Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to install a HKC window slimline sensor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭tangoman

altor wrote: »
    With the text dialer you will know what zone has activated plus you will get another text if someone walks in front of a pir. You will be sure someone is in the house then.

The voice will just play a recorded message that the alarm has activated.

Do you know the make of voice dialer ?

no i just rang IDAS and asked me did i want text or voice told me the hkc just fit into panel and the other one comes in box like a keypad so then I sent you message to advise me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

tangoman wrote: »
    no i just rang IDAS and asked me did i want text or voice told me the hkc just fit into panel and the other one comes in box like a keypad so then I sent you message to advise me

The voice gets power of the panel plus you connect the trigger off the external bell.

It is up to you which one to get.

The voice gets power of the panel plus you connect the trigger off the external bell.

It is up to you which one to get.

will get the SW-DMTC you recommended first thanks

ok i have id sensors and SW-DMTC digidialler.Wheredi i fit the sensors inside the panel or outside the panel,not much room inside.Do I have to switch off mains or 12v to panel before i fit digidialler to plug on panel

your diagram does not have a sensor in it should i disconnect it and take it off

what zone do data cables go to.I have one spare zone 8 or do i fit them on zone 5 with pir

i think i could fit ids behind main panel if i take it off

will get the SW-DMTC you recommended first thanks

ok i have id sensors and SW-DMTC digidialler.Wheredi i fit the sensors inside the panel or outside the panel,not much room inside.Do I have to switch off mains or 12v to panel before i fit digidialler to plug on panel

your diagram does not have a sensor in it should i disconnect it and take it off

what zone do data cables go to.I have one spare zone 8 or do i fit them on zone 5 with pir

i think i could fit ids behind main panel if i take it off

Yes, you will need to remove all the power off the board to install the dialer.

They can sit on top of the battery. You can add them in to zone 5, at lease you will have a spare zone in the panel if you ever need it.

When you open the ID module it should look the same as the diagram i posted. If it has the barrel in it you got ID shock sensors. If this is the case you can cut the barrel out and join the two cores together to make it a ID module.

To set up the text card go into the serial port menu, SMS text menu.

Site name, enter house alarm or house address.
    Text phone numbers, 0871234567 up to 19 numbers but you wont need that many :D
    Send test text. phone 1.

• Advertisement

To set up the text card go into the serial port menu, SMS text menu.

Site name, enter house alarm or house address.
    Text phone numbers, 0871234567 up to 19 numbers but you wont need that many :D
    Send test text. phone 1.

have fitted id sensors but having trouble adding them to zone 5 with pir how do i do it.says now no comms and lost pir

have fitted id sensors but having trouble adding them to zone 5 with pir how do i do it.says now no comms and lost pir

Something not connected, could be the data or power. Check the cables going to the devices.

What you have to do is join the data cable coming from the pir with the data cables coming from the ID modules. If you have one motion you will have 3 cores twisted together going into zone 5 with the link still in. Power them from the 12v off the panel.

When done go to devices menu and scan zone 5 devices. If it picks them up it will tell you how many, then ID them with the tamper. When you are enrolling them make sure you go to the next point on the keypad, so if you have the pir on P.50 the first smoke will be on P.51.

Any problems let me know.

Something not connected, could be the data or power. Check the cables going to the devices.

What you have to do is join the data cable coming from the pir with the data cables coming from the ID modules. If you have one motion you will have 3 cores twisted together going into zone 5 with the link still in. Power them from the 12v off the panel.

When done go to devices menu and scan zone 5 devices. If it picks them up it will tell you how many, then ID them with the tamper. When you are enrolling them make sure you go to the next point on the keypad, so if you have the pir on P.50 the first smoke will be on P.51.

Any problems let me know.

have lost my pir now says Comms lost.Disconnected data leads from id modules but still pir not working and no blue light in it now

done what you told me.took off shock sensors and joined wires together and then wired as diagram and have three wires going into zone 5.have left the 12v supply going to each alarm.

will double check it all again tomorrow

done what you told me.took off shock sensors and joined wires together and then wired as diagram and have three wires going into zone 5.have left the 12v supply going to each alarm.

will double check it all again tomorrow

You joined the two cores of the shock head together. All that does is close the loop as your not using the shock.

Did you do a scan again ?

You joined the two cores of the shock head together. All that does is close the loop as your not using the shock.

Did you do a scan again ?

have lost my pir now at 50 says Comms lost.Disconnected data leads from id modules but still pir not working and no blue light in it now

• Advertisement

have lost my pir now at 50 says Comms lost.Disconnected data leads from id modules but still pir not working and no blue light in it now

12v fuse on the board is blown. There are four on the board, it is the 3rd one down ;)

12v fuse on the board is blown. There are four on the board, it is the 3rd one down ;)

your brilliant yes it is gone it what amperage is it can i use a car fuse 12v 2amp or is it special fuse

your brilliant yes it is gone it what amperage is it can i use a car fuse 12v 2amp or is it special fuse

Its a 800ma fuse.

Its a 800ma fuse.

ok have pir and alarms working and assigned to zone 5 50,51 and 52.
    whats next do i have to name them.on zone 5 it just comes up pir

ok have pir and alarms working and assigned to zone 5 50,51 and 52.
    whats next do i have to name them.on zone 5 it just comes up pir

In the point menu you enter there name plus you set up there type plus if you want the beam off at night you do this in the options part of the menu.

In the point menu you enter there name plus you set up there type plus if you want the beam off at night you do this in the options part of the menu.

ok have done all that now i will fit digi dialler and then will check everything again.

have A B LINE C D PHONE AND EARTH

ok have done all that now i will fit digi dialler and then will check everything again.

Well done, all tested and working ?

have A B LINE C D PHONE AND EARTH

The main phone line coming into the house goes into A/B then out to the other phones on C/D. You will need to connect the earth off the power coming into the panel, just double up on the earth.

Well done, all tested and working ?

NO HOW DO I TEST EVERYTHING WORKING WAS GOING TO FIT DIGI FIRST THEN CHECK EVERYTHING.

The main phone line coming into the house goes into A/B then out to the other phones on C/D. You will need to connect the earth off the power coming into the panel, just double up on the earth.

DO I SWITCH OFF MAINS AND DISCONNECT BATTERY FIRST.

DOES ITY MATTER WHICH WAY AROUND LINE IN GOES INTO A B.
    WHEN YOU SAY OUT TO PHONES DO I CONNECT INTO ONE OF MY HOUSE PHONES I THOUGHT IT WAS ONLY SENDING TEXT MESSAGES TO MOBILES

SO WILL HAVE TO BRING 4 CORE CABLE FROM HALLWAY WHERE MY LINE COMES IN TO PANEL UNDER STAIRS YES?

DO I SWITCH OFF MAINS AND DISCONNECT BATTERY FIRST.

DOES ITY MATTER WHICH WAY AROUND LINE IN GOES INTO A B.
    WHEN YOU SAY OUT TO PHONES DO I CONNECT INTO ONE OF MY HOUSE PHONES I THOUGHT IT WAS ONLY SENDING TEXT MESSAGES TO MOBILES

Yes, always switch off the main when doing anything with electricity.

No once it has the voltage, the dialer will seize the line in A/B. The reason it is done this way is if someone breaks into your house and takes the phone off the hook it the dialer wont ring out.

Yes, always switch off the main when doing anything with electricity.

No once it has the voltage, the dialer will seize the line in A/B. The reason it is done this way is if someone breaks into your house and takes the phone off the hook it the dialer wont ring out.

I MEAN MAINS AND BATTERY AT PANEL TO FIT DIGI DIALLER TO PANEL.

I THOUGH IT WAS TEXTING TO MOBILE PNONES NOT TO LAND LINES

MY FRIENDS I WANT TO CONTACT IF ALARM GOES OFF DONT HAVE LANDLINES ANYMORE INCLUDING MY SON

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What's with the all caps?
    No shouting.

I MEAN MAINS AND BATTERY AT PANEL TO FIT DIGI DIALLER TO PANEL.

I THOUGH IT WAS TEXTING TO MOBILE PNONES NOT TO LAND LINES

MY FRIENDS I WANT TO CONTACT IF ALARM GOES OFF DONT HAVE LANDLINES ANYMORE INCLUDING MY SON

Yes, disconnect the mains going to the panel plus the battery to fit the dialer onto the board.

It will send text to mobiles once your service provider is Eircom or Vodafone.

You can put up to 19 numbers of people you want to get the notification from the panel too.

Yes, disconnect the mains going to the panel plus the battery to fit the dialer onto the board.

It will send text to mobiles once your service provider is Eircom or Vodafone.

You can put up to 19 numbers of people you want to get the notification from the panel too.

my telephone with eircom

when i disconnect mains and battery the outside bell going off.i put in 1111 and 045657 but no good

my telephone with eircom

when i disconnect mains and battery the outside bell going off.i put in 1111 and 045657 but no good

Are you sure you have it connected properly.

Internal - strobe
    External - external
    Tamper return - tamper return
    Sabb hold - sabb hold

It will ring when you stop all power going to it but when you power it back up entering in your code should turn it off.

Are you sure you have it connected properly.

Internal - strobe
    External - external
    Tamper return - tamper return
    Sabb hold - sabb hold

It will ring when you stop all power going to it but when you power it back up entering in your code should turn it off.

yes it stops when i re pwer up so this ok then?

can i power down fit digi dialler and power back up without connecting phone line to it till later just plug it to board when powered down and do i then have to power down again before i connect phone line

yes it stops when i re pwer up so this ok then?

Yes thats correct.
    can i power down fit digi dialler and power back up without connecting phone line to it till later just plug it to board when powered down and do i then have to power down again before i connect phone line

Yes you can.

Yes thats correct.

Yes you can.

and power down to wire later?

and power down to wire later?

No need to do that. It will show a fault but since your installing the line later it wont matter.

No need to do that. It will show a fault but since your installing the line later it wont matter.

forgot to wire internal bomb bell there are four wires on in red black and twp white which i presume are tamper.have fitted it in hall and fitted a tamper junction box to connect it with the 8 wire cable ii have run in for phone so can i wire the two white through tamper in junction box and where do i wire at panel is it in with the wires coming from the SAAB going to internal bell + and - on panel

• Advertisement

forgot to wire internal bomb bell there are four wires on in red black and twp white which i presume are tamper.have fitted it in hall and fitted a tamper junction box to connect it with the 8 wire cable ii have run in for phone so can i wire the two white through tamper in junction box and where do i wire at panel is it in with the wires coming from the SAAB going to internal bell + and - on panel

You will need to double up the cables going into the internal bell terminal in the panel.

You should not be running any other cable with the phone line. I suggest running the internal bell on its own and the phone line on its own cable.

Advertisement