double protects both alarm and tamper.
    Single is just fitting one resistor across the alarm circuit.

ok

I have a problem just done walk test the velox are ok but problem with the new windows
    I have two windows in my kitchen one large one small.I did not touch the big window but took the sensor off the small window and extended the leads in to the new sunroom to the first window then linked them out as diagram.
    Now when I do walk test all zones are showing OK T =OK but the large window and the sunroom are showing openT =ok.I never touchjed the big window

ok

I have a problem just done walk test the velox are ok but problem with the new windows
    I have two windows in my kitchen one large one small.I did not touch the big window but took the sensor off the small window and extended the leads in to the new sunroom to the first window then linked them out as diagram.
    Now when I do walk test all zones are showing OK T =OK but the large window and the sunroom are showing openT =ok.I never touchjed the big window

Are the magnets aligned?

Are the magnets aligned?

I never touched them on big window and when I was fitting to new windows I used a continuity tester after fitting the magnet to make sure they were closing is there any way i can re check now they are all wired.On the first two windows I have sensor contact sensor contact last two small windows just have the sensors

I never touched them on big window and when I was fitting to new windows I used a continuity tester after fitting the magnet to make sure they were closing is there any way i can re check now they are all wired.On the first two windows I have sensor contact sensor contact last two small windows just have the sensors

It may just be the wiring in these devices. Can you check them?

It may just be the wiring in these devices. Can you check them?

is there any easy way of checking them without opening all the contacts and sensors or should i start at the first sensor and bridge that ine out and check at keyboard then go to next one etc but cant understand what has gone wrong with the other window

is there any easy way of checking them without opening all the contacts and sensors or should i start at the first sensor and bridge that ine out and check at keyboard then go to next one etc but cant understand what has gone wrong with the other window

The only way to find the problem is to do each one individually.

• Advertisement

The only way to find the problem is to do each one individually.

do i just bridge out 1 and 6 on the first one then go to the second one

do i just bridge out 1 and 6 on the first one then go to the second one

Whats it saying on the zone in walk test?

Whats it saying on the zone in walk test?

OPEN T T OK

OPEN T T OK

It is a sensor open so. If using the HKC sensors then the arrow must be pointing upwards. Check for loose connections and any magnets are lined up correctly.

It is a sensor open so. If using the HKC sensors then the arrow must be pointing upwards. Check for loose connections and any magnets are lined up correctly.

i thought i had thm facing up will check again
    two are fitted horizontaly not verticaly so which way should the sensor and arrow be then

i thought i had thm facing up will check again
    two are fitted horizontaly not verticaly so which way should the sensor and arrow be then

The sensor head should always face up, just make sure you have the sensor head holder installed so that this is possible.

The sensor head should always face up, just make sure you have the sensor head holder installed so that this is possible.

ok and should the arrow face inwards or outwards or does it matter once the head is at the top

ok and should the arrow face inwards or outwards or does it matter once the head is at the top

It does not matter once the arrow is facing up.

It does not matter once the arrow is facing up.

ok will check all later and let you know
    can i just put an ordinrry magnet against the sensor to make sure its closed and is it terms 1 and 6 that should then be joined

• Advertisement

ok will check all later and let you know
    can i just put an ordinrry magnet against the sensor to make sure its closed and is it terms 1 and 6 that should then be joined

If you put the meter across the 1 and 6 with the magnet in place then this will show if the magnet is closed.

Advertisement