Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer lunch ideas

• 12-04-2007 9:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭

Now the weather is getting warmer I'm finding I want to eat completely different stuff to before. Been experimenting a little and have found the yummiest wraps.

Get a tortilla wrap, grated cheddar cheese, Remoulade sauce(herby mayo stuff from Aldi or Lidl), chicken nuggets/tenders( I use Quorn chicken style nuggets), cucumber. Cook the nuggets, 2 or 3 per wrap for a normal sized nugget. When they're done heat the wrap in the microwave until the cheese melts. Chop the nuggets and spread along with the chopped cucumber and add a bit of sauce. So delicious I've been eating barely anything else.

Sure I'll get bored of it soon though so what do you like for a quick summer lunch?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Can't beat homemade fruit salad - mango, pineapple, strawberry, blueberry, banana. I sprinkle oats over it too. My girlfriend, who has a higher tolerance for seeds than I, dusts linseeds, sunflower seeds etc over hers. I often douse mine in natural yogurt too. It's tedious chopping up the fruit and cleaning up after it, but you can't fault it on health or taste grounds.

Fish is another good one. Fry cod in good quality oil. Have with lemon and your choice of the day's "La Brea" breads. If you're a bit of a lush, have some summery white or rose wine with it, even though it's not yet 2pm and it's still midweek. We're here for a good time, not a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭catspring

salad's always a good choice for summer. i'd a particularly nice one yesterday:
    cut some chorizo into cubes and fry in a very hot, oilless pan until slightly crispy. meanwhile dice some red onion and marinate in enough balsamic vinegar to cover (about 5 mins should do the trick). put some uncooked baby spinach leaves in a bowl/plate, add some halved cherry tomatoes and some diced avocado. top with chorizo and red onion. use the balsamic vinegar from the onion, and the slightly cooled fat that's left in the pan from the chorizo for the dressing.
    deelicious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Annika30

Quiche is perfect, you can have that cold or warm. There are so many variations you can make as well:D Ham and cheese, chicken and sweetcorn, vegetarian etc etc
    Annika

Advertisement