Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to install a HKC window slimline sensor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭tangoman

altor wrote: »
    You will need to double up the cables going into the internal bell terminal in the panel.

You should not be running any other cable with the phone line. I suggest running the internal bell on its own and the phone line on its own cable.

what is reason for not using same cable

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

tangoman wrote: »
    what is reason for not using same cable

The phone line can cause interference.

The phone line can cause interference.

understand will use two wires from door contact for bell and new cable for phone.do i have to keep it away from the other cables

understand will use two wires from door contact for bell and new cable for phone.do i have to keep it away from the other cables

Its always best to do it this way.

Its always best to do it this way.

where do i connect the two white tamper wires from bell to at panel

• Advertisement

where do i connect the two white tamper wires from bell to at panel

If you put them into the tamper side of zone 8 and put siren tamper in as the name you will always know what it corresponds to.

If you put them into the tamper side of zone 8 and put siren tamper in as the name you will always know what it corresponds to.

ok i pressume i take out link.that means i have no free zones left yes

ok i pressume i take out link.that means i have no free zones left yes

Correct. We can always free that zone up for you again if you ever need it ;)

Correct. We can always free that zone up for you again if you ever need it ;)

what size wire do i need for earth from digi to main panel

what size wire do i need for earth from digi to main panel

• Advertisement

what size is that is it the same as mains lighting earth cable have a piece of that

what size is that is it the same as mains lighting earth cable have a piece of that

A bit of flex cable.

A bit of flex cable.

ok i run seperate cable for telephone switched off mains and 12v fitted and wired digi dialler.

wired internal bell from spare wires going to door contact and connected to internal connections on panel withsaab and tamper wires i took out link on zone 8 and put them there.

i think i have done everything now just need to check everything working
    correctly and program digi dialler.does this hve to be added in devices?

on front door i only have a contact should i have tamper here.

what next

ok i run seperate cable for telephone switched off mains and 12v fitted and wired digi dialler.

wired internal bell from spare wires going to door contact and connected to internal connections on panel withsaab and tamper wires i took out link on zone 8 and put them there.

i think i have done everything now just need to check everything working
    correctly and program digi dialler.does this hve to be added in devices?

on front door i only have a contact should i have tamper here.

what next

The dialer does not have to be added in devices. The panel will pick it up when you power it back on.

The front door if wired dual end of line will only have two cores used back at the panel.

You just need to test all zones, test text and that should be it.

The dialer does not have to be added in devices. The panel will pick it up when you power it back on.

The front door if wired dual end of line will only have two cores used back at the panel.

You just need to test all zones, test text and that should be it.

just have two wires in door but i did not fit any resistors i think there are 5 terminals on contact.

how do i test all zones and text do i have to put phone numbers in first my house phone is working

just have two wires in door but i did not fit any resistors i think there are 5 terminals on contact.

It can still be wired dual end of line of there is no tamper on the contact.
    how do i test all zones and text do i have to put phone numbers in first my house phone is working

Go into service menu, then into walk test.

You will need at lease one phone number in to test the dialer, i suggest your mobile number first.

It can still be wired dual end of line of there is no tamper on the contact.

Go into service menu, then into walk test.

You will need at lease one phone number in to test the dialer, i suggest your mobile number first.

ok but how do i check it how do i send message to my mobile.how do i check smoke/heat alarms..

ok but how do i check it how do i send message to my mobile.how do i check smoke/heat alarms..

Two ways, either go into the send test SMS or come out of engineering and press activate a panic on the alarm.

There should be a test button on the smoke/heat alarms.

Two ways, either go into the send test SMS or come out of engineering and press activate a panic on the alarm.

There should be a test button on the smoke/heat alarms.

tested all zones pir and smoke alarms all ok.

put my name and mobile number for P01 and tried to send test text but would not send.do i have to put digi on to system first

tested all zones pir and smoke alarms all ok.

put my name and mobile number for P01 and tried to send test text but would not send.do i have to put digi on to system first

Once you plug the dialer on to the board and program it it should work. Can you check to see if you have voltage on the phone line in the panel.

• Advertisement

Once you plug the dialer on to the board and program it it should work. Can you check to see if you have voltage on the phone line in the panel.

my house phones are working and are through dialler

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is caller ID active on you house phone?
    You can't send texts if its not.

koolkid wrote: »
    Is caller ID active on you house phone?
    You can't send texts if its not.

dont know that will check what if i disconnect the house phone

yes when i ring from my house phone it comes up private number but dont know how to switch it off

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its irrelevant. The CLI must be enabled on your line. If you call your mobile from your house phone does the number display?

my house phones are working and are through dialler

Are you sure you have it connected through the dialer correctly ?

If you activate the alarm does it cut off the other phones in the house ?

I have set this up on x directory numbers with no problems.

CLI has to be enabled on the line from the exchange. You can still be ex directory.

yes when i ring from my house phone it comes up private number but dont know how to switch it off

Did you try activating the alarm to see if it cuts off the house phones ?

Are you sure you have it connected through the dialer correctly ?

If you activate the alarm does it cut off the other phones in the house ?

will try that

how do i activate alarm do i go out of engineer menu and open the door and how do i know if it cuts off the phone and how do i stop the alarm again

will try that

Also go into serial port menu, modem card menu, yes, scroll to the options menu, press yes, scroll to modem options menu. Make sure the text is enabled.

If you dont have a meter to test the voltage, connect the main line into the A/B. Dont connect the out going line to C/D. Close up the lid, come out of engineering and see if you have a line fault on the keypad.

• Advertisement

Also go into serial port menu, modem card menu, yes, scroll to the options menu, press yes, scroll to modem options menu. Make sure the text is enabled.

If you dont have a meter to test the voltage, connect the main line into the A/B. Dont connect the out going line to C/D. Close up the lid, come out of engineering and see if you have a line fault on the keypad.

have meter what should voltage be

Advertisement