Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to install a HKC window slimline sensor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

tangoman wrote: »
    will try that

how do i activate alarm do i go out of engineer menu and open the door and how do i know if it cuts off the phone and how do i stop the alarm again

Quit, quit, exit engineering. press * + # together on keypad to activate the alarm. Enter your user code to disarm the alarm.

have meter what should voltage be

50 - 54v Disconnect C/D first. Then try A/B.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭tangoman

altor wrote: »
    50 - 54v Disconnect C/D first. Then try A/B.

i am confused now,
    went into serial port,modem card menu,options menu,modem options,what next.i have user caller ID no, line share no, ringsB4 ans 00

i have voltmeter so do i connect it across line in and check for 50-54 volts or do i have to disconnect from dialler first and if so do i have to disconnect mains and battery first

if i set off alarm should my phone go dead or engaged sound

i am confused now,
    went into serial port,modem card menu,options menu,modem options,what next.i have user caller ID no, line share no, ringsB4 ans 00

i have voltmeter so do i connect it across line in and check for 50-54 volts or do i have to disconnect from dialler first and if so do i have to disconnect mains and battery first

if i set off alarm should my phone go dead or engaged sound

Sorry my mistake, go into serial port menu, modem card menu, yes, scroll to the options menu, press yes, scroll to misc options menu. Make sure the text is enabled.

Disconnect C/D from the dialer, put meter across A/B.

There is no need to disconnect the power off the alarm while doing this.

Sorry my mistake, go into serial port menu, modem card menu, yes, scroll to the options menu, press yes, scroll to misc options menu. Make sure the text is enabled.

Disconnect C/D from the dialer, put meter across A/B.

There is no need to disconnect the power off the alarm while doing this.

well my mistake also found problem i had the line in CD instead AB hope i not caused problem with board

• Advertisement

well my mistake also found problem i had the line in CD instead AB hope i not caused problem with board

Easy mistake to make, did you test the text function ?

Easy mistake to make, did you test the text function ?

Yes working what next

Yes working what next

Thats great. No need to contact Eircom :D.

Change user code plus engineering code in the user menu.
    Change the time and date in the timers menu.

Close up panel and thats you alarm working if there are no faults :D

Thats great. No need to contact Eircom :D.

Change user code plus engineering code in the user menu.
    Change the time and date in the timers menu.

Close up panel and thats you alarm working if there are no faults :D

changed time and date
    user code this will be my code for disarming alarm yesand 4 numbers
    and 5 numbers for engineering code yes.

when i want to arm panel what do i press

if i want alarm on at night and bedroom window open can i do that

changed time and date
    user code this will be my code for disarming alarm yesand 4 numbers
    and 5 numbers for engineering code yes.

when i want to arm panel what do i press

if i want alarm on at night and bedroom window open can i do that

Correct. The user or engineer code can be 4 digits, up to 6 if you want.
    You cant have a 0 in the code plus it cant end in 9.

To arm the panel you enter your user code, to disarm you enter your user code.

0#7 to part arm A, 0#8 to part arm B, enter your user code to disarm.

To have windows off when you part arm the alarm you will need to set this up in the options menu of the zones.

You have two part sets on the alarm 0#7 and 0#8 I would set it up that 0#7 turns off the pirs.

Then setup 0#8 to turn off the zones you want plus the pirs at night. Gives you two options that way.

• Advertisement

Correct. The user or engineer code can be 4 digits, up to 6 if you want.
    You cant have a 0 in the code plus it cant end in 9.

To arm the panel you enter your user code, to disarm you enter your user code.

0#7 to part arm A, 0#8 to part arm B, enter your user code to disarm.

To have windows off when you part arm the alarm you will need to set this up in the options menu of the zones.

You have two part sets on the alarm 0#7 and 0#8 I would set it up that 0#7 turns off the pirs.

Then setup 0#8 to turn off the zones you want plus the pirs at night. Gives you two options that way.

changed user and engineer codes shall i fit cover to panel next whill in engineering menu and should that put out fault light on rkp.

why 2 part sets and what they for what he difference.
    so 7 will be just for pirs and 8 will be just for zones
    so how will the pirs turn off if set up 8 at night if they are on 7
    when i want to part arm do i enter user code to arm first and then 0#7 or 0#8 to part arm

how does external bell still ring when i disconnect mains and battery at panel where does it get its power

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

how does external bell still ring when i disconnect mains and battery at panel where does it get its power
    It has its own battery on board.

changed user and engineer codes shall i fit cover to panel next whill in engineering menu and should that put out fault light on rkp.

why 2 part sets and what they for what he difference.
    so 7 will be just for pirs and 8 will be just for zones
    so how will the pirs turn off if set up 8 at night if they are on 7
    when i want to part arm do i enter user code to arm first and then 0#7 or 0#8 to part arm

Yes it will if there are no faults on the alarm.
    This is the way i would set them up.
    The first part set will turn off the pir and leave the windows and doors on.
    The second one will turn off the pir plus whatever zone you want.

The two partsets are set up by you to what way you want them to work. You set them up in the options menu of zones for the zones plus points option menu for the points.

There is a back up battery in your external bell that kicks in when the power is off.

Yes it will if there are no faults on the alarm.
    This is the way i would set them up.
    The first part set will turn off the pir and leave the windows and doors on.
    The second one will turn off the pir plus whatever zone you want.

The two partsets are set up by you to what way you want them to work. You set them up in the options menu of zones for the zones plus points option menu for the points.

There is a back up battery in your external bell that kicks in when the power is off.

put lid back on panel but orange fault light still on rkp.went into walk test on zones and they said ok t=ok except front door and panic button bedroom which says tam t=ok

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Does it show any faults when you try and set the alarm. ?

put lid back on panel but orange fault light still on rkp.went into walk test on zones and they said ok t=ok except front door and panic button bedroom which says tam t=ok

If you go into the service menu, scroll to open inputs menu. In here you can check if you have any open zones plus open tampers on the alarm. Scroll between open points/zones and open tampers.

If you go into the service menu, scroll to open inputs menu. In here you can check if you have any open zones plus open tampers on the alarm. Scroll between open points/zones and open tampers.

have 4 open tampers front door, pb bedroom zone8 and panel lid.

front door i did not fit any resistors just two wires,

PB Have to check that again must have done something wrong.

zone 8 is the tamper wires from internal bed but wired it through a junction box so have to check that also

i cant find whats wrong with the tamper from internal bell have the two tamper wires now running direct to tamper on zone 8.i took out link should i have left it in

have 4 open tampers front door, pb bedroom zone8 and panel lid.

front door i did not fit any resistors just two wires,

PB Have to check that again must have done something wrong.

zone 8 is the tamper wires from internal bed but wired it through a junction box so have to check that also

Just wiring issues then. Leave it on the open inputs menu so you can check before you come out of engineering.

Just wiring issues then. Leave it on the open inputs menu so you can check before you come out of engineering.

ok will try later thanks

cant find whats wrong with the tamper from internal bell have the two tamper wires now running direct to tamper on zone 8.i took out link should i have left it in

• Advertisement

cant find whats wrong with the tamper from internal bell have the two tamper wires now running direct to tamper on zone 8.i took out link should i have left it in

If you close up the internal bell, set your meter on continuity, it should ring. if its not the fault is with the tamper on the internal bell.

The link should come out if your putting it on the tamper side of the zone.

If you close up the internal bell, set your meter on continuity, it should ring. if its not the fault is with the tamper on the internal bell.

The link should come out if your putting it on the tamper side of the zone.

i sorry dont understand.
    the internal bell is called a bomb it is a small sealed box with 4 wires coming out red and black and two white,i have wired red + black neg and two tamper wires up to zone 8.

my pb in bedroom is wired the same as in hall but showing tamper.

my front door i have now wired as your diagram for single contact and fitted 2 resistors and now it is ok on tamper but open zone.

am i going crazy

i sorry dont understand.
    the internal bell is called a bomb it is a small sealed box with 4 wires coming out red and black and two white,i have wired red + black neg and two tamper wires up to zone 8.

my pb in bedroom is wired the same as in hall but showing tamper.

my front door i have now wired as your diagram for single contact and fitted 2 resistors and now it is ok on tamper but open zone.

am i going crazy

Do the white wires ring if you test it on continuity with a meter ?

Can you post a picture of the wiring you have done, it will need to be a clear picture so i can help you.

Can you post a picture of the wiring you have done, it will need to be a clear picture so i can help you.

found problem with bell wall not straight and was not closing the tamper on back of box just front door and pb bedroom now.front door has a contact like your diagram with 5 terminals and i have wired it like that with 2 resistors the tamper ok but now zone faulty.the pb is wired same as the one in hall but still showing tamper

fixed pb just front door now cant sort it out

fixed pb just front door now cant sort it out

The front door should be straight forward to do.
    One core plus one leg of resistor goes to the first point on the reed.
    Two legs of the resistors twisted together go to the other end of the reed.
    If there is no tamper on the contact just twist the remaining leg plus core together. If there is a tamper on the contact split them through the tamper.

Change the zone hardware to dual end of line.

Hope this helps..

The front door should be straight forward to do.
    One core plus one leg of resistor goes to the first point on the reed.
    Two legs of the resistors twisted together go to the other end of the reed.
    If there is no tamper on the contact just twist the remaining leg plus core together. If there is a tamper on the contact split them through the tamper.

Change the zone hardware to dual end of line.

Hope this helps..

i was wiring it as with tamper but opened it abd no tamper so wired as you said and now ok. All zones and tampers are now showing ok but the orange fault light on rkp is flashing sometimes

seems to be intermittent fault

i was wiring it as with tamper but opened it abd no tamper so wired as you said and now ok. All zones and tampers are now showing ok but the orange fault light on rkp is flashing sometimes

seems to be intermittent fault

Thats good.

Come out of engineering, if the alarm activates enter your user code and see what it says on the keypad. Let me know how you get on.

Thats good.

Come out of engineering, if the alarm activates enter your user code and see what it says on the keypad. Let me know how you get on.
    when i checking tampers there are no faults and after few seconds light flahes three times then stops same in zones.when i quit engineering it says wait a minute then says DMC DETECTED then my phone starts getting text messages then i go back into eng mode to stop it

• Advertisement

when i checking tampers there are no faults and after few seconds light flahes three times then stops same in zones.when i quit engineering it says wait a minute then says DMC DETECTED then my phone starts getting text messages then i go back into eng mode to stop it

What does the message say ?

Advertisement