Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to install a HKC window slimline sensor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭tangoman

altor wrote: »
    What does the message say ?

tamper external bell tamper

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

tangoman wrote: »
    tamper external bell tamper

Two things to look at here.

If you look at the external bell when you wire it there is a resistor in it. One core goes into the BHO, one core goes in with one leg of the resistor in the left side of where the resistor is in the bell.

There is also a tamper that has to sit against the wall. If needs be bend the plate the enables this to work as it must close the tamper. You will see what i mean when you have a look at it.

Two things to look at here.

If you look at the external bell when you wire it there is a resistor in it. One core goes into the BHO, one core goes in with one leg of the resistor in the left side of where the resistor is in the bell.

There is also a tamper that has to sit against the wall. If needs be bend the plate the enables this to work as it must close the tamper. You will see what i mean when you have a look at it.

can i switch off digi dialler till i fix problem

can i switch off digi dialler till i fix problem

If you delete the phone numbers you have entered this will stop it texting till you fix the problem.

If you delete the phone numbers you have entered this will stop it texting till you fix the problem.

when i open lid of external box the alarm is going off how can i stop it

• Advertisement

when i open lid of external box the alarm is going off how can i stop it

There is no way of stopping it unless you disconnect the cable from the panel and disconnect the back up battery in the external bell when you open it.

There is no way of stopping it unless you disconnect the cable from the panel and disconnect the back up battery in the external bell when you open it.

which wires do i disconnect at panel is it the two going to external bell

is there a tamper on lid of external bell and is this what your telling me to bend or is there another tamper is it a metal plate i bend.

can i just open lid and disconnect battery without opening panel and disconnecting from there

which wires do i disconnect at panel is it the two going to external bell

is there a tamper on lid of external bell and is this what your telling me to bend or is there another tamper is it a metal plate i bend.

can i just open lid and disconnect battery without opening panel and disconnecting from there

You should have 6 cores going to the external bell.
    Two for tamper.
    Two for the strobe.
    Two for the external bell.

When you open the external bell the switch for the tamper will open, activating the external bell. It only activates when you open it so I would check to see if your resistor is fitted correctly.
    If you want to disable the sound while your working on it I would disconnect it at the panel and when you open it disconnect the battery. If you dont do it this way you may blow a fuse plus you wont be able to stop it sounding until the timer runs out.

You should have 6 cores going to the external bell.
    Two for tamper.
    Two for the strobe.
    Two for the external bell.

When you open the external bell the switch for the tamper will open, activating the external bell. It only activates when you open it so I would check to see if your resistor is fitted correctly.
    If you want to disable the sound while your working on it I would disconnect it at the panel and when you open it disconnect the battery. If you dont do it this way you may blow a fuse plus you wont be able to stop it sounding until the timer runs out.

do i have to disconnect all six wires at panel or just two
    are thert two tampers in bell one on lid and the other one you are telling me to bend
    when i went to open lid of bell the alarm went off and i closed it again does this mean the resistor is fitted right

do i have to disconnect all six wires at panel or just two
    are thert two tampers in bell one on lid and the other one you are telling me to bend
    when i went to open lid of bell the alarm went off and i closed it again does this mean the resistor is fitted right

If you want it to stop sounding disconnect all the cores plus when you open the bell disconnect the battery.

Without looking at it i would say you have a loose cable with regards the tamper. You say it comes on intermittently so this could be the cause.
    If the panel is saying its the external bell then i would have to say check the cable.

The tamper is like a spring with a metal plate that hits off the back wall plus closes when you close the lid, sometimes you need to bend it to get good tamper on the external bell.

• Advertisement

If you want it to stop sounding disconnect all the cores plus when you open the bell disconnect the battery.

Without looking at it i would say you have a loose cable with regards the tamper. You say it comes on intermittently so this could be the cause.
    If the panel is saying its the external bell then i would have to say check the cable.

The tamper is like a spring with a metal plate that hits off the back wall plus closes when you close the lid, sometimes you need to bend it to get good tamper on the external bell.

i can only see 1 tamper for lid and i have bent this metal plate 4 times but still no good is there another tamper

i can only see 1 tamper for lid and i have bent this metal plate 4 times but still no good is there another tamper

No there is only one tamper on the external bell, you should hear it click when you close the lid. Have you got it connected correctly in the panel ?
    BHO - BHO
    TAMPER RETURN - TAMPER RETURN

You need only one resistor in the external bell, did you take the other one out of the panel ?

No there is only one tamper on the external bell, you should hear it click when you close the lid. Have you got it connected correctly in the panel ?
    BHO - BHO
    TAMPER RETURN - TAMPER RETURN

You need only one resistor in the external bell, did you take the other one out of the panel ?

what is BHO

I have six wires going to SAAB external bell

from left to right white + green -

then on right side yellow with one leg of tamper
    next other leg tamper
    black saab hold
    blue neg external bell
    red + external bell

they are wired same way in panel and there is a resistor between tamper return (yellow) and black (saab hold)

i can here it click when i close lid

what is BHO

I have six wires going to SAAB external bell

from left to right white + green -

then on right side yellow with one leg of tamper
    next other leg tamper
    black saab hold
    blue neg external bell
    red + external bell

they are wired same way in panel and there is a resistor between tamper return (yellow) and black (saab hold)

i can here it click when i close lid

As you look at it in the external bell you should have one core in with leg of the resistor in the left side, other leg of resistor in on its own on the right.

There should only be one resistor in the external bell, not in the panel. HKC have one in there in case you dont install an external bell so remove it from the panel.

Let me know if it clears the fault.

As you look at it in the external bell you should have one core in with leg of the resistor in the left side, other leg of resistor in on its own on the right.

There should only be one resistor in the external bell, not in the panel. HKC have one in there in case you dont install an external bell so remove it from the panel.

Let me know if it clears the fault.

yes thats solved it now all zones and tampers ok whats next

yes thats solved it now all zones and tampers ok whats next

Close up panel and reprogram the text dialer. That should be all done then :D

Close up panel and reprogram the text dialer. That should be all done then :D

ok done that
    do i have to check alarm now
    do i have to set exit time for front door

i was told that you can switch off your al;arm from your phone if your out and it goes off accidentally is this true.i also heard on the radio yesterday about a man who was away on hollidays and somebody broke into his house and it sent him a text and photos of two men breaking into his house and he was able to ring the police and they caught them

ok done that
    do i have to check alarm now
    do i have to set exit time for front door

i was told that you can switch off your al;arm from your phone if your out and it goes off accidentally is this true.i also heard on the radio yesterday about a man who was away on hollidays and somebody broke into his house and it sent him a text and photos of two men breaking into his house and he was able to ring the police and they caught them

The times are already set up for entry/exit for 30 seconds in the programming.

You can only have remote access to the panel if you fit a HKC GSM. Costs nearly €400 for this. Very easy to set up.

You would need to fit a DVR, cameras, connect it to your home network and when the alarm goes off dial in and look at your cameras.

The times are already set up for entry/exit for 30 seconds in the programming.

You can only have remote access to the panel if you fit a HKC GSM. Costs nearly €400 for this. Very easy to set up.

You would need to fit a DVR, cameras, connect it to your home network and when the alarm goes off dial in and look at your cameras.

ok do i have to check alarm now and how do i do that without setting it off

ok do i have to check alarm now and how do i do that without setting it off

In engineering go into the service menu and do a walk test. Go into the open zones and tampers also to make sure you have no faults. When you come out of engineering check to make sure it is texting your phone when the alarm activates.

• Advertisement

In engineering go into the service menu and do a walk test. Go into the open zones and tampers also to make sure you have no faults. When you come out of engineering check to make sure it is texting your phone when the alarm activates.

ok done walk test of zones all ok do i do walk test of anything else

ok done walk test of zones all ok do i do walk test of anything else

That should be everything. Just test the text when you come out of engineering.

That should be everything. Just test the text when you come out of engineering.

came out engineering and set alarm then opened window and alarm went off and sent me text

came out engineering and set alarm then opened window and alarm went off and sent me text

All working so :D

All working so :D

at last thought i would never finish it.Thank you so much for all your help i could not have done it without you,your a great teacher D (still dont know your name but i cant thank you enough

Albert

my next project is to fit security cameras as i dont feel safe in my home at my age

do you know anything about these

at last thought i would never finish it.Thank you so much for all your help i could not have done it without you,your a great teacher D (still dont know your name but i cant thank you enough

Albert

my next project is to fit security cameras as i dont feel safe in my home at my age

do you know anything about these

Your welcome tangoman, you where a good student ;) if you every have problems with the alarm i will always help :D

What are you thinking with regard the CCTV, how many cameras are you planning to install ? Have you any idea of systems and cameras you will be installing ?

Your welcome tangoman, you where a good student ;) if you every have problems with the alarm i will always help :D

What are you thinking with regard the CCTV, how many cameras are you planning to install ? Have you any idea of systems and cameras you will be installing ?

like the alarm i know nothing about cctv and would like your opinion.

i was thinking camera back and front colour good quality picture,
    recorder and maybe like you said so i could check my alarm
    i dont know what else the cameras will do so maybe you could advise me as to best and what they all do and then i can decide

thanks

your star pupil

like the alarm i know nothing about cctv and would like your opinion.

i was thinking camera back and front colour good quality picture,
    recorder and maybe like you said so i could check my alarm
    i dont know what else the cameras will do so maybe you could advise me as to best and what they all do and then i can decide

thanks

your star pupil

There are alot of systems out there, I would use two Genie GD5324v Varifocal for the cameras, they cost €185 each. For the DVR I would use ECOR4 4 Channel MPEG4 Digital Video Recorder, this costs €515.

Expensive I know but if your looking for a good system this is the one i would use. You can connect it to your home network to view over the internet if the alarm goes off.

There are alot of systems out there, I would use two Genie GD5324v Varifocal for the cameras, they cost €185 each. For the DVR I would use ECOR4 4 Channel MPEG4 Digital Video Recorder, this costs €515.

Expensive I know but if your looking for a good system this is the one i would use. You can connect it to your home network to view over the internet if the alarm goes off.

yes i think to expesive for me i can spend maybe 600

what is it to look out for in cameras is it the more led the better and higher resolution and what to look for in a dvr.
    can you connect any cameras to my alarm through internet or is it the dvr
    what is best wired or wireless

• Advertisement

yes i think to expesive for me i can spend maybe 600

what is it to look out for in cameras is it the more led the better and higher resolution and what to look for in a dvr.
    can you connect any cameras to my alarm through internet or is it the dvr
    what is best wired or wireless

Descent warranty 3 year plus, descent resolution. Always best to look at a demo unit before buying, most sellers will always have a unit set up.

The cameras are connected to the DVR and you can view them over the internet if connected to your home network.

You can get system for €600 but I would rather spend the extra to get a system that is good quality plus with a warranty of 3 years plus.

Advertisement