Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N95 owners thoughts etc

• 12-04-2007 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

just got my n95 and im chuffed with it.the gps took a min or two to lock but since then has locked on the satellites nearly almost immediately,has rebooted itself once or twice though,am absolutely disgusted that this came with no memorycard and with no factory screen protector,every other nokia i have had came with both anybody else notice this ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

rahenyguy wrote:
    just got my n95 and im chuffed with it.the gps took a min or two to lock but since then has locked on the satellites nearly almost immediately,has rebooted itself once or twice though,am absolutely disgusted that this came with no memorycard and with no factory screen protector,every other nokia i have had came with both anybody else notice this ?

Not many nokia's come with screen protector, also about the memory card the best bet is to buy one from ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ANTI-SCRATCH-Nokia-N95-FULL-FRONT-Screen-Protector-UK_W0QQitemZ270108854915QQihZ017QQcategoryZ50332QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭rahenyguy

ordered a 2gb card off ebay yesterday before i got the phone,just suprised that something so expensive didnt have,also any previous n series ive had,n70,n73,n80 all came with a screen protector on them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Was in 3 today and asked about the n95. The dude behind the counter said its coming to three and will be exclusive to them for a month. He didnt know a date but said should be out around the end of the month/ start of next month.

They are doing tests on it at the mo to see if it will be compatible with the network and X-series. So also x-series could a go here too....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Dave6195 wrote:
    Was in 3 today and asked about the n95. The dude behind the counter said its coming to three and will be exclusive to them for a month. He didnt know a date but said should be out around the end of the month/ start of next month.

They are doing tests on it at the mo to see if it will be compatible with the network and X-series. So also x-series could a go here too....

not a hope in hell.... sorry. I'm still waiting on the W950i which 3 said would be out in 2 weeks.. .... last November!
    x-series even looks doubtful now that 3 are doing the broadband add on's which seem to directly contravene an x-series offering here. They are too similar, there would then be too many options, as they are watching how x-series is going down in the uk.. they look like they are trying a different data model in Ireland to see how it will go..

Unfortunately they no next to nothing in the 3 shops. Its not their fault, they are simply not told by or are wholly inexperienced in technical matters beyond selling handsets so they end up bull****ting everyone who walks in just to get through their day.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

question... i will b getting one of these soon... is there a msn compatabile symbian program that will connect over the wifi? i know agile used to work but id prefer a freeware one... anyone?

• Advertisement

Dave6195 wrote:

No way is it going to be on any network in ireland for another few weeks or months.
    Its a brand new phone and sim free prices are mad at the moment and not stable.No network will put them on the network until it calms down abit.

splinter wrote:
    question... i will b getting one of these soon... is there a msn compatabile symbian program that will connect over the wifi? i know agile used to work but id prefer a freeware one... anyone?

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/software/item/Turbo_MSN_for_Series_60_3rd_Edition.php

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/software/item/HIER--S60_3rd_edition.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

quintron wrote:
    x-series even looks doubtful now that 3 are doing the broadband add on's which seem to directly contravene an x-series offering here. They are too similar, there would then be too many options, as they are watching how x-series is going down in the uk.. they look like they are trying a different data model in Ireland to see how it will go..

you could well be correct. There used to be an "X Series" link at the bottom of the main www.three.ie webpage and it disappeared about 3 weeks ago.

i can confirm that this device swallows the batterys,went from an overnight initial charge last night to this morning 11 am,full battery to 2 bars left by 6 pm

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭speedy21

So would you reccomend buying one?
    Where did you get yours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

rahenyguy wrote:
    i can confirm that this device swallows the batterys,went from an overnight initial charge last night to this morning 11 am,full battery to 2 bars left by 6 pm

Was that with regular use or were you going through the new toy phase playing with the camera, wi-fi , music etc ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

What advantage would you say it has over the N91 8GB?

mr_angry wrote:
    What advantage would you say it has over the N91 8GB?

OS
    Speed
    GPS
    Camera
    No HDD
    HSDPA
    Screen Size

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Got my N95 a week ago today. Having a few problems. 1st the slider has become loose on the right side. I would expect something like this after a couple of months, not 7 days. 2nd half the time the person i am calling cannot hear me at all and i can hear myself talking. There is a big hiss in the earspeaker and my gps never locks on. Going back with it tomorrow to try and exchange it for another. Hopefully shouldnt be a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Defo gonna pick up one of these when the price drops to in or around €500..

Defo gonna pick up one of these when the price drops to in or around €500..

Im in the same boat.I will pick one up in the next 2-3 weeks but i donot think it will fall to 500 soon :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Meh see if I can swing one in work - somehow :|

with fairly regular use used the gps for a half and hour thats about it

i have that hiss as well,think its something to do with the backlighting of the screen
    Got my N95 a week ago today. Having a few problems. 1st the slider has become loose on the right side. I would expect something like this after a couple of months, not 7 days. 2nd half the time the person i am calling cannot hear me at all and i can hear myself talking. There is a big hiss in the earspeaker and my gps never locks on. Going back with it tomorrow to try and exchange it for another. Hopefully shouldnt be a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

the rrp for the phone is kinda high in my opinion no matter how many functions it has and certainly after these few opinions im not tempted at all to get one.im sure the price will come down soon as typical of nokias ( referring to the non limited series of course)
    its ridicolous that people have problems with calling from a phone with those specs

• Advertisement

Did you purchase it in ireland or abroad.Hope you get a replacement as that sounds bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Get an iPhone

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

drdre wrote:
    Did you purchase it in ireland or abroad.Hope you get a replacement as that sounds bad.

Bought it in enniskillen carphone warehouse. Took it back today and they swapped it for a new one straight away no hassle.

Bought it in enniskillen carphone warehouse. Took it back today and they swapped it for a new one straight away no hassle.
    What price is it up there?And does it come with a memory card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

499GBP
    The CPW in Belfast offered me a 1GB card with it. The wee pets!

Dman001 wrote:
    Get an iPhone

get over it

quintron wrote:
    get over it
    Can't. It's too gorgeous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

Dman001 wrote:
    Can't. It's too gorgeous.

Yes. Have you got one? No? I wonder why! Shut up and bog off.

Dman001 wrote:
    Get an iPhone
    Do you have the iphone ?:D

• Advertisement

testicle wrote:
    Yes. Have you got one? No? I wonder why! Shut up and bog off.
    Shish!!!!! What did I do?

Advertisement