Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to install a HKC window slimline sensor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

tangoman wrote: »
    expander is not metal same as main panel there is a spring on main panel which i tried but cant see anything on expander panel

No metal housing, where did you get it, where have you got it installed ? Have you tried testing any of the zones on the expander to see if they work ?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭tangoman

altor wrote: »
    No metal housing, where did you get it, where have you got it installed ? Have you tried testing any of the zones on the expander to see if they work ?

when you mean housing do you mean the box the panel is fitted in this is metal and there is a tamper spring on main panel but cant see one on expander panel

i have it installed under stairs and i have not tested anything yet just doing what you said and trying to add devices

when you mean housing do you mean the box the panel is fitted in this is metal and there is a tamper spring on main panel but cant see one on expander panel

No, it has its own metal housing. I will post a picture later. Is there a blue tamper switch on the expander ?

No, it has its own metal housing. I will post a picture later. Is there a blue tamper switch on the expander ?

no it is just a printed circuit and clips on to 4 pins on box

i sent you a photo of the panels before

sent 8 aug photo 13 of expander panel

• Advertisement

no it is just a printed circuit and clips on to 4 pins on box

i sent you a photo of the panels before

Is it a 4 zone expander ?

Is it a 4 zone expander ?

no it is 8 and main board 8 16 all together

no it is 8 and main board 8 16 all together

Can you post a picture, I cant find the one you posted.
    Thanks.

Can you post a picture, I cant find the one you posted.
    Thanks.
    page5 6 aug photo 13

page5 6 aug photo 13

Here is the blue tamper spring you press to ID the expander on the system.

• Advertisement

Here is the point ID module. I would install theses in the panel.

Should be NC not NO

Like this.

Here is the point ID module. I would install theses in the panel.

at the moment my alarms are wired nc and c do i change them now to normally open.Do I still feed them with 12v and seperate 12v for point sensor.have four wires off alarm two for 12v and nc and c have linked out 12v tofeed both alarms

have added expander thanks but same problem with rkp where is the tamper to close for this

at the moment my alarms are wired nc and c do i change them now to normally open.

No, that was my mistake in the diagram. I have fixed it in the new one :D
    Do I still feed them with 12v and seperate 12v for point sensor.have four wires off alarm two for 12v and nc and c have linked out 12v tofeed both alarms

Yes you do need to power the devices. If you install the module in the panel it will mean just connecting the 12v off the board.

problem with rkp where is the tamper to close for this

When you open the keypad the spring is inside it.

If you have a tamper on the expander you will need to go into the devices menu, expander options menu, expander 1. You can turn off the tamper in here as the expander is inside your main panel.

If you have a tamper on the expander you will need to go into the devices menu, expander options menu, expander 1. You can turn off the tamper in here as the expander is inside your main panel.

i think i have all that done now added rkp and went to expander options and selected tamper no so i think the pir rkp and expander are added what next

what about the panic buttons have them as dual end line do i have to add these alsoto devices

i think i have all that done now added rkp and went to expander options and selected tamper no so i think the pir rkp and expander are added what next

Thats good, walk test all the zones. Go into service menu, walk test menu. Do the zones first, then the points.

Nearly finished :D

what about the panic buttons have them as dual end line do i have to add these alsoto devices

No, these go on there own zone or connect them as the diagram. You need to change the zone types of these zones. Zone 1 is always entry/exit, the rest are set as alarm. If you install a panic on a zone, change the zone type to panic.

• Advertisement

No, these go on there own zone or connect them as the diagram. You need to change the zone types of these zones. Zone 1 is always entry/exit, the rest are set as alarm. If you install a panic on a zone, change the zone type to panic.

i have them on their own zone wired as diagram.done walk test think i have a problem on onme of kitchen windows zone9 here is result

zone 1 front door contact only tam t=ok
    zone2 front living room window 2 sensors dual end of line ok t=ok
    zone 3 hall window 1 sensor single end of line ditto
    zone 4 back door 1 sensor single end of line ditto
    zone 5 pir ditto
    zone6 panic button bedroom tam t=ok
    zone7 panic button hall ok t=ok
    zone8 spare
    zone9 kitchen window 2 sensors dual end of line exp1 input 1 open
    zone10 kitchen window 2 sensors dual end of line exp1 input2 tam=ok
    zone11 bedroom1 single end of line exp1 ok t=ok
    zone12 bedroom2 ditto
    zone13 bedroom3 ditto
    zone14 en suite ditto
    zone15 landing ditto
    zone16 bathroom ditto

Well done, it is telling you the zone is open. Check the arrow on the sensor head is pointing up plus check the magnet is close enough to the device.

Leave that zone on walk test when your fixing the problem.

Well done, it is telling you the zone is open. Check the arrow on the sensor head is pointing up plus check the magnet is close enough to the device.

Leave that zone on walk test when your fixing the problem.

ok willdo and what next if i fix that or should i not do anymore until i get the point sensors and digi dialler tomorrow

ok willdo and what next if i fix that or should i not do anymore until i get the point sensors and digi dialler tomorrow

Once you fix that the alarm will be ready to use, you can add the other devices when ever suits you. Just make sure you get point ID modules.

Once you fix that the alarm will be ready to use, you can add the other devices when ever suits you. Just make sure you get point ID modules.

i have opened the second kitchen window but it does not show up as open on rkp but says tam t=ok

which easiest way of checking these windows without disconnecting them they have two openings with sensor on each wired as for dual end of line.one has two resistors in it.how can i check magnet closeenough without disconnecting

arrows are up and magnets set ok

i have opened the second kitchen window but it does not show up as open on rkp but says tam t=ok

which easiest way of checking these windows without disconnecting them they have two openings with sensor on each wired as for dual end of line.one has two resistors in it.how can i check magnet closeenough without disconnecting

arrows are up and magnets set ok

It is not wired correctly.

Check the wiring is the same as the diagram.

It is not wired correctly.

Check the wiring is the same as the diagram.

found it broken wire in junction box thanks enough for today will get point sensors and dialler tomorrow

thanks

you told me before that i could connect the smoke alarms into zones 5678 or in with pir but if you think modules are better will get

found it broken wire in junction box thanks enough for today will get point sensors and dialler tomorrow

thanks

Your welcome, always happy to help :D
    you told me before that i could connect the smoke alarms into zones 5678 or in with pir but if you think modules are better will get

Correct but you will need the ID modules to do it this way. They are all given a point on the zone. P.50-P.59. 10 MAX.

Zones and points are different. Point are better as you can control each device. If you had a zone with a number of devices on on it you are stuck to that zone type. With the point ID you can have different types on the same loop.

Your welcome, always happy to help :D

Correct but you will need the ID modules to do it this way. They are all given a point on the zone. P.50-P.59. 10 MAX.

Zones and points are different. Point are better as you can control each device. If you had a zone with a number of devices on on it you are stuck to that zone type. With the point ID you can have different types on the same loop.

regarding digi dialler SW-DMTC this only does text what you think about fitting a voice dialler seperate was on to suppliers they said the SW-DMTC is 80 euros and voice 140 euros willgo with your decission

• Advertisement

regarding digi dialler SW-DMTC this only does text what you think about fitting a voice dialler seperate was on to suppliers they said the SW-DMTC is 80 euros and voice 140 euros willgo with your decission

With the text dialer you will know what zone has activated plus you will get another text if someone walks in front of a pir. You will be sure someone is in the house then.

The voice will just play a recorded message that the alarm has activated.

Do you know the make of voice dialer ?

Advertisement