Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to install a HKC window slimline sensor

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Close off the tamper in the panel for now.
    Now goto each individual sensor , disconnect it & join the cables through.
    Check open zones after each one untill you see the zone closed. After that reconnect all the previous ones untill you are left with the one causing the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 grayman

Hi All.
    Not sure if this has been answered here. I had a faulty shock sensor on my sitting room window it was an Aritech. I bought a HKC sensor today (without reed) so I have 4 wires. Red, black, blue, yellow. So I wired it as follows.

Red (alarm)
    Black (alarm)
    Blue (tamper)
    Yellow (tamper)
    Spare
    Spare

I left the last 2 spare empty and now it says open zone. Have I wired it wrong? If so where should each core go.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

grayman wrote: »
    Hi All.
    Not sure if this has been answered here. I had a faulty shock sensor on my sitting room window it was an Aritech. I bought a HKC sensor today (without reed) so I have 4 wires. Red, black, blue, yellow. So I wired it as follows.

Red (alarm)
    Black (alarm)
    Blue (tamper)
    Yellow (tamper)
    Spare
    Spare

I left the last 2 spare empty and now it says open zone. Have I wired it wrong? If so where should each core go.

The two outer terminals are the spare. The red cable just need to be moved to terminal 5.

Spare
    Black (alarm)
    Blue (tamper)
    Yellow (tamper)
    Red (alarm)
    Spare

Also make sure the sensors arrow (if the older type) faces up.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 grayman

altor wrote: »
    The two outer terminals are the spare. The red cable just need to be moved to terminal 5.

Spare
    Black (alarm)
    Blue (tamper)
    Yellow (tamper)
    Red (alarm)
    Spare

Also make sure the sensors arrow (if the older type) faces up.

Cheers altor... Worked like a charm.. The arrow was up.. Thanks for the reply.

grayman wrote: »
    Cheers altor... Worked like a charm.. The arrow was up.. Thanks for the reply.

No probs, glad I could help :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭tangoman

Any zone can be used. Zone 1 is usually for the front door as it is set up in the panel as entry/exit but this can be changed in the programming so any zone will do. Zones 5,6,7 and 8 can be configured to use point ID sensors but are set up as ordinary zones for all types of sensors as standard. The keypad has a built in panic button so no need to wire a panic in beside the keypad. * plus # are used to activate this. The expander is wired into the panel on the keypad bus.

I have a fault on my hkc alarm one of my zones is faulty and want to temporaly remove it.I went into devices and then remove devices but it only says remove zone 5 or zone 8 devices mine is zone 14 how do i do it thanks

I also want to part set alarm with one zone inhibited but with exit timer

also how do i change the pulse settings on a sensor thanks again

tangoman wrote: »
    I have a fault on my hkc alarm one of my zones is faulty and want to temporaly remove it.I went into devices and then remove devices but it only says remove zone 5 or zone 8 devices mine is zone 14 how do i do it thanks

I also want to part set alarm with one zone inhibited but with exit timer

also how do i change the pulse settings on a sensor thanks again

Answered that here for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Elothar

Hi,
    I have an HKC slimline sensor with reed. I am trying to install it on a cs350. I am using 6 core cable. Could you describe how to do this please. I have not understood any of the descriptions or diagrams on this thread, and ive read all of it. What I'd need is a very basic description of where to put what wire from sensor to board. Any help would be much appreciated. :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Are you connecting via a single cable from the panel straight to this sensor or is it part of a larger zone with 2 or more cables at the sensor?

It'd be a single cable straight from the panel to the sensor. Although one of the zones I would like to have two sensors on a single cable run. I have a lot more detail and pictures on my other thread in this forum. :)

• Advertisement

Hi Koolkid,
    any chance you can sort my problem out? :)

Sure,
    Can you link to the thread in question?

The link below is the thread Koolkid. :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057642118

Hi again Koolkid, don't mean to be a pest but any chance you can help me figure out the wiring setup? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

I'm completely confused going from aritech sensor contacts to hkc

In the good old aritach days, you had your two outer tamper connections, and then did a loop to between your reed and sensors. Two wires, one in, one out and one loop

With the hkc, had to he first two terminals as a loop (as it happens, another contact for another window), next two tamper, and the last two the alarm wires

Couldn't get it to work for love nor money

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

What sensor are you usin

I'm completely confused going from aritech sensor contacts to hkc

In the good old aritach days, you had your two outer tamper connections, and then did a loop to between your reed and sensors. Two wires, one in, one out and one loop

With the hkc, had to he first two terminals as a loop (as it happens, another contact for another window), next two tamper, and the last two the alarm wires

Couldn't get it to work for love nor money

If you have it wired as you say it may be the head on the sensor.
    There is an arrow that needs to point up on the head.

If you have it wired as you say it may be the head on the sensor.
    There is an arrow that needs to point up on the head.

I did not know that. I'll check, thanks

I did not know that. I'll check, thanks

No problem, hopefully thats all that it was.
    Other than that, using a multimeter will soon put it right for you.

No problem, hopefully thats all that it was.
    Other than that, using a multimeter will soon put it right for you.

8 months later and I got around to installing that HKC

It was the arrow, pointing the wrong way.

Thanks very much Altor

• Advertisement

The arrow up is a common problem when remounting these sensors.
    Glad you got it all sorted.

8 months later and I got around to installing that HKC

It was the arrow, pointing the wrong way.

Thanks very much Altor

You're welcome,

You wont be the only person caught out by that :)

Advertisement