Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to install a HKC window slimline sensor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭tangoman

altor wrote: »
    If you put the meter across the 1 and 6 with the magnet in place then this will show if the magnet is closed.

ok thanks will try all that let you know

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

tangoman wrote: »
    ok thanks will try all that let you know

Your welcome, any problems let us know.

one of the arriows was wrong just have to find out what wrong on big window

found what was wrong now done walk test everything checking ok and have put back cover on panel.how do I write letters using kepad want to write velox on zone 8 which was spare and can i know check alarm is all working while in engineers mode thanks Albert

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

In Engineer mode go to Zones> Zone Names> Scroll down to Zone 8 & OK
    Type Zone name as you would write a text using phone keys. When done press OK.

• Advertisement

how do i wire three contacts dual end of line

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

how do i wire three contacts dual end of line

You basically use diagram 1 here
    264529.jpg

Where the 2 contacts are in series just wire 3 the same way & use a 3rd core to extend the parallel resistor across all 3 contacts.

KoolKid wrote: »
    You basically use diagram 1 here
    264529.jpg

Where the 2 contacts are in series just wire 3 the same way & use a 3rd core to extend the parallel resistor across all 3 contacts.

would it be easier for me to wire to wire non end of line with no resistors

It would be easier , but I'd recommend single EOL at least.

It would be easier , but I'd recommend single EOL at least.

how do i do that as not sure what you mean with extra wire for three contacts

• Advertisement

Hard to explain without a diagram but I'll try .
    Use colours Red ,Black & Blue
    Wire red & black into one side of the panel & blue to the other.
    Wire the blue in & out through all the tampers, finishing at the in of the last tamper.
    From the last tamper out wire a 4k7 resistor to the last contact along with one end of the second 4k7 resistor.Connect the other end of the resistor to the black cable. The black cable should be joined at every point so its going directly back to the panel. Now connect the red cable from the panel in & out of each contact finishing at the in of the last contact.
    Hope that makes sense. I can't do out a diagram from where I'm at now.

Hard to explain without a diagram but I'll try .
    Use colours Red ,Black & Blue
    Wire red & black into one side of the panel & blue to the other.
    Wire the blue in & out through all the tampers, finishing at the in of the last tamper.
    From the last tamper out wire a 4k7 resistor to the last contact along with one end of the second 4k7 resistor.Connect the other end of the resistor to the black cable. The black cable should be joined at every point so its going directly back to the panel. Now connect the red cable from the panel in & out of each contact finishing at the in of the last contact.
    Hope that makes sense. I can't do out a diagram from where I'm at now.

think i understand when you say tampers thats the contacts yes.Use the blue to link out all contacts.Black to first contact then link to second and to the third.Red link from one to two to three.join the two ends of resistors together and conect to last contact then put one end of one to the black and the other to the red

think i understand when you say tampers thats the contacts yes.Use the blue to link out all contacts.Black to first contact then link to second and to the third.Red link from one to two to three.join the two ends of resistors together and conect to last contact then put one end of one to the black and the other to the red

Sorry, what type of contacts are these,?
    Are they the type in a junction box with tamper connections or just standard 5 terminals with the 2 silver screws for the contact.?
    If the latter and there is no tampers then just join all the blues together back to the panel and connect the reds to the contacts terminals.
    If there is tampers join the blues to each of them.
    To explain how this works and what the panel sees might make it easier.
    The blue comes from the panel through all the tampers and connects through a 4k7 resistor and then back through the alarm contacts to the panel on the reds.
    The tampers are closed and the zones are closed so the resistance on the loop will just be the 4k7.
    If a contact is opened now the only connection back to the panel is through the blacks via the second resistor so the loop resistance will be.
    9k4.
    If a tamper is opened the loop is totally open.
    If the cable is shorted and can not see the resistors this will also register a tamper.

Sorry, what type of contacts are these,?
    Are they the type in a junction box with tamper connections or just standard 5 terminals with the 2 silver screws for the contact.?
    If the latter and there is no tampers then just join all the blues together back to the panel and connect the reds to the contacts terminals.
    If there is tampers join the blues to each of them.
    To explain how this works and what the panel sees might make it easier.
    The blue comes from the panel through all the tampers and connects through a 4k7 resistor and then back through the alarm contacts to the panel on the reds.
    The tampers are closed and the zones are closed so the resistance on the loop will just be the 4k7.
    If a contact is opened now the only connection back to the panel is through the blacks via the second resistor so the loop resistance will be.
    9k4.
    If a tamper is opened the loop is totally open.
    If the cable is shorted and can not see the resistors this will also register a tamper.

standard 5 termina

so where do the resistors go

standard 5 terminal

so where do the resistors go

using red and black from panel

i originally had contact on the front door it was dual end of line

i built a porch and have a contact on the window and the new front door so now have three contacts in series for the front entry door original front dooor new front door windoqw in that order

Connect the way I said sending 3 cores back to the panel if you want duel end of line.

Connect the way I said sending 3 cores back to the panel if you want duel end of line.

i only have two wires at original front door
    is it ok to have three contacts on entry door
    what happens now is when i open the first door to go out to the porch the alarm goes off before i can get to the other door

So is the porch door currently connected to a different zone? What shows up when the alarm activates.
    Your easier option would be to wire them all single end of line.
    Connect on from the front door joining the blacks all the way to the last contact and connecting the reds through contacts.
    At the last contact you will have 1 red and 1 black cable. Connect the red to one side of the contact. Connect the black to one end of a 4k7 resistor and connect the other end of the resistor to the other side of the contact.
    Remember if this zone was set up with different end of line the settings will need to be programmed..

So is the porch door currently connected to a different zone? What shows up when the alarm activates.
    Your easier option would be to wire them all single end of line.
    Connect on from the front door joining the blacks all the way to the last contact and connecting the reds through contacts.
    At the last contact you will have 1 red and 1 black cable. Connect the red to one side of the contact. Connect the black to one end of a 4k7 resistor and connect the other end of the resistor to the other side of the contact.
    Remember if this zone was set up with different end of line the settings will need to be programmed..

is this diagram correct for dual end of line for the two front doors and window in porch.They bare on zone 1 entry

• Advertisement

Hi I got a bit of a diagram done up here. Based on just Red & Black returning to the panel & using red, black & blue between the 3 contacts.
    Black & blue are joined through at each contact.
    The browns are the resistors.

272766.jpg

Hi I got a bit of a diagram done up here. Based on just Red & Black returning to the panel & using red, black & blue between the 3 contacts.
    Black & blue are joined through at each contact.
    The browns are the resistors.

272766.jpg

have porch working now problem i have know is with the sunroom when i open a window the alarms shows a fault even when unset this the way i wired the sensors and contacts

have porch working now problem i have know is with the sunroom when i open a window the alarms shows a fault even when unset this the way i wired the sensors and contacts

this is the diagramP1020501.JPG

this is the diagramP1020501.JPG

You have the contacts wired in series with the tamper end of line.
    Do it the same as the diagram above I posted.
    The cable that's connecting to the resistor in series with the tampers can not also take in the contacts..

You have the contacts wired in series with the tamper end of line.
    Do it the same as the diagram above I posted.
    The cable that's connecting to the resistor in series with the tampers can not also take in the contacts..

so isw it the red wire should be broke through the contacts

have porch working now but problem i have know is with the sunroom when i open a window the alarms shows a fault even when unset
    this is the way i wired the sensors and contacts can you tell me what i have done wrong thanks Albert

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

have porch working now but problem i have know is with the sunroom when i open a window the alarms shows a fault even when unset
    this is the way i wired the sensors and contacts can you tell me what i have done wrong thanks Albert

Here you go.

If you wire the red through the contacts then extend the resistor across all the contacts using the blue. Series in the second resistor with the blacks and bring that back to the panel through the tampers. If there are no tampers just join through all the way...
    So what you have is a red and black cable with a 4k7 resistor across the end of line. You have the second 4k7 resistor in parallel with the contacts. So in a closed state the loop reads 4k7,if any contact opens it now add the second resistor to the loop and it reads 9k4 which the panel reads as zone open. If the black is opened there is no connection so the panel reads this as a tamper open.

• Advertisement

Here you go.

thank you but cant see the whole diagram please send again thanks

Advertisement